New Here, Any Updates On Deliveries? | FerrariChat

New Here, Any Updates On Deliveries?

Discussion in '296' started by Cadeaux, May 23, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cadeaux

Cadeaux Karting

May 23, 2022
    Hey all, my name is Randy, I have a 296 gtb on order in texas. I placed the order last year, haven't really had any updates since. I don't want to bug my salesman, but initially I was told Q2 2022 and now the last time I saw him a couple weeks ago, he told me not until 2023. They called me in to sign some paperwork about I won't sell the car for 1 year and if I do they get first right of refusal? Is that pretty standard. This is my first new ferrari I got to spec. I have purchased a few used ones, but never a new one so new to this side of the game.

Overall excited and happy to join this community. Also are there any good resources out there for new owners like me besdies this forum? Not much info out there regarding the 296, youtube is a place i find lots of videos about the car, but was curious if there was any more places i should be looking bc there's only a handful of videos on youtube available.

Thanks again

ryalex likes this.
  2. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    Welcome to the forum and Congrats on the order!

I've place my deposit last year and no allocations have been sent to the dealers yet. I asked FNA this past weekend at Watkins Glen Ferrari challenge event and they're hoping next summer?? My SF90 spider was to be this fall but has been delayed due supply chain issues.

3. BigJay2050

BigJay2050 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    Congrats and Welcome! You should never have to worry about reaching out to your salesperson, they are there to help you.

That said, it seems that 2023Q1 is likely, but it will depend on where your deposit is on the list and when the allocation gets assigned by FNA. As to your question on right of first refusal, yes, that's pretty standard.

As far as information on the 296, it's been suggested that dealers will start to receive their demo cars this summer/fall. I would suspect we get a lot more information/impressions then as more and more people have the opportunity to test drive and demo the 296.

Caeruleus11 and Cadeaux like this.
  4. Cadeaux

Cadeaux Karting

May 23, 2022
    Thank you so much both of you, like I said I have been using youtube for updates so to speak and I saw a video today someone posted about how he was shocked his 296 build was nearly $500k and my dealer is still unable to give me firm pricing, like I said happy to finally be able to order a ferrari how i wanted, i wasn't expecting near $500k but I also heard the video say dealers bring higher specs in first. Is that true? Bc I didn't order a custom paint or assetto fiorano and I think i heard this guy say his custom paint was $30k? I don't know i just saw all this a little while ago and I had been reading this forum for a while so i decided to ask the experts bc I was really planning maybe $360k? If thats the case then mine wont be coming for a long time, right? Sorry for all the questions.

5. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    @Cadeaux, to help you get a better idea of where you stand, as your dealer how many orders are "ahead of yours"? Are you first? 10th? 30th? And then factor that your dealer might receive 1 or 2 allocations per month (you could ask them how many allocations they expect per month once production starts) and then use that to see how far down the list your order will be. For instance, your dealer receives their first 296 allocation this September and your order is number 20 in the "order stack", that would tend to indicate your "allocation" might occur a year from then and then could be 6-10 months to delivery, all said, your car might arrive spring 2024...again, using the example of being their 20th order...

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. BigJay2050

BigJay2050 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    Your dealer should be able to give you the price sheet on the GTB with the options you selected and a total cost. Pricing can (and likely will) change between today and delivery but this should give you an idea of where you stand.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  7. Cadeaux

Cadeaux Karting

May 23, 2022
    Thanks alot guys, are most of you expecting your 296 close to the $500k range with assetto fiorano package? I was pretty shocked thats how high this guy said his was I believe $491k and then he cut alot to get it to down to low $400s. Opened my eyes to say the least.

8. BigJay2050

BigJay2050 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    If you add on the AF package, triple layer paint, and a ton of carbon fiber, then $500k isn't a stretch at all. That said, you can get a very well optioned build, including some CF elements, for ~$400k.

Let us know what your dealer tells you when you request the price sheet for your build.

ryalex likes this.
  9. Cadeaux

Cadeaux Karting

May 23, 2022
    I have asked before jay all I got was this email with basically a calculator showing all the options. I will be honest this is my first time ordering a car from this dealer and maybe its the particular salesman im working with but he seems just lazy. All he wants is to push me to spec it hard so it come early, he throws subtle "we bring in the highest spec cars first" even though i was told i was 3rd or 4th to put down the $10k deposit last year. I even gave them another $10k deposit for the GTS as well. Im trying to build my way up here, I have had 3 previous cars purchased from this dealer and thats why they finally let me build one.

10. BigJay2050

BigJay2050 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    Didn't the email with the calculated options have a total amount or at least have the options priced so you could total it out yourself? If you're that early on the deposit list, you should have a good chance of seeing your car in Q1/Q2 2023.

11. Cadeaux

Cadeaux Karting

May 23, 2022
    No it just showed all the options but no pricing total. I was told to just go through it and could get a rough estimate.....like I said this sales guy has been very little help. I get it, im a small fish.

12. BigJay2050

BigJay2050 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    You've purchased (3) Ferrari's from them and have (2) on order. That shouldn't be that small a fish to where you cannot get a price for your build.

Did the sheet they sent you have pricing for each option? Or there was no pricing at all? No total, no option, no nothing?

13. SJU

SJU Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Sal J
    Which Dealership are you working with?

14. Cadeaux

Cadeaux Karting

May 23, 2022
    I was sent this, its got a lot more but this is a screenshot of what they sent me. I've seen a couple on youtube with this same one so i figured this is what everyone got. So you guys are getting exact pricing and not just ballpark?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. BigJay2050

BigJay2050 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    You should be able to check off the options you selected and get a total price for your build based on that sheet.

You just have to remember that pricing isn't "final" until your car is essentially delivered, so if there is another price increase between now and your delivery, you would be subject to it.

16. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    I specd a GTB with tons of tinted carbon, all the safety options, and full electric seats around 450

mhh likes this.
  17. DQSF

DQSF Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dennis Q
    Yea you should have gotten a final priced spec list when you configured it. As said it’s subject to change until delivered but should give you a good idea. Ask you sales guy. Or escalate to the dealership manager. I’m of the mindset that you should feel well supported during this process when you’re paying so much. It’s ok to not get specific answers all the time or to have things change. But you should feel engaged and vested with your SA.

18. noobified

noobified Karting

Jun 5, 2008
    It shouldn't be like pulling teeth to get an options price list. I have a deposit on a GTS and was able to get a GTB options price list from my dealership.

19. fws357

fws357 Karting

Mar 27, 2022
    Not sure why people asking for options price list here? I sent a text to my dealer and 5 minutes later, received the PDF.

jm2 likes this.
  20. amandeep18feb

amandeep18feb Karting

May 6, 2022
    Seattle, USA
    Full Name:
    Aman Singh
    Are you allowed to share?

21. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
  22. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Unless I am mistaken the comprehensive price lists published here so far are for the gtb and not the gts.

amandeep18feb and Bmill like this.
  23. amandeep18feb

amandeep18feb Karting

May 6, 2022
    Seattle, USA
    Full Name:
    Aman Singh
    That is correct. My question above was also for GTS..

24. BigJay2050

BigJay2050 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    As far as I'm aware, there's no price list out for the GTS yet, unfortunately.

25. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Other than the base price, why would the options be priced any different.