Help me find my Scud :( | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Help me find my Scud :(

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by scudbud, May 24, 2022.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ivan Drago

Ivan Drago Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2021
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Ivan Drago
    I am not very familiar with how consignment works, so pardon my ignorance. I understand OP has the title, but what happens to the buyer if OP repossesses the car? He is just out of the money he spent on it?

2. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    The current possesser of the car would then get in line to claim funds from the bankruptcy....of course they would be at the bottom and unlikely to recover much if anything.

Time is so important in these cases. There were some parties who went to war early on with CNC that recovered property or were made nearly whole from things I read.

3. FerrariFinally

FerrariFinally Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Definitely learning a lot here. I hope I will never be in a situation like this

4. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Why on Earth anyone would be motivated to buy/sell a Ferrari through anything other than a Factory Authorized Dealership is beyond me.
    Good luck.

020147 likes this.
  5. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    I would think that after this amount of time you could report it as stolen. Contact your local PD. Do not talk with just the patrol guy, contact the Detective that handles stolen cars and talk to him.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    See above-
    The challenge is the car was voluntarily given over, and the breach is a civil matter.

One thought that is not helpful - getting duplicate title for a dealer is nothing. And deals can be done without your signature etc.

Despite not properly assigning a title, the new owner can be given title.

I assume you do not have a loan/lien as that would have been protective.

Get a lawyer and a PI as suggested and hope for the best. The cnc thing has been an education.

I’m sorry for this situation.

020147 likes this.