Charles Leclerc- Ferrari Driver | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Charles Leclerc- Ferrari Driver

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Jun 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    If Red Bull sinks he will sell his father for leaving. That´s all the loyalty that drivers have.

I also think that, although drivers want first and foremost a winning car, historically they are more willing to endure hardship at Ferrari. I guess it´s a combination of stability (Ferrari has ups and downs, but rarely falls below 3rd), decent salary, mediatic relevance (Ferrari always gets attention) and, why not, some "coolness".

375+ likes this.
  2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

That's your opinion, but I don't think all drivers feel like that.
    Many drivers left Ferrari in acrimonious circumstances, and others refused to join.

3. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I didn't say "they will", but "they're more willing".

4. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I love MY Ferrari (a 95 F355B M6.)

Ferrari quit being relevant to me about 2006 when Ferrari quit offering a manual transmission (California never counted for me).

I root for Ferrari when I can, I ignore Ferrari when its principle driver is someone I cannot stand (Vettel).

I also root for Alonso, Lewis, Bottas, and Ricciardo
    I root against Max, Vettel, most of the time FIA, Haas, and surprisingly Mick Schumacher while I adored his father.

5. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Bumping this thread to the top in hopes of a much needed Ferrari/Leclerc victory at the racer's dream that is Monaco, the grandest of all grands prix.

Picchu88, JWeiss, werewolf and 5 others like this.
  6. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I believe LeClerc will prevail.

7. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Not may chances left I believe Liberty will move that race once the contract is up

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Liberty needs to understand that Monaco isn't replaceable. It's THE track everyone wants to win.

It's like having Le Mans at Paul Ricard from now on.

furoni and F2003-GA like this.
  9. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Well, I think its Monaco that needs to wake up. If they want the race ( and they do ) then need to start investing in it. for a while now its been looking junkier and junkier ... with races like Miami, and Singapore and Baku ... Monaco's jewel in the crown is not as bright. I'm a F-1 traditionalist, and think it would be horrible to lose Monaco, but I can see it happening. For a long while its been a terrible place to watch the race, very elitist, and snobby when you are there, and the Grimalidi's keep all the money! the TV coverage is not as good, and not as well covered. BUT it still can be amazing they need to work with Liberty vs. keeping it on their own.

The Cars are simply too big for the track, I don't know what can actually be done for that..... If you ever get to drive in Monaco, you will know what I mean its tight in any car.

mdrums, jgonzalesm6 and william like this.
  10. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Yep. very true. It was one thing when you had Mr. Ferrari running it. he either liked you or did not, and once he lost faith in you, you were gone. But - you were also working for the boss - people like Lauda, Sheckter and Villeneuve knew how to use him to be successful... others did not. Once he was gone - the Ferrari leadership before DiMontezemolo was horrible too erratic etc... and its much like that now. Ferrari has to be a Dictatorship - or its not good. until they get a leader that can call all the shots and be above the critiques in the press... they will continue to lose.

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yes I agree both sides need to compromise. I've been to MC and it's very tight indeed.

I'd say extending the track by going left at Rascasse towards the Cruise ship pier, going up into that tunnel there and passing behind the buildings to come back onto what is the main straight (that isn't straight) would be a nice change and if planned smartly, could provide a very nice overtaking area. And, Monaco makes more money again as they can charge for a lot more spots for the yachts.

12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    It's widening the track that is needed, and they cannot do it !

Also, the pit lane is a joke, an absolute joke.

pilotoCS and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Have a little look at the new section I mention in the very post you quote. It's wide as ****.

14. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    The only place I see widening the track is after Portier, pass the pool area and before Rascasse....widening on the harbor side.....yes, it means tearing in the tunnel(harbor side) to make it wider.

15. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 why did F1 cars get so damn big?

Bas likes this.
  16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Because they gave too much power to the engineers when writting the rules IMO.

It's the same for street cars!

17. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Because the 2009 generation was the ugliest Formula One generation of all time with a special dedicace for the 2014 nose version.
    So they imagined this because they are tasteless and thinks that bigger is better and forgot how beautiful and nimble was the 1998-2004 generation of car.
    Add to this the lack of noise and you have a looser.

jcurry likes this.
  18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    It's simple, to make aero more efficient, you need a longer body (it's an aerodynamicist who told me).

Since aerodynamicists have taken over F1 they have imposed the parameters that suit them.

For 4 decades, engine made the difference in F1, now it's the aero, and the engines are "frozen".

Also, adding Kers and Hybrid later needed more space and more weight, hence longer wheelbase ...

I try not to think about all that when I watch a race. The pinacle of motor racing is going tits-up !! :mad:

jcurry likes this.
  19. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    yes, you are correct. if you are not able to exploit active aero, and active suspensions etc... and all you have is mechanical that is the only way to go is longer wider. I think the cars from 1990 - 1995 were about the right size... the earlier the better. when you see a current F-1 car they are really huge. at least as long as a S class mercedes.

20. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    That is my point:: Italians do not make good Dictators !!

21. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Make the cars smaller !!

william likes this.
  22. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Fuel saving Hybrid technology !!

23. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Have a dual (or triple) formula:: Cars with the MGU-H and -K weight 800 KG, cars with 3L V10s weight 600 Kg; then let them go at it.

24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The widening of 2017 didn't help matters. Sure the long wheelbase helps aero, but lower weight is preferred. Since in 2017 teams could easily make the minimum weight limit despite having really long cars, there was no penalty so cars grew in size. from 2013-14 cars barely grew in length, and until today the engine formula hasn't changed, so no actual need for longer wheel base.

Right now with the floor being the most powerful downforce generator but a maximum wheelbase imposed, they've all gone for the longest possible car. If the minimum weight was lower you'd be damn sure the cars would be shorter.

25. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I don’t see LEC going to another team anytime soon. Where? Red Bull is now locked down since PER got a contract extension and every other team is playing catch-up. He’ll just keep pushing for team management not to continue to let him down. Further screw-ups must result in a pit wall shake-up.

stavura, 635CSI, 375+ and 2 others like this.