No PPI available | FerrariChat

No PPI available

Discussion in '360/430' started by jcm12, May 28, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jcm12

jcm12 Karting

Apr 18, 2013
    Western KY
    Full Name:
    Jay Mayolo
  2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Also post your inquiry in the South Central forum here and members in that area might be in a position to make a referral. Good luck!

jcm12 likes this.
  3. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
    Looks great! I wonder what two of the things in the fronk are? One is probably a battery tender, the other I have no idea...

Sometimes it's what is not shown. I would assume if there was a flashlight (torch) they would have shown it. Ask about the fobs, 2 black, 1 red. Probably no cover.

jcm12 likes this.
  4. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Why wouldn't you be able to get a PPI? There should be some independents in the Nashville or Memphis suburbs who could do it. Sure, they are like 150 miles away, but when you pay 80K+ for a car that could have $$$ costs if you purchase without a PPI, I'd pay their travel fee.

I do love how the advertisement for the car says "Adult owned", I personally would never buy a 2nd hand Ferrari if it was toddler owned.

robertjskelton and efg2014 like this.
  5. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    There are a lot of expensive and rare options on this car as well.

Blue CS breather pipe
    OEM CS style airbox with quick latching MAF clips(extremely rare)
    Looks like OEM 360 CF engine lid louvers too which are incredibly rare

the CS exhaust, CS compensation and engine side covers in CF are nice additions as well but not nearly as rare as the above.

jcm12 likes this.
  6. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    You have the VIN - run a Carfax - that will tell you a lot. Looking at their inventory and recent cars sold they are not exactly familiar with Ferrari's - but do have some Corvettes in their inventory - You will want to make sure the car is physically there - many of these (at least in Colorado) are actually just brokers with a small office so they have a website and physical location but the cars are not actually there - not a show-stopper but you should know.

I agree with others - There is a new Ferrari Dealership in Nashville - One option if to have them inspect and buy the car and then buy it from the Nashville dealer (obviously you will pay more but have some peace of mind) // another option as others have suggested is see if one of the techs at the new Nashville dealer - or a reputable independent - will go perform an onsite PPI at your expense for flights/lodging/time. Spending $1500 on flights/hotel/meals for a tech to do an inspection is a drop in the bucket on a $85K car - especially a Ferrari. Lastly, you could do a quick litmus test on Martin Motor Company by seeing if they will split the cost of the onsite PPI with you if you buy the car - if you don't then no harm/no foul. If they really want to sell a Ferrari they should expect serious buyers to want a PPI so this should not be a shock and if I were them I would happily split $1500 of cost for a PPI to sell a $85K car. If they refuse that tells a lot.

It is a pretty car and a decent price and 360s are not as wrought with expensive "gotchas" as other models but it is still a Ferrari and knowing what you are in for up front will either allow you some peace of mind making the purchase or give you a reason to pass.

Now all this said, you could roll the dice and offer them a wire transfer for $80K cash if they ship it and then see what you end up with - a gamble definitey but I have a close friend who has bought several Ferrari's and two high-end Porsche's sight-unseen and has not been burned - he has bigger cahones than me but it happens.

Good luck - Cheers :)

jcm12 and energy88 like this.
  7. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    boy pretty car...looks immaculate....so you know the car has the eyeball, but the mechanicals are what you need to be worried about......paint a bumper is 2k. rebuild an engine is....ya know.....AND NOTHING BEATS A COUPE.....

8. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Another thing that is easily verifiable long-distance are maintenance records. The ad says and shows all the manuals but if this was "Adult Owned" (assuming private) then the maintenance records should be available and easily scanned into PDFs with previous owner's information redacted - Many 360 F1s (especially Red/Tan ones) ended up doing duty in exotic lease companies and "supercar experience" type ownership environments. Again, not a show-stopper but usually if this was the case the maintenance was either meticulous since the folks driving the cars tended to "explore" them either as a prospective buyer or someone who was realizing a dream but not a potential owner - or maintenance was sketchy because the entity just considered them a commodity and to be replaced by the next model.

Just another thing to check out that is easy and will tell you a lot - It is a SICK pretty car and from pics looks immaculate - Hell if I had the space I would wire them money and chance it since I have a great local Ferrari dealer to help sort out any issues!! :)

jcm12 likes this.
  9. jcm12

jcm12 Karting

Apr 18, 2013
    Western KY
    Full Name:
    Jay Mayolo
    I know of at least one in Nashville but I never thought anyone would let a car go that far for a PPI.

10. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I don't think we are recommending that the car go to Nashville - I am sure that Martin Motors won't let the car out of their sight until they sell it - nor should they - I think we are recommending flying a Ferrari tech/representative from the Nashville Ferrari Dealer TO the car and perform the PPI at the selling Dealer location - Essentially you pay Nashville Ferrari whatever they charge for a PPI (should be < $500 - Ferrari of Denver does them for $350 I believe) and then pay the flight/hotel/meal cost for the Tech to travel to the location, inspect the car probably stay the night and grab dinner then fly back to Nashville - All in should be < $2000 (unless the tech stays at a 4-star resort and has wagyu steak and truffled lobster for dinner :) ) My suggestion was to ask if the selling dealer would split the cost of the PPI/Travel if you buy the car - Hope this makes sense - Cheers :)

11. jcm12

jcm12 Karting

Apr 18, 2013
    Western KY
    Full Name:
    Jay Mayolo
    I got you. Finally lol. Thanks very much.

12. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    Nice looking late model F360 all stock! When I got my F430 I paid an independent $1200 to go from Virginia to North Carolina to check it out. A few thousand bucks are nothing compared to what you are buying. Now to contradict myself, I will say that I just picked up an 2008 LP640 for about 5X what this car cost and did it without getting a PP&I. Whatever the situation, you needs the balls to make a decision.

robertjskelton and jcm12 like this.
  13. jcm12

jcm12 Karting

Apr 18, 2013
    Western KY
    Full Name:
    Jay Mayolo
    Do you have any pics of your Murci?

14. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Another potential option that most Dealers and some of the larger but remote grey-market dealers are willing to do is for you to buy the car but have the money held in escrow until you take delivery and have it inspected - obviously within reasonable timeframe and mileage parameters. In other words you wire the $80-ishK to a bank with both you and Martin Motors as the co-holders of the money in escrow - Then the terms state something like "within X days and Y miles of delivery you either must release the money to the seller or return the vehicle in the same condition with no more than Y miles at which time the seller releases the money back to you" - Protects you and the seller - Something you might want to investigate but most smaller grey-market dealers (which Martin appears to be) usually are not willing or set up to do this - still worth investigating.

I have a friend in Florida who did this with a Pagani - worked flawlessly

Cheers :)

Performify and robertjskelton like this.
  15. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    Good thing it is adult owned. Tired of these toddler cars being sold for a premium.

jcm12 likes this.
  16. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    jcm12 likes this.
  17. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    Dang. Looks amazing.

Funny thing is I had a Porsche in the same color and people would say nice Lambo all the time.

18. jcm12

jcm12 Karting

Apr 18, 2013
    Western KY
    Full Name:
    Jay Mayolo
    Wow! That and the Countach are my favorite cars of all time. Stunning.

19. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    WTH??? Don't leave the best car out.....

Image Unavailable, Please Login

efg2014 and jcm12 like this.
  20. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Had a Diablo coupe back in the 90's. It was a cool car, but it was a spit "loogie" magnet. I swore never again to get a Lambo. Too many people disrespect them. It may have changed these days with all the YouTubers and their Lambos, but it ruined all the fun back then.

21. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Sorry to hear that, it gets nothing but compliments these days (in Texas). Maybe because it isn’t new and goofy looking as current exotics are.

22. jcm12

jcm12 Karting

Apr 18, 2013
    Western KY
    Full Name:
    Jay Mayolo
    Yes. Your car is awesome as well. Love Lamborghinis in these wild colors.