Looking for new center console switch plate for 2010 Cali - No sticky buttons please | FerrariChat

Looking for new center console switch plate for 2010 Cali - No sticky buttons please

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by John McBride, May 25, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John McBride

John McBride Rookie

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    John McBride
  2. bb2thdr

bb2thdr Karting

Dec 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    Scott Bialik
    There are threads about cleaning sticky buttons yourself, and even a company that does it for you.

3. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    We can help, email us for info.

4. John McBride

John McBride Rookie

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    John McBride
    John McBride - contact:
    [email protected]

5. John McBride

John McBride Rookie

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    John McBride
    Please email me your contact:
    my email: [email protected]

6. FrancisK

FrancisK Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2021
    Midwest

Just get some alcohol pads and rub them over a few times, i did mine last week I was shocked how easy it was and how well it worked. Maybe I just got lucky but couldn't believe how talked up this crazy problem is that was so easy to solve....

7. John McBride

John McBride Rookie

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    John McBride
    Misunderstanding as I’m looking to replace the module which was the photo I included.
    Thank you

FrancisK likes this.
  8. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I'll send you some parts to clean with alcohol swabs, post some pics when your done...lol

9. bb2thdr

bb2thdr Karting

Dec 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    Scott Bialik
    If you agree with the poster's comment or not, your reply is kind of snotty. It really doesn't show you or your business in the best light. Just my opinion.

FrancisK likes this.
  10. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    If you have dealt with customers who have ruined their parts attempting to clean them based off recommendations here, then you would understand. Leave it to the pros. Just my opinion....

11. 695

695 Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2021
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Why didn't you just write that then instead of posting a sarcastic comment? I thought we were to help each other and if you have valuable information on why the alcohol swab solution is a bad one, then please share your detailed experience with this, I think that would help all of us. Being sarcastic does not bring any valuable information to the table. Just my opinion ....

FrancisK likes this.
  12. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I own StickyNoMore, a refinishing business, most users that have been here any length of time know that. We have been a sponsor here for over 12 years. I'm not revealing my methods on how to properly refinish parts or I would be out of business. A quick search would show probably over a hundred threads and thousands posts about this very same thing....

13. bb2thdr

bb2thdr Karting

Dec 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    Scott Bialik
    695 wasn't asking you to reveal any trade secrets, just why the alcohol is a bad idea.

Honestly your post here, shares quite a bit of your personality, and not in a good way. I too am a professional, people do weird and sometimes stupid things. Part of being a professional is to educate as to why certain actions are bad or the consequences of such actions.

We are here to help and educate one another. You should base your business model off of that.

FrancisK likes this.
  14. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    The alcohol idea has been spoke about 100 times before and why it is a bad idea. Like I said, a quick search would reveal hundreds of posts on this subject. Thanks for the business advice

15. FrancisK

FrancisK Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2021
    Midwest

My apologies for getting in the way of your constant thread hijacking....

"lol"

16. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Constant thread hi jacking? Interesting observation from someone who hasn't been on the forum for a year with their profile not even completed, but ok....lol

17. FrancisK

FrancisK Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2021
    Midwest
    Yea and even I have noticed it, that’s saying something

“lol”

18. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    I'm on your side. Don't back down.

19. FrancisK

FrancisK Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2021
    Midwest

Side of what and back down from what exactly, his own actions? He is the one who decided to get cute for no reason, now he’s a victim because he got called out for it?

What we’re going to fight one on one or something?

Silly…

20. FrancisK

FrancisK Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2021
    Midwest
    This guys thread got hijacked for no reason, it wasn’t even about sticky buttons. Move along and forget it…sorry OP.