2022 Major and Annual Summarized | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2022 Major and Annual Summarized

Discussion in '612/599' started by JM280z, Apr 11, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    If you are using Shell 10-60 you still need the additive. GTO is the exception as they made engine changes, specifically to the variators.

2. JM280z

JM280z Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Yea, I added it. I listed it later in the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. RichardBriton

RichardBriton Rookie
    BANNED

May 29, 2022
    Full Name:
    Richard Briton
    Common Ferrari myth. This was solved by Assembly number 66931.

George Vosburgh likes this.
  4. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    Which is when they changed the variator assembly.

5. RichardBriton

RichardBriton Rookie
    BANNED

May 29, 2022
    Full Name:
    Richard Briton
    That was September 2006. You're making it sound as if every 599 off the line had the issue.

6. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    Joined two days ago and all you've done so far is point out how stupid or dumb everyone else is. You wont last long here. Not the spirit of the page.

flash32 likes this.
  7. RichardBriton

RichardBriton Rookie
    BANNED

May 29, 2022
    Full Name:
    Richard Briton
    Isn't it appropriate to correct mis-information? or are you just having an ego issue? You're right though. In a few days of perusing threads I haven't found there to be many knowledgeable folks around. I assumed basic information from Ferrari TSBs would be prevalent here on 15 year old information.

8. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    Its the delivery not the information. There is lots of TSB's from Ferrari that are half truths. had dozens of later 599 that had camshaft correlation codes that adding POA additive resolved after the factory had no solution.

9. RichardBriton

RichardBriton Rookie
    BANNED

May 29, 2022
    Full Name:
    Richard Briton
    Lol, no.

10. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    Good to know your the only one with Ferrari experience here.

11. RichardBriton

RichardBriton Rookie
    BANNED

May 29, 2022
    Full Name:
    Richard Briton
    The problem is you're wrong and you don't even understand why.

12. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    I'm not wrong. Had many late model 599 tracked in hot temperatures and all exhibited the same concerns. In the end factory had us try the POA additive and no more issues. This were factory sponsored events. You do you and I will take care of my clients.

ddrewesusa likes this.
  13. JM280z

JM280z Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Guys… we are talking circles here.

I don’t think we need either oil or additive. Just a waste of weight. Just my $0.02

Maybe .5L of oil or so for lubrication, but gotta draw the line somewhere. It’s the slippery slope, no pun intended.

14. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    92,955,807 miles from the sun
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    Over the last year of my Ferrari ownership and very few posts in the areas of the technical aspects of Ferrari ownership, issues, and faults, because I have been building my experience slowly, I have realized that there are extremely experienced and brilliant people on this forum. We have a great community and it stays great by talking with each other in a professional manner (outside of P&R of course). The people that are respected in this community bring a long history of credentials to the table and do so in a non-combative way discussing one of the most finicky and expensive to maintain machines ever built and it takes a community, like this, to support each other. The moderators are very strict to ensure this community (outside of P&R) stays civil and benefits everyone and combative and insulting posts are disruptive to the free exchange of experienced help this group provides. I have read your few posts in separate threads and almost all are attacking members on this board that have solid credentials that have been proven over time to the rest of us, and it is very poor form. You may be right, you may be wrong, it really doesn't matter since you have not brought any credentials to this community except to attack other members that I, and many members here, respect for their tireless dedication helping others on this board. If you feel this forum is not for you because you "haven't found there to be many knowledgeable folks around", please feel free to delete your FREE membership at any time. I really hope you do not, I hope you can integrate into this wonderful community and bring your proven credentials to everyone in a respectful manner discussing, with data from Ferrari, why you feel what you are helping someone with, is correct. That is all we ask.

Skidkid, flash32 and Nospinzone like this.
  15. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    @ddrewesusa

Thank you for a well written and well spoken post

It captures everything this forum and I stand for

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Skidkid, Nospinzone and ddrewesusa like this.
  16. JM280z

JM280z Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jake
    I see FChat members have a herd mentality and want FChat as a safe place and they’re quick to resort to ad hominem and delegitimize people based on length of membership or baseless insults. Also, frequent elitist mentality while sharing little information by saying things like, “read the owners manual” opposed to not commenting anything if it’s not useful. Hell, everything can be found on the internet so might as well shut down the forum and say, “just read the owner manual, service manual, or the whole internet, or just go to Ferrari tech mechanic school.”

All the highly experienced Ferrari tech wizards I know avoid FChat. I started this thread to be as elementary as possible to help. I enjoy teaching people and sometimes we forget to discuss the bare bones basics. People have to start somewhere.

I also have no respect for FChat mods because they frequently partake in the ad hominem banter while offering little help. That or they side with their friends who are blatantly unproductively insulting others on here, often ganging-up against the new comers.

I’m all for open discussion. I’m not saying either of the guys arguing are right/wrong. I’m merely pointing out that this banter is nothing new on FChat and I respect any party trying to help and share information; if the info is wrong, someone can say it’s wrong (hopefully substantiate it) and move on. It goes both ways.

I thank both the guys for sharing info and trying to help. If either has evidence to why one is right/wrong, please share, if not, then talking circles and getting into ad hominem is useless and will only scare away new members who want to share or learn or both from this forum.