P1141 | FerrariChat

P1141

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Martyb777, Jun 1, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Martyb777

Martyb777 Rookie

Mar 13, 2022
    Full Name:
    Marty Bauer
    Getting low speed left bank rich cel on my F430. Was thinking upstream 02, coil, or fuel injector. Just wondered who else has had this and what the outcome was. I’m not one to just throw parts at it to find the fix. I reset the ecu and put about 250 miles on and it came back so it needs to be addressed.

Thanks all!
    Marty

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Check for vacuum leaks around manifold ..carefully using brake cleaner or propane

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

tbakowsky likes this.
  3. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    P1141 is correcting for a lean condition. First I would smoke test the exhaust manifolds to ensure you do not have cracks that are contaminating the Lambda readings. Second check the intake as someone also mentioned. I would also use the smoke test method. Air meters and O2 sensors are a good consideration and easy to swap from side to side to confirm the diagnosis. If you are using oil impregnated air filters such as K&N they often contaminate the air meters. If you have a scan tool you can monitor the O2 sensor while adding some propane and confirm its readings change.
    You should have freeze frame data with the error that will at least give you an RPM and Load the concern occurred, aids in reproducing the issue or confirming the repair.

Island Guy and flash32 like this.
  4. Martyb777

Martyb777 Rookie

Mar 13, 2022
    Full Name:
    Marty Bauer
    P1141 shows a rich air fuel mixture on the code sheet, not lean. Is it over correcting for the lean condition and causing the rich to throw the code? Will do smoke test first, then swap upstream 02 from left to right and see if the code changes banks.

Qavion likes this.
  5. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    The system is too lean and it has reached its maximum enrichment value.

P1136 Long Term Fuel Trim Additive Fuel (Cylinder Bank 2; Bank 1) System too Rich (min)
    P1137 Long Term Fuel Trim Additive Fuel (Cylinder Bank 2; Bank 1) System too Lean (max)
    P1138 Long Term Fuel Trim Additive Fuel (Cylinder Bank 2; Bank 2) System too Lean (max)
    P1139 Long Term Fuel Trim Additive Fuel (Cylinder Bank 2; Bank 2) System too Rich (min)
    P1140 Long Term Fuel Trim Multiplicative, Lower (Cylinder Bank 2: Bank 1) System too Rich (min)
    P1141 Long Term Fuel Trim Multiplicative, Lower (Cylinder Bank 2: Bank 1) System too Lean (max)
    P1142 Long Term Fuel Trim Multiplicative, Lower (Cylinder Bank 2: Bank 2) System too Rich (min)
    P1143 Long Term Fuel Trim Multiplicative, Lower (Cylinder Bank 2: Bank 2) System too Lean (max)

6. Martyb777

Martyb777 Rookie

Mar 13, 2022
    Full Name:
    Marty Bauer
    I attached what I found for 430 error codes online, can someone confirm the correct list and let me know how to get it?

Attached Files:

7. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    That's the list which has been circulating on the forum. I don't know who made it or if it is accurate.

Maybe @windsock can tell us where he got his list from? Looks like gibberish to me:

"Cylinder bank 2: Bank 1"?
    I thought short term fuel trim was "additive".

8. Martyb777

Martyb777 Rookie

Mar 13, 2022
    Full Name:
    Marty Bauer
    Windsock, can you let us know where your list came from? Is it Ferrari specific?

9. Martyb777

Martyb777 Rookie

Mar 13, 2022
    Full Name:
    Marty Bauer
    I just downloaded the complete service manual with all fault codes. p1141 is a rich low speed condition, not lean.

Qavion likes this.