2017 Gran Turismo | FerrariChat

2017 Gran Turismo

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by johncasale, Apr 22, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johncasale

johncasale Karting

May 18, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    I recently changed the oil and filter on my 2017 Gran Turismo - does anyone know of an OBDII reader that can turn off the "wrench" service required dash light?

2. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
  3. johncasale

johncasale Karting

May 18, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
  4. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    As a temporary fix others have just turned the date back.

5. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Really? Mine is a 2009 but I've heard of others with newer cars say it works for them too. The guy who suggested it to me has one somewhere around 2014 I think it is. I wonder why it wouldn't work on a 2017? Did you download the app and the Maserati add on module?

6. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I went and looked on another board and some folks are having issues too. I ended up having to delete the app and everything, then re-downloading it to my phone. But Autel actually told you it won't work? Did they say it only works for specific years or anything?

7. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Also don't forget you need to download like three different apps (or are they add-ons to the app?!) to get this thing to work. I think it's the Diag Europe that actually does the reset.

Let me know and I can see if I can do it again and list step by step. But this little thing actually does quite a bit. I've been looking at more "robust" devices because I want to be able to do a clutch on mine when it comes to that and some other maintenance stuff that this little one won't do. But I was pretty happy for $60. The more expensive two way units are more like $700+ and up.

8. johncasale

johncasale Karting

May 18, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    Sorry for the late response, I was out of town. Yes I downloaded the Maserati specific app - but again, Autel told me their device wouldn't clear the wrench/service required light. I stopped at a local Maserati dealer while out of town and they won't clear it for me either. They told me they have to perform the service to get it turned off!

9. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    And you are using the Diag-europe part of the app? It's not intuitive to get started with like three different icons. So it's the Autel app, the maserati specific one, and the Diag-Europe one. The Diag-Europe is where you get to the functions like restting oil change light and you can live capture data.

It's odd that something would have changed. I'll look when I get home tonight and see if I can list the steps to get to the reset function.

10. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
  11. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    The later Maserati cars have the FCA security module in place and it prevents two way communication. You can receive but you cannot send into the car. You will need an FCA security bypass cable and the scan tool equipped for that function.

12. johncasale

johncasale Karting

May 18, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    Where/how can I obtain an FCA security bypass cable?

13. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006