High quality clamp for leaky exhaust? | FerrariChat

High quality clamp for leaky exhaust?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by raemin, Jun 4, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    my stainless exhaust are leaking at the clamp level. The issue here is that the stainless steel is softer than the stock exhaust, if I torque the stock clamp any further it crushes the tube...

The troublesome parts are the small lateral tubes.

Any help appreciated, this kind of spoils the otherwise lovely sound.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. wmuno

wmuno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 24, 2007
    Wilmette, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bill Muno
  3. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    I had to make some replacement clamps to solve the same problem but I would also suggest sealing joints with muffler cement also. I still have some of the original style clamps we made.

4. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    Would be interested in such clamps... (PM me if interested in a trade). If you prefer to keep yours, would appreciate some photos: I just can't see how the original clamp can make a leak-proof connection!

5. 360modena2003

360modena2003 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2009
  6. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    Clamp pictures. These are a stainless clamp we made and bent. It is critical your original pipes are in good condition. There are other options but I assumed you wanted to stay factory looking. Muffler cement is also a great help. This is the brand I like the most. https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-80335-12PK-Muffler-Tailpipe-Sealer/dp/B001RETQBC/ref=sr_1_13?crid=28SVZ4OQLMM36&keywords=exhaust+joint+sealant&qid=1654447646&sprefix=exhaust+joint+sealant%2Caps%2C262&sr=8-13

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

f355spider likes this.