488 GT Modificata track videos | FerrariChat

488 GT Modificata track videos

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by treynor, Jun 2, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. treynor

treynor Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ben
    After 9 months with my GTM, I've accumulated several onboard videos in this incredible Ferrari. I'd love to see other folks' videos as well - either onboard, or fly-by?

From my own collection:

Laguna Seca :

Watkins Glen :

Circuit of the Americas :

Road America :

kandi, mdrums, Il Tifoso and 6 others like this.
  2. Stephen Ayers

Stephen Ayers Rookie

Jan 21, 2018
    Bay Area, Northern California
    Full Name:
    Stephen Ayers
  3. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Thanks for sharing those videos Ben! Glad to see you putting it to good use. How do you like it compared to the 599xx? I assume it’s just a completely different experience and technology. Seems like a lot of the GTM owners have XX cars.

Unfortunately the only one I have seen was stationary but it was awesome looking at one up close and seeing all the aero bits!

4. treynor

treynor Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ben
    The two cars are sooo different to drive. The 599XX is all drama - screaming V12, rear end constantly scrabbling for grip, you're aware of the weight higher up and further forward. The 488 GT3/GTM are pure racecar - light, nimble, raw, serious downforce, and in the case of the GTM, also big power.

I love them both.

Gh21631 likes this.
  5. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Makes sense - 2 very different cars but both a blast to drive on the track. Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to seeing more

6. CarbonDan

CarbonDan Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    PNW
    I was just watching your video from 488 GTM video from Laguna yesterday, can not believe how fast the speed builds on it!
    Taking my 991 Cup to Laguna next Tuesday - can't wait :)

7. ewright

ewright Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    Ben it almost looks like the video is sped up, the car is just so damn fast!

8. treynor

treynor Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Here's a new one - Sonoma Raceway in Ferrari Challenge config with a chicane at T9:

Il Tifoso, Scudmsl and JAM1 like this.
  9. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    2:03 at COTA is no joke. How does the GTM compare to a Challenge EVO? Obviously, there's a lot more power there to put down that lap time.

10. treynor

treynor Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Compared to the 488CH-E, the GTM is 200lbs lighter, 50HP stronger, and has more tire and more aero. It's a monster.