812 Replacement Rumors | Page 54 | FerrariChat

812 Replacement Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Thecadster, Jun 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    Thanks for the info. Do you think the 750 HP 3.0V6 TT upgrade will be for the 296 VS which has already been confirmed?

2. DQSF

DQSF Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dennis Q
    Wait what can you share about the 296 VS?

3. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    Wait what can you share about the 296 VS?in 2023?

4. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Hearing its on but (as per usual) "must have a 296 to qualify" :)

Will be an amazing car if its produced.

5. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    https://www.politico.eu/article/european-parliament-votes-to-ban-combustion-engine-cars-from-2035/amp/

6. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Current active number of cars in active use throughout 27 member country EU: 285M
    https://www.acea.auto/publication/report-vehicles-in-use-europe-2022/

Total annual EV (not hybrid, only EV) worldwide production in 2021: 4M
    https://www.acea.auto/publication/report-vehicles-in-use-europe-2022/
    (scroll down to find EV only figure, I think the true value is less, but, will go with this number)

So, how do you get from 4M EVs a year to 80M per year? Never is the word I am thinking. 80M is approx. annual worldwide car/light truck sales

Even to reach 16M/year for approx. EU annual sales is going to be nearly impossible (raw material extraction limitations based on current battery chemistry requirements), so, in 13 years, what will happen? Given that the "charging infrastructure" to support millions with no regular overnight parking space will never exist, there will be a reckoning at some point that will change all of this. Will it be in 8 years? 10? not sure.

But, what is certain, the car manufacturers will have to comply as their lead times are years long, some will go out of business due to lack of sales if all they have to offer are non-hybrid EVs.

And, Ferrari's leadership is already gearing towards 100% EV only....they are truly excited for it (Elkann)

Will we actually receive a V12 non-hybrid 812 successor?...

7. 430jm

430jm Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2017
    Atlanta
    Doubtful if anyone is counting on anything standard production. Why I bought and will hold my 812.

Thecadster and JTSE30 like this.
  8. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    My guess is that 15/20 years from now owning a car will be a luxury and something only the rich will be able to afford, therefore annual production will be lower and price per car a lot higher. By then probably developed countries will improve on their capacities to supply / source batteries and other components .

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  9. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    That's it right there, between high prices, limited availability, restrictive and expensive charging, the EU goal of walking, pedaling and public transit will be obtained.
    https://road-safety.transport.ec.europa.eu/eu-road-safety-policy/priorities/safe-road-use/cyclists/walking-and-cycling-transport-modes_en

https://ecf.com/news-and-events/news/france-car-ads-will-have-encourage-use-cycling-and-other-sustainable-transport

Caeruleus11 and Marcel Massini like this.
  10. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    In the near dystopian future: You will own nothing and be happy about it.
    Leased apartment, no car(or if you really really need one- you can rent one for a a few hours), cellphone and computer leased, all music and video is streamed but you do not own the content ( if you want to watch it again- pay for it again)
    Rolling blackouts as all the electrical devices you use(but don’t own) put a strain on the electrical grid which is run by solar,wind and water( coal,oil,gas and nuclear are heaped onto the legacy dustbin)
    And earths temperatures will continue to rise and fall and climates change as per earths timetable and humans may or may not survive-it really isn’t within our power to change earths course

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11, crinoid, Bundy and 3 others like this.
  11. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    But, it does not have to be that way...and I hope it never is!

BTW, the 'vote' for the 2035 ban is "not law", just what the EU will push for in its negotiations...

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/business-environment-and-energy/eu-parliament-backs-2035-ban-new-combustion-car-sales

However, support of the European Parliament for the proposal does not mean the 2035 ban is now law; the parliament will now negotiate with EU member states in a consultation process, and today's vote dictates the position it will argue.

12. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Votes are in gents as of right now. From 2035 only full electric cars will be be allowed to be produced.
    No more ICE.....

13. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Nobody seems to understand this. :/

Kinda drives me crazy.

Still, I think electric cars make sense in high density population areas.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

SardarJi likes this.
  14. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The European Parliament does not have to power to implement the laws it passes. It is up to the Member-States to do that. This vote was more like a statement of intention. The real power broker in the EU is the Commission. Remains to be seen what will happen.

ANOpax and Maximus1973 like this.
  15. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    I Europe we know exactly where this is going. You will bend to the Enviroment loby no mater what.
    There is no bigger threat (yes, bigger then the war!) then global warming, Co2; whatever!
    I could go on about things that happened in the past, but I would get a ban....

Dubaicity and JTSE30 like this.
  16. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Or simply Ferrari testing new tech/batteries.
    Releasing both an SF90 AND LaF seems pointless.
    How do you communicate that to the public...!?

17. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Well, not all is lost yet: https://plugavel.com/39287/car/a-ferrari-amendment-to-continue-selling-thermal-after-2035/

That LaFerrari Aperta based mule has no electric warning stickers, so it might just be the engine mule for the SP3.

18. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
  19. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
  20. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    imagine roaring on the highway in a Ferrari V12 when everyone else is driving a silent electric car.
    Priceless.....
    (sorry for sounding like a snob!)

kazuya369, Garretto, Shack and 2 others like this.
  21. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Keep dreaming.
    We will no longer be allowed to "roar on highways in a Ferrari V12".
    Our cars will be in museums as static displays.
    Millions of people (voters!!) just don't get it yet.

Marcel Massini

22. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    So, where is the EU plan to remove 285M existing combustion vehicles from road-use ?

Is it simply by making gas/diesel too expensive (which would not stop 'roaring V12s...') or something else?

Currently it appears not to be happening, but, what have you found?

https://www.driving.co.uk/car-clinic/advice/2030-petrol-diesel-car-ban-12-things-need-know/
    from the link above:
    The petrol and diesel car ban only affects sales of new vehicles, so yes, you’ll still be able to buy and sell used cars that are powered by combustion engines after 2030, and you’ll also be able to buy and sell used hybrids after 2035.

# # #

At the moment there is no suggestion that classic cars powered by traditional petrol or diesel engines will be forced off the road. There are more than half a million “historic” vehicles — those over 40 years old — on British roads and it is unlikely that will change. It is expected that in the twenty years or so following the petrol and diesel car ban, old-style fuels will become less sought after, more expensive and harder to come by as a niche product for enthusiasts.

23. Enzo Anselmo Ferrari

Enzo Anselmo Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    France
    I have this debate with a friend of mines who has 15 classic cars every time I see him. To me classic cars will be allowed to be driven (here in France the FFVE, the federation for classic cars) works really hard for it, and for the moment politics understand that it would be foolish to ban car that, in average, are driven less than 1000km a year and represent only 0,5% of all the French car park.

however for the younger cars I don’t know how it will be in the forthcoming years… the « emission free zones » in France will first ban the Diesel engines, then petrol, but the schedule changes every day…