Mondial prices up, up, up... | FerrariChat

Mondial prices up, up, up...

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Matthew 6:19, Jun 7, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Matthew 6:19

Matthew 6:19 Karting

Dec 19, 2018
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Jamie
  2. hnichols

hnichols Karting

Apr 15, 2020
    Chicago IL
    Full Name:
    Hugh Nicholson
    Thanks for posting. I think I'm in the minority in NOT hoping that Mondials go the way of all other Ferrari models. In the last ten years or so, the air-cooled 911 market went crazy, and I think it has changed the 911 ownership experience, and not for the better. You hardly see any on the road anymore, as the become part of rich people's collections. I personally like owning the "affordable" Ferrari, with other owners like me.

Eddie.h, Norseman and paulchua like this.
  3. Matthew 6:19

Matthew 6:19 Karting

Dec 19, 2018
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    I agree that its great to enjoy owning an "affordable" Ferrari with like owners.

I just hope the prices go up because if I ever sell, I'm about $10k under-water with what I have in the car as of now. And that's only going to increase the longer I keep and drive this beauty!

paulchua likes this.
  4. Arzy

Arzy Rookie

Sep 4, 2014
    Estonia
    Hope they stay relatively same for some time, have to get me my Mondial T first.

Norseman and paulchua like this.
  5. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    #5 JLF, Jun 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    You are absolutely correct. I used to be a 911 fanatic I’ve had a few and the 964 turbo was my all time favorite. After watching what happened with that market I started to resent them now I just laugh. I looked at 4 of them to purchase and they were all beat up, ragged out garbage yet the owners were asking (at the time) around 60 grand and the cars would have needed another $25 to sort.
    Now I have no love for them anymore. Especially with the direction that company has gone in.
    If people want to spend ridiculous amounts on those antiquated things with less than 250 horses…… have at it. You get WAY more in the pre-owned Ferrari world for the same price.
    Also your correct about never seeing them, I don’t think I’ve seen a 964 turbo on the road in the last 15 years at least.

Norseman and paulchua like this.
  6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #6 paulchua, Jun 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    Be careful what you wish for! One of the most endearing things about the Mondial was the affordability, especially parts. It was like being part of a secret club. All the fake articles in a strange way was a good thing, worst Ferrari, fake Ferrari, slowest Ferrari, etc. all the urban myths allowed me the glory of a Ferrari at Fiat price.

I think once hard core auto journalists like Chris Harris and (not amateur article syndicators) declared their love for if, the cat got out of the bag, it didn’t help that a 6 time Ferrari championship driver said it was one of his favorite Ferrari (Pogson.). Then when the FIA president said it was his favorite Ferrari, combined with the original Marshall for Ferrari challenge, armchair naysayers started looking silly. You see it more and more on on comment threads. A sure way to look like a poseur is to bash a Mondial, you get checked pretty quickly. See BAT auction forums to see what I mean.

If Doug DeMuro gives his holy blessings, it’s over.

Frank-V, gsfent, Matthew 6:19 and 6 others like this.
  7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #7 paulchua, Jun 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
    You are a man after my own heart. I hope this remains the slowest, most unreliable, ugliest, worst-handling Ferrari of all time. Not being sarcastic. If these go the way of Dino, damn - then I actually have to start caring when I park the thing.

Rational or not, value can often be determined purely on rarity.

Look no further than Pokemon, BTC, or NFT silliness.

< 1,000 Mondial T cabs
    < 800 Mondial T Coupes

Literally, an order of magnitude outside special editions released today. They *ARE* special editions run rates if you base them on today's run quantity.

These things are very few and far between, and you don't need to have a crypto wallet to enjoy them.

AndreaZanolli, Il Steeg and Norseman like this.
  8. decampos

decampos Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 11, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I actually think the Mondial has grown into its looks and has turned a corner. At the Huntington Beach Concours d’Elegance last weekend, mine was the only Mondial there (in a sea of red Ferraris) and there indeed was a remarkable number of people commenting on it positively, apparently sincerely. It was one of the judges in fact who was the most effusive, and he assured me that more people are beginning to notice them and find them desirable.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    To put your point, maybe best a picture where people ar'nt with their back towards your car...:D

10. decampos

decampos Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 11, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ben
    haha, those are jealous 308 owners.

paulchua and Il Steeg like this.
  11. DocBasilone

DocBasilone Karting

Apr 15, 2020