Taken Off Market - 1997 Ferrari 550 Maranello with recent major service | FerrariChat

Taken Off Market 1997 Ferrari 550 Maranello with recent major service

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Euro550, Jun 10, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Euro550

Euro550 Rookie

Jun 10, 2022
    Hi all, I have available my euro 1997 550 Maranello, in Grigio Titanio Metallic over Nocciola (Hazelnut) leather. You may have seen it listed on BAT, where it did not meet my reserve. Many more photos and information can be found there. The car has a clean title and has never been in an accident. I am told the interior is a 1 of 1, with no other 550 examples sharing it, pretty cool! I had a major service done in February of this year and continue to drive it occasionally on the weekend to car meets in the Los Angeles area. If you're interested please understand my price posted here is firm and I am available to have the car inspected by any dealer or mechanic in town. It has been sorted mechanically and there are zero issues. All stock with the exception of a radio (never use it anyway). Mileage is around 50k. Thanks for looking! Price is $150k.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 458Piloti

458Piloti Karting

Dec 4, 2019
    Newport Beach, CA
    Bat is usually top dollar, a U.S car with $40,000 worth of recent service done at Boblieff just sold for $132,000 , hopefully you get what your asking here for this Euro car, the color combo is very nice

3. Cicio

Cicio Karting

Apr 14, 2021
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Nathan Cicio
    This thing is gorgeous! Good luck with the sale sir.

Euro550 likes this.
  4. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    Love the color combination.

5. WillskiGT

WillskiGT Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 12, 2017
    #5 WillskiGT, Jun 11, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
    Don't necessarily agree on the BaT comment. Depends on who is in the room.

I sold my 360 privately 4 months ago for slightly more than BaT comps at the time (remember when you lowballed me and told me it was worth $100-110k? haha)

Prices on 550s are all over the place, it would seem.

6. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Prices on 550s are indeed all over the place. It's pretty wild.

rampante550 and Ferrari55whoa like this.
  7. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    relist on BAT

8. Euro550

Euro550 Rookie

Jun 10, 2022
    Agreed re:BAT. I have sold cars for more than the bids got to on more than one occasion. Sometimes well over, tens of thousands. At the end of the day the seller and buyer determine the selling price. Buyers know what the market is for the car they are looking at, and if they really want it they'll pay the sellers asking within reason. If not seller keeps it until the market moves up and with inflation blue chip Ferrari's look like a good play right now.

9. Otiosum

Otiosum Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2022
    Marana, AZ
    Full Name:
    Eric Wentzel
    Offer prices on Euro cars in Europe are dramatically lower than US cars with similar mileage cars offered at US dealers. This makes it hard to calibrate appropriate pricing.

This particular car was recently on BAT and then on Ebay. Mystery to me why it would not have sold on either of those platforms. Beyond the most recent service, is there much known about its service history?

LVP488 likes this.
  10. Euro550

Euro550 Rookie

Jun 10, 2022
    as mentioned above it did not meet my reserve on BAT. eBay also did not result in a buyer at the fixed price I had it listed for (higher than here).
    There are considerable records available from Japan, it was owned by a friends old boss and I have some of the service he did on the car. Current condition is excellent and much better than the US examples that had $40k of “work” done to them of late. I don’t know about Europe but from what I’ve seen sell here in the US I feel that my car is underpriced.

11. Euro550

Euro550 Rookie

Jun 10, 2022
    And after watching plain Jane 247hp 964 c2’s and c4’s sell for close to my ask I am positive that these cars are undervalued

12. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
    Absolutely perfect. Good luck.

Euro550 likes this.
  13. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    GLWS...

Euro550 likes this.
  14. Otiosum

Otiosum Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2022
    Marana, AZ
    Full Name:
    Eric Wentzel
    Just to be clear, I just don't see get why it wouldn't have sold. Looks great to me!! Also agree, that lesser cars are selling and at surprisingly elevated prices.

Euro550 likes this.
  15. Euro550

Euro550 Rookie

Jun 10, 2022
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1993-porsche-911-carrera-4-coupe-2/

insanity or the 550 is severely undervalued. a 964 c4 is a $40k car in my opinion. The driving experience is simply not comparable to the 550. That is how much I sold my last one for a few years ago and it was a much better spec than this (dark green metallic with black leather) with around the same miles.

LVP488 likes this.
  16. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I think you’re high. Call it $35K :)

550M, hands down a “new” age Daytona and one of my favorite FCars to drive. Ever.

TJsBeer, Hawkeye and Euro550 like this.
  17. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Depending on your age, you’re nuts for selling. Within ten years, average Maranellos will be $250k all day long. In ten years, Ferrari will be hybrid or electric. The cars will be one tick away from being autonomous. You couldn’t crash one if you tried. If there is one sure bet in the Ferrari world is a 550 Maranello. You can’t go wrong.

I wish I had never sold mine.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

18. Euro550

Euro550 Rookie

Jun 10, 2022
    @Texas Forever You're absolutely right, just like every car I've sold I regret selling them all

Graz, jsa330 and Texas Forever like this.
  19. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    buy it then....i know of a nice Ducati too!

you need to get back on the game!!

to op glws!

Texas Forever and Euro550 like this.
  20. Euro550

Euro550 Rookie

Jun 10, 2022
    #20 Euro550, Jun 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
    https://www.broadarrowauctions.com/vehicles/024/1995-ferrari-f355-berlinetta

Here's a v8 thats quite nice but likely driver miles given that they didn't state mileage and the wear on this drivers bolster looks pretty bad, at an estimate exceeding the v12 on offer by a considerable amount. Now I welcome a bunch of constructive commentary rationalizing why a lower MSRP'd v8 Ferrari of the same era should have a higher current value than the flagship v12, please educate me guys!

Attached Files:

21. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I was surprised your Rosso Barchetta 550 didn’t go higher as that color seems very desirable.

I hope you get the right amount for this Grigio 550 - no question the interior looks amazing.

550’s really have been all over….I was shocked at how low Nifty’s and Tareks went.

One would hope over time the prices have to continue upwards….especially based on what other cars trade at which aren’t even kind of as special as a 550.

GLWTS. - glad you listed on here.

22. JoeCab

JoeCab Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Joe C
    A F355 Berlinetta (manual or not) in any blue is a rare thing; they just didn't make many in that color and there are quite a few people looking. So I think the rare spec. is pushing the estimate on that particular example.

I'm not arguing it should be worth more or less than a 550 just pointing that out.

23. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Lol

24. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    This is a stunner in any color but I especially like this one!

25. GatedF355GTB

GatedF355GTB Karting

Dec 5, 2017
    You asked….

The F355 is much prettier, lighter, handles better, sounds better, mid engined, more agile, etc. it’s a proper sports car unlike the 550 which is a GT.

I like the 550 mostly because of the v12, but it’s not as desirable. That’s my opinion, but the market seems to agree. That’s said, I wouldn’t bother comparing your car to different cars from a value perspective. Its pointless. The market is what is no matter what any of us thinks about it.

Ferrari55whoa, AHudson and Peter911 like this.