SCUD pricing guide | Page 116 | FerrariChat

SCUD pricing guide

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Aug 18, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

Holy cow. I just saw these last couple posts and checked...definitely no inventory out there (not even on ebay). Maybe my 66k mile example is worth more than the $123,000 (after BAT fees) I paid LOL!

AandSC, bart12 and f355spider like this.
  2. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    Scott,
    I'll give you 125k :p

3. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

As they say, "everything's for sale at the right price," but man, I'm not sure what would give me the same thrill for that kind of money! Oh well, guess its staying! Feel very fortunate to have one of these suckers, even if it is not the museum piece-type specimen. I like that I can actually drive it and not fret over miles, values, or rock chips...kind of unique for this type of car! For me, its the right car...my lambo was low mileage and pristine and it just sat.

Doug., AandSC, ifeelfree0 and 4 others like this.
  4. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM

Like I said before, she went to the right owner. Great work on getting everything sorted out.

5. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    If you bought it as an investment only, dont drive it.
    If you bought it to enjoy and also make a little money, just maintain it, it will appreciate on its own.

6. IcedAmericano

IcedAmericano Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2013
    SoCal.
    Somewhat related:

At the 32:27 minute mark of the "Ben Collins (The Stig), Justin Bell, & Randy Pobst - TST Podcast #734" YouTube video released today, Ben Collins brings up the Scud being undervalued with Matt Farah. Not a lot of meaty discussion, but interesting comment source and great to hear. Enjoy.

7. TestaRoss

TestaRoss Rookie

Oct 18, 2014
    DFW
    Nothing under $299k on Autotrader. Even '08's with some miles.

8. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    '08 Black/no stripe/4,500 miles - $449k @ Ferrari of Vancouver (assuming price is in CAD, that would be $349k)

https://www.justred.com/buy/430-scuderia/zffkw64a980162705

'09 Rosso/Stripe/11,000 miles - $329k @ Ferrari of Beverly Hills

https://www.justred.com/buy/430-scuderia/zffkw64a290164751

'09 Rossa/Stripe/12,000 miles - $329k @ Ferrari of Silicon Valley

https://www.justred.com/buy/430-scuderia/zffkw64a590164730

'08 Black/Stripe/15,000 miles - $314k @ Ferrari of Silicon Valley

https://www.justred.com/buy/430-scuderia/zffkw64a480162093

9. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    We are in the right direction.
    I say hold on for 2 more years, we will be talking $450-500k.

Ingpr, dhalperin13 and TestaRoss like this.
  10. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Honest question, what makes you believe this trend will continue at the same rate and not fall back to say, $200k-$250k?

plastique999 likes this.
  11. MikeMonty

MikeMonty Karting

May 28, 2004
    Nashville TN
    Full Name:
    Mike

Exactly! I grew up loving 90s JDM cars. Bought a clean MP2 R34 GTR in 2016 before prices went nuts and kept it in storage for 4 years until I could import it under show or display. Eventually traded it for my Scud. Prices have gone even more crazy lately. Love R34 GTRs but love my Scud more! :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

LightGuy, lewishou and f355spider like this.
  12. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    They dont make any more scuderia, the current owners still love their cars and new people are wanting it, will make the price higher.
    Since 2012, ive been monitoring the scud market. This is my second. Owned a Speciale. The more you get away from the CS, the less pure it is.
    IMO, the scud was the last of the Real Special for the masses(ferrari Officianado).
    It is undervalued still, so if you plan on getting one, get it soon. After it reaches $400, it will be kept in a dark collection of cars never to be driven.

13. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Valid points.

That is why part of me wishes that most Ferrari road cars stay at "normal" levels, so many buy them as investments but they are the most joyous cars to drive on earth. Especially the stripped-out models. The rarity will always be there though, and those cars will always appreciate at a higher rate no doubt. Would love to have a Scud one day, but my dream was always a CS.

14. norphaedrus

norphaedrus Rookie

Sep 26, 2011
    Atlanta
    What made you sell the first Scud or do you still have both?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

15. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    I sold it when it first peaked. Bought the Speciale. Missed the scud.
    The market was down the second time so its like I got a lower miles one and cheaper, but this time it was Red with alcantara seats. Got lucky and earned money too.

This time it wont go anywhere.

16. MikeMonty

MikeMonty Karting

May 28, 2004
    Nashville TN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Enough with the insulting lowball offer of $125K. Scott, I am willing to give you $126K. :)

Flea7 likes this.
  17. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Interesting, I went the other way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I few things I noticed:
    1) No CF steering wheel with LED shift lights...didn't know it could be ordered this way in North America...seen a couple in Europe though.
    2) Not super unusual for a Ferrari, but 8 owners and 3100 miles...wouldn't matter much to me, but collectors might pause.
    3) Tires are dated 2008 and 2009, not that anyone buying this car is going to do anything but profile down the street in it, or look at it in their garage. But if you are after originality, better save them, as K1 (Ferrari oem spec) Pirelli P Zero Corsas are no longer being manufactured for the Scuderia by Pirelli.
    4) No detailed service history offerred. I would be concerned with seeing the coolant and brake fluid changed every two years (or three years maximum) . The other fluids can probably be deferred without consequence.

19. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

$310k with fees. I was actually expecting a little higher, but I think the lack of led wheel and an "atypical" interior color may have kept some bidders at bay. All in all a really good buy it seems to me for a pretty special, appreciating car! Will be super interesting to see what these things bring in ten years or so. They sure aren't making any more like this!

tonyswfla and f355spider like this.
  20. Clabby93

Clabby93 Rookie

Jun 13, 2019
    Full Name:
    Clabby
  21. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Atypical ?
    Also the pictures show a led steering wheel

What did I miss in both ?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

22. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

My comment was in reference to the Giallo Scud that sold earlier, not the 16m. The Giallo scud had no led wheel and featured a cream interior. Cool, but different.

23. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Personally my view is the scud is more desirable and really has been since day one

DeTomasoGTS74 likes this.