Ferrari 355 Fuel Line connectors | FerrariChat

Ferrari 355 Fuel Line connectors

Discussion in '348/355' started by sketos355, Apr 13, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sketos355

sketos355 Rookie

Feb 21, 2021
    Melbourne Australia
    Full Name:
    steve
    Hi..

Im looking to fabricate up some ethanol resistant fuel lines for my F355, and wondering if anyone is able to assist me with sourcing these connectors.

One way is to 'canabalize' the OEM parts for their fittings, but i realy dont want to go down that route. Besides its hard to get out the blue fittings without damaging them

There are two connectors in the system

Blue Aluminium Anodised 'o ring' Fuel distribution Block Fittings: (staright and right angled) and the gold 130 degree and 90 degree M14 x 1.5 ?!? 6AN?? fittings.

Can anyone please tell me the correct name for both these fittings, and whether there is any supplier that makes them?

Also apart from the 550 maranello and 348 was their any other italian vehicle that used these connectors?

thanks

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 26street

26street Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2021
    Westchester New York
    Full Name:
    Mark k
    Try PARKER they have a lot of fittings and they are the manufacture for most companies that sale high performance fuel lines

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. sketos355

sketos355 Rookie

Feb 21, 2021
    Melbourne Australia
    Full Name:
    steve
    Not the easiest of tasks in sourcing these OEM fittings..so im thinking of switching to 6AN fuel fittings..

Does anyone know if the M14 x 1.5 Male fitting on the end of the fuel rail, and the M14 x 1.5 Male/Female connector on the end of the fuel pressure regulator are removeable.?

Or is the only way to convert these to AN fittings is to put another adapter on top of them?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Mark HT

Mark HT Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2022
    Full Name:
    Mark HT
    I think they are known as JIC inverted flare.

Cut them off and braze or tig weld a -6 fitting on. Then you could use braided teflon hose.

Edit: I'd be tempted to get rid of the factory dual regs and that distribution block.

For the fuel supply just use a T fitting, and for the return use a single dual inlet pressure regulator.
    That would ensure even pressure between banks and give you adjustability.

5. sketos355

sketos355 Rookie

Feb 21, 2021
    Melbourne Australia
    Full Name:
    steve
  6. Zamboniman308

Zamboniman308 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2020
    Chicago IL
    Whatever came of this effort? Were you successful making all new lines?

7. Zamboniman308

Zamboniman308 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2020
    Chicago IL
    In this case how would you handle the vacuum line connection? T the 2 sides together into the single regulator?