For Sale - Black Lexus LFA | FerrariChat

For Sale Black Lexus LFA

Discussion in 'Cars' started by Merit Partners, Jun 3, 2022.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Merit Partners

Dec 25, 2016
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Merit Partners
    Merit Partners is pleased to present this 2012 Lexus LFA in Black over Black Leather interior. The front bumper, hood and fenders are protected with paint protection film (PPF) which has kept the exterior in excellent condition. The interior of this LFA is in wonderful condition as well with no scratches on the leather or trim surfaces. The 4.8L naturally aspirated V10, which was codeveloped with Yamaha produces 553 horsepower and 354 pound-feet and weighs in at only 3,263 pounds. Matted to a 6-speed automated transmission the LFA will launch from 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. The power is put to the ground through its bespoke forged BBS wheels and has plenty of braking power thanks to the carbon ceramic Brembo brakes. The iconic, three exhaust pipe design provides an unforgettable sound all the way to 9,000 RPM. The car comes with two keys and clean CARFAX.

Mileage - 4,060
    Ask - $829,990
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    amazing how much things have changed. my friend who ran a lexus store begged me to take one of these off his hands for substantial discount sticker. actually, porsche dealer did same thing with 918 spyder. i would be retired now had i taken both of those deals.
    lfa has best engine sound of all time. glws

3. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Same here. I guess I didn’t get it, and still don’t.

Wikdstrate and Merit Partners like this.
  4. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    If only we had a crystal ball back then!

NbyNW, Merit Partners, SGM and 2 others like this.
  5. Merit Partners

Dec 25, 2016
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Merit Partners
    Agreed. One of the best sound cars of all time. It's funny how there are many cars out there that have done what the LFA has done. Dealers couldn't move Ford GT's, CGT's, 918's, etc. Now look at them.

Jdubbya and carguyjohn350 like this.
  6. Merit Partners

Dec 25, 2016
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Merit Partners
    True. We may be sitting here 5 years from now wishing we bought some of these cars in 2022 haha.

7. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    It does seem to happen over and over. Lovely LFA.

Merit Partners and technom3 like this.
  8. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    Is this car coming out of a Huntsville, AL collection?

9. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    annoying isn't it! at the time I just presumed new cars would get better and better and didn't realise they'd lose their souls in the process!

I was offered a zonda at £350k and a cgt for a stupidly low price because no one really cared about them back then

10. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Back around 2010 or 11 I was part of the ERTC C&C crowd (look it up). We would host Memorial Weekend Staycations at the St Michelle Winery in Woodinville. One of our founders was a consultant to Lambo at the time and had connections with other makes. He secured the Bugatti Veyron driven by Butch Leitzinger and the LFA (in yellow) driven by Toyota's Baha truck driver (sorry I forgot the name). These cars were available for test drive by potential buyers. There is no way I could afford it but due to my relationship with the ERTC founders, I was given the opportunity for a ride in the LFA. He took me on the backroads out from Snoqualmie Falls on the side of a mountain. We got airborne at one point. It was awesome. Then he asked if I wanted to drive it. Hell yeah! And I did but not as well as he did. I pushed as hard as my limits and brain would let me in a car I did not own. It is the greatest drive I have ever had to this day. And that includes taking my wife on a hell lap around Texas World Speedway in my ZR1. I compared notes back at the lodge and everyone I talked to include Lambo/Ferrari drivers all said the LFA was better than theirs. I believe it. Plus as a Lexas you could easily do 100k mi with only oil changes.

11. FerrariFinally

FerrariFinally Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I third or fourth here that the LFA is one of the best sounding cars out there, maybe only second to a 599xx evo.

Merit Partners likes this.
  12. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    man o man, surely even if you had problems, driving this thing home would make you forgot all of them???

13. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Sometime cars are too perfect. It's the raw edges that make for a more visceral experience for us lesser mortals.
    Riding with an experience driver was awesome I'm sure; something not many of us have the chance to do.
    I do think Toyota's design team is fairly restrained as a mass market manufacturer. This car should be more exceptional visually in my estimation but I'm glad they did not give it the Darth Vader "spindle" grill treatment. Looking back on another great car from Toyota, the 2000GT was more "Daytona" or "E Type". Not sure if the LFA will age as well.

Merit Partners and Dohangs like this.
  14. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    I'm surprised the LFA is skyrocketed considering they come from a brand (Lexus) which has no racing history. That was one of many reasons the cars were languishing in dealerships. If I had the money, there are many other cars in the range I would get. Then again my opinion only matters to me :)

Llenroc likes this.
  15. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    There actually is a racing history. Ever hear of Toyota Racing Development? https://mag.toyota.co.uk/history-of-toyota-racing-development/

Boomhauer likes this.
  16. Sterling Sackey

Sterling Sackey Formula 3
    Sponsor

Lexus is Toyota, and Toyota has won the 24 Hour of Le Mans outright for the past 5 years, not to mention their history of racing in sports cars, rallying, Formula 1, etc. over the past probably 60+ years.

If you want to narrow it down to Lexus specifically, they have been competing in IMSA sports car racing for years now.

17. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    They are probably one of the best sounding cars ever produced. Not sure the back end is aging all that well but still a very cool car.

18. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014