The end of Ferrari, as we know it | FerrariChat

The end of Ferrari, as we know it

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by johnk..., Jun 16, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Don't know if thus has been posted before. Just heard that Ferrari's target for new cars is 40% fully electric and 40% hybrid with first fully electric by 2025.

2. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    I was at Ferrari South Bay yesterday looking at the hardware, and yes , the salesman said that the F8 is the last non hybrid Ferrari , other than the SP3 Daytona ( i think I got that right ). Im cool with it, I dont really care, I love the 488 and the F8. Ferrari can do whatever the **** they want to, Im just grateful that I own a piece of their history that will never be repeated. As long as Im alive, there will always be many used non hybrid Ferraris to choose from. As far as electric Ferraris go, they can shove them up their asses and the asses of the jerkoffs that will buy them as well, who the **** cares at this point in any case.

Thank you

3. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    ^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^

4. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The end of Ferrari, as we know it

Never mind Ferrari, it's the end of ICE cars as we know it. :(

5. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    And just like the N/A and gated cars today that bring 3x their MSRP the ICE Ferraris will bring 3x their MSRP while people are buying "chargers" with pretty Cavallinos on them :cool:

6. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yeah like the Hemi died ....

7. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Fwiw read my other posts- this is all ********- in 1970 it was "the end of the high performance car" now a Kia Stinger is "faster" than a 1970 Cuda but what's worth more- Same thing ICE will always be around- might be expensive but will always be around-

8. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Can't wait for the autonomous Ferraris that will likely follow. Should be really fun on track days. :D A whole new level of driver aids.

9. Philipnz

Philipnz Karting

Apr 12, 2015
    Whitianga New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Philip Hart
    an exciting sound if firing up the vacuum cleaner turns you on I guess......

10. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
  11. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    "Ferrari, which currently only offers basic adaptive cruise control, has said it will limit the autonomous tech on its cars effectively to where many other brand’s systems already are today (but above where its own cars currently are), which means the driver must always be involved in the act of driving or at least paying attention."

Way to set the bar high.

Glad I grew up with the cars that I did, when I did.

12. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I just reported your post .... you're not allowed to be that funny :D

13. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    *sigh*
    All the old guys in the room are always the ones who are moaning and complaining about the end of the world.
    "The end of the carburetor is the end of the high performance car"- sure, compared to a mini van that 70's junk is slow
    "A Ferrari without a V12 is not a Ferrari" - sure. And a dino isn't a Ferrari and is worthless.
    "An electric car can't be fun!" - BS. Did that Tesla just SPANK that Ferrari?

Ferrari needs to make money to stay in business. Sure there is an element of exclusivity with the business model. But even that has it's limitations compared to how much money you need to build a competitive car today. The new vette took alot of $$$ to develop. A business is in business to make money selling new cars, they don't make a dime selling anything to luddites on the used market.

I personally can't wait to see how an electric car that is fun to drive takes to the road. The tesla I drove had alot of pep but the driving dynamics were meh BMW ish. I can't wait to drive a taycan and then a 911.. and then an all electric Ferrari. I have no doubt that to compensate for sound differences, handling and road feel will be brought out. I'd LOVE a LaFerrari personally as a hybrid. I can't wait to see what they do.

Elsi, jnunberg, Ro55ss and 11 others like this.
  14. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i cant wait to keep owning and driving my 'ancient' no-tech ice machines...... :)

15. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    EV isn't the point, Ferrari can do whatever they like, but, the way EV is being FORCED upon everyone via government regulations, that is the issue and is an exceptional situation, undesired for many....

16. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    #16 ginoBBi512, Jun 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2022

One can also take ones teslas and shove them up ones asses, they are ugly pieces of ****, and it does not matter how fast they are , they might as well put 4 1000 HP motors on each leg, who the hell cares, they are not sports cars, good grief . You want to see fast, take a ride on a Turbo 400 HP Hyabusa, that will pucker your ******* up the way it needs to be !! lol Thats right, its stupid to compare that to any Ferrari, same as when one brings up that ******** with these teslas For Gods sakes, do these people ever give up ? tesla the laptop with four electric motors, oh yeh !! its faster than a Ferrari , ok.Ill pull up with my 33 year old Ferrari, and park it next to " the played out 1000 hp crapster " and take a guess what the people will be looking at and complimenting.Good grief .

Thank you

17. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    When I look at my daughter.. I wonder what world she is going to inherit. If my driving an electric car makes it a fraction better for her or my grand kids.. I'm game. Burning fossilized dinosaurs is an obsolete technology. It really does release alot of CO2. We will be able to do it, but it's going to cost more $$$.

18. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I admire your passion. But please ride safely on the road it's not cool to injure other people in an accident on a bike. Bottom line is electric has instant torque. Once the handling is squared away, the fun factor will equal a gas car. Just wait...

Elsi, F2003-GA, Bullfighter and 2 others like this.
  19. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    For me i need the whole package, how it feels and smells and sounds, sadly if ICE goes to me a car will just be used for transportation for me from that point onwards.....

20. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I thought C02 was good for trees.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

21. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    and what if i told you that C02 is not dangerous or the cause of anything negative?

22. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    And BB guns. :) It's what the data shows..

paulchua and Texas Forever like this.
  23. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I'd say show me the data. :) And as I recall aren't you involved in trading a product that's... :)

24. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    sure, but you cant show me the data that it does the harm claimed either.....
    ;) enjoy the scam

mwr4440, jjmalez and INTMD8 like this.
  25. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Electric tech is nearly all the same, why will someone pay 5X the price for electric transportation...red paint and a fender shield? I don't see it.

john a barnes, arp, mwr4440 and 8 others like this.