Back Home Again in Indiana! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Back Home Again in Indiana!

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by brent Lachelt, Sep 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Daryl Zernick

Daryl Zernick Karting

Jul 7, 2020
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Daryl A. Zernick
    So, I have signed up for the Sunday cars and coffee in Indianapolis which ends at the Indianapolis motor speedway. Apparently they're doing some sort of media b-roll filming for their new website. Check it out on their Facebook page and let me know if anybody will be going!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Dang, just saw this! How was it?
    Ironically, I was in SB and Elkhart today. Did and event with ND and then a sales call with a prospective client. :)
    Drove the DB and the 599 today. :)
    Jim

3. Daryl Zernick

Daryl Zernick Karting

Jul 7, 2020
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Daryl A. Zernick
    It's happening tomorrow actually. They've already reached their 100 car limit unfortunately though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Well shoot! Bummer that I missed it. Any pics?

Jim

5. Daryl Zernick

Daryl Zernick Karting

Jul 7, 2020
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Daryl A. Zernick
    Well, the Notre Dame game went to two overtimes and the party I was at subsequently went into overtime as well... thus, I didn't make it :-(

6. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Bummer! I'll be in SB next Saturday getting tires on my Panamera. Will be heading to one of the many breweries in the area for lunch. LMK if you are around. Maybe we can connect.

Jim

7. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Hey Brent, welcome home. Almost your neighbor here. Outside of Mooresville, In. Spent 30 years in southern Indiana and have all the good driving roads memorized. Getting ready for some outings this summer after a little maintenance on the 77 308 GTB.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    That’s awesome! Really like being back in Indiana.

9. Daryl Zernick

Daryl Zernick Karting

Jul 7, 2020
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Daryl A. Zernick
    HOOSIERS! I am in South Bend. I need to find some options on service providers for my F430. Does anyone have a trusted mechanic/shop they take their Ferrari's to? Willing to drive wherever.

10. Snaponjackson

Snaponjackson Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 19, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA USA
    Full Name:
    Chris Jackson
    I am down here in Indianapolis but I always send mine to Ferrari Lake Forest in Chicago. The service is awesome! ( And they will pick it up)

Sent from my SM-G781U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. Snaponjackson

Silver Subscribed

Sep 19, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA USA
    Full Name:
    Chris Jackson
  12. Daryl Zernick

Daryl Zernick Karting

Jul 7, 2020
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Daryl A. Zernick
    #37 Daryl Zernick, Mar 11, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
    Thanks Snaponjackson... I guess that answers that question... no trusted mechanics in Indy. Now curious if anyone may have had any experience with Continental Auto Sports in Hinsdale IL (https://www.continentalautosports.com ). Ferrari Lake Forest quoted me $850 more than Continental to do a complete fluid service, engine oil and filter, gearbox fluid, flush and refill cooling system, flush and bleed brake hydraulic system and complete safety inspection. Continental quote $1,750 and Lake Forest $2,600.

13. Snaponjackson

Silver Subscribed

Sep 19, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA USA
    Full Name:
    Chris Jackson
    I think continental Ferrari is also a good choice but I have not personally had any work done there.

Sent from my SM-G781U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Well that is not true, still open here until September, but the service offered by the dealerships is just fine. Most offer a discount through the winter months too.
    Finishing up a Khamsin and Lotus 7 refresh after years stored. Set my retirement for Sept this year, think I have everything presold.

15. Daryl Zernick

Daryl Zernick Karting

Jul 7, 2020
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Daryl A. Zernick
    Brian!! Yes, I sent you an email asking if you could recommend someone being that it appeared that you were closed. Would you be able to do this work in the coming weeks and what would you estimate the cost to be?

16. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Bump for drive time. Sat June 18. Perfect weather. Indy to south central Indiana for lunch. Let me know if you want to get out and I’ll send you details for tomorrow.

17. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    DAMN. Wish I could. It’s going to be a PERFECT day! Also, I sold the 599 a couple weeks ago. :(. If i could make it, id’ be in the DB9

18. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    I’m bring my 348 to the hagerty car show at the Indianapolis motor speedway tomorrow. Get to go a couple parade laps too. Great weather expected

19. Daryl Zernick

Daryl Zernick Karting

Jul 7, 2020
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Daryl A. Zernick
    How was it? Any pics??

20. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    Here’s a few. Sorry I didn’t take many of the cars at the show mostly the vintage Indy cars that were running at the track. There had to of been close to 400 cars I believe. There was only two Ferraris that I was aware of that were there.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

SMS and Texas Forever like this.