2008 F430 Spyder Carbon Ceramic Brakes missing | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2008 F430 Spyder Carbon Ceramic Brakes missing

Discussion in '360/430' started by Palermoguy, Jun 6, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. A_Scuderia_F430

Oct 31, 2012
    SE + DE
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Who are "we"?

And you are wrong about the brakes, but I'm not going to continue arguing with you, as you have proven many times that you won't stop, even if your are wrong.
    I have better things to do.

Prediction: OP posts a picture of steel brakes and steel brake calipers, and you still won't belive it came from factory.

oao

2. Gillis Haasnoot

Gillis Haasnoot Karting

Feb 4, 2020
    Leiden, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Gillis Haasnoot
    Almost all F430 with the original CCM discs have issues with cracked discs caused by erosion of the metal pins.
    The clips and pins holding the CCM disc to the aluminium center bell is causing a nasty chemical reaction. Causing the pin holder to expand. Small cracks are the result. You can still use them. Probably just fine down the road. I made a drawing of the original CCM discs and sourced steel variants (not the giros). They are heavier, but way way cheaper.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Michael- Sounds like I have annoyed you in the past. Good.

4. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    100% agree that a tracked car is often times (almost always) better serviced than a street car...if not it won't last long on track!

That being said I spend most of my free weekends at the track and rarely ever see 430 spiders. Once in a while sure, but not common. Anything is possible though.

Maybe some of the earliest MY 08s just had the irons.

5. Mario Andretti

Mario Andretti Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Aug 9, 2020
    Boston
    Easy to check, look at the master brake cylinder...

HH11 likes this.
  6. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    well,... the master cylinder may look the same but the booster is different like I explained earlier.

7. johnfe

johnfe Karting

Dec 22, 2016
    SoCal Usa
    Full Name:
    John F Edwards
    Palermoguy:
    When I researched the F430's before buying one, I remember reading that the "Carbon Ceramic Brakes" only came as standard equipment for the "late model 2008's" The early model 2008's did NOT come with the Carbon Ceramic Brakes. It's your window sticker that's bewildering. If I were you I'd check your VIN number with Ferrari directly to determine if your vehicle is a early or late model 2008.
    I hope you find this helpful, I just surprised no one else that I read even mentioned this!
    Good luck,
    johnfe

8. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    As someone mentioned, It's the OP's 1st post. He's MIA. It must not be that important to him.

E60 M5 likes this.
  9. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Hasn't even been looking around since that first post....think you guys must have intimated him and he went over to the Mustang forum...