430 - What would you trade your 430 for? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

430 What would you trade your 430 for?

Discussion in '360/430' started by ross, Jun 6, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Value going forward i would look for a 458 spider, the last of the non turbos. Problem is prices for good low miles have gone crackers these last 2 years. They will be a better buy than a 488 etc

2. Enzo Sebastian

Enzo Sebastian Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 2, 2020
    Amsterdam
    Full Name:
    Laurence Sebastian
    It’s funny to see there’s quite little number of people mentioning the brand from Stuttgart. I wouldn’t either.

It’d definitely be something like an AMG GT/C63 Black Series or a DBS for me! I just think Porsches are not ‘special’ enough.

However; I like the F430 too much right now.

VAF84 likes this.
  3. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i was a porsche guy like my dad until i lived in rome and took part in the 50th anniversary festivities there in 1997....
    we have 3 porsches in the stable, but i dont want one for a replacement for the 430 - chalk and cheese.

but still, nobody even whispered 599gtb....very surprised by that

Enzo Sebastian likes this.
  4. Ffre92

Ffre92 Formula Junior

May 26, 2014
    NY
    From my point of view, if u have the choice between a 599 and similarly priced manual v12 (550 or aston), it would be the manual. Also, I never warmed up to the front end and curved rear glass of the 599. If u wanted a paddle v12 I would vote for putting more money in and getting an f12 instead for the dct and styling

5. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i bet you can get the 599gtb converted into a manual as well

6. Ffre92

Ffre92 Formula Junior

May 26, 2014
    NY
    you’re right. Forgot about that. I rarely go into the 599 forum, don’t know how many are getting done and the turnaround.

Reminded me of when FoLI reached out to me about a 4k mile oem gated 599 3 years ago, I believe they were asking 400-450k. I guess it would have been a smart buy, but 1. it was still a ton of money, and 2. I never daydreamed of owing a 599. For me it looks too big. I much prefer the Maranello classic styling, or more modern look of f12. Regardless I imagine a gated 599 would be quite the experience to drive!

7. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    #32 redcaruser, Jun 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    Look at the photo below, these are my two fun cars. But should I sell one, it will not be the Ferrari. And not because it's a Scuderia, in my eyes the F430 is just as good a car as the Scud, it's simply a great car based on a great platform. It's hard to replace an F430 with something of equal value for the same price. This car is able to produce so many driving emotions. The McLaren ist massiv more powerful, but in the Scud it generates the feeling to be faster, to be more embedded into racing (a colleague has a F430 which I was already allowed to drive, the same is true also for this model in my eyes). My son, he is now 25, always chooses the Ferrari when we go for a drive together. Therefor Ross, think at least twice to sell your F430. Yes, the McLaren is an exceptional car in its own right and has many unique features (brutal power delivery, very dynamic and nimble, with the 650S, I'm even faster than my friend in his 488GTB). But with the F430 seems to me Ferrari has made a big hit, I know a few people who didn't realize this until they no longer had their F430.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    and both the 430 and the 12c (basically the same as the 650s) were designed by Frank Stephenson.....

redcaruser likes this.
  9. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I would get out of the exotic market and look for a nice RR Autobiography or Bentley Spider.

10. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    f430 awesome car

11. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Indeed. Ping me if you'd like some feedback on an OEM converted 599 (aside from the clutch master, because that's a Chrysler part!).

12. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    #37 stan996turbo, Jun 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    I have basically the reverse of your cars, I have a 675LT Spyder and a 430 Spyder. The cars could not be any more different but I actually get the same amount of enjoyment from them. For me the 430 is the sweet spot for the mid engine Ferrari series, just like my 550 is the sweet spot for the front engine 12 cylinder cars. Both cars have more than enough power for the street and still posses real character that makes these cars special. BTW I love your Scud.

Attached Files:

VAF84 and redcaruser like this.
  13. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    now considering a 570s

14. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    996 GT2 & Lamborghini LP640 seem to also be well made cars.

I think the F430 looks better and has been really easy to work on.

15. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    If you do consider a 12c there is an aftermarket kit that makes over 900hp at the wheels for around $20k installed.

16. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
  17. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    #42 redcaruser, Jun 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
    You seem to be really serious! :)

I drove this one for a few months, the 570S is definitely a great car which i can recommend to you. Also extremely powerful and super nimble, a real full-blown McLaren. With some Ferrari friends I was on the track at the time, the 570S achieved the best times (vs. 458, F12 etc.).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

18. boba fett

boba fett Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2019
    Not a good looking car though, especially in that line up.

VAF84 likes this.
  19. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    But how does it make you feel even if its faster on the track

20. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    The looks are personal taste, in this regard is perfectly ok if someone does not like the car. But the performance capabilities are incorruptible. And there the 570S is very convincing, next to a very impressive powerdelivery it has a very competently tuned chassis with wonderfully responsive steering.

21. boba fett

boba fett Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2019
    Each to there own I guess, no matter how good and how fast, they leave me stone cold!

22. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The only consideration would be an Ultima Evolution.

23. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    New Lotus or a Superformance GT-40. Different animals from each other but, both would have to be a hoot to drive.

24. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    I keep thinking what would I replace my 430 (manual) with and I come up blank every time. Price point for my car (in my country) is about US$180k and I wouldn't spend more. I could swing a much newer Mac for that but the service costs terrify me and DCT terrifies and bores me. I know they are much faster. A friend in the trade knows someone with a Mac that got a $30k service bill and didn't even know anything was wrong. Driving my 430 at the redline is already too fast. I might drive a 911 turbo manual just to see but a friend had several (never got to go in them) and he now has a 430 F1 and says it's "next level". So I can't see the Porker doing it for me. Don't want anything as hardcore as a GT3 either. I'm pretty happy just now, 7 years in. Do most of the servicing myself and average annual spend is under 1k. What's not to like.

Remco Brouwer and Ffre92 like this.
  25. Mario Andretti

Mario Andretti Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Aug 9, 2020
    Boston
    Hi mate, I am Australian by they way :)

But if you are thinking that a GT3 or a 911 turbo manual is comparable to the F430, you are so wrong... They are so much faster!
    I am talking x seconds a lap faster... The mighty 488 does not stand a chance, let alone the F430...

Good to see a Fezza on the other side of the pond :)