430 - Well it finally happened on my 2009 F430. My headliner fell | FerrariChat

430 Well it finally happened on my 2009 F430. My headliner fell

Discussion in '360/430' started by CoreyNJ, Jun 19, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Driving with windows down I felt something hit me in the back of the head. It was the leather factory headliner. Looks like the foam started giving way and then with the wind it took the headliner and pulled it down. Leather still looks perfect with about 1cm of foam still on it. The hard backing also looks loose now so it’s not stuck to the metal anymore but the trim pieces are keeping it in place.

I’ll keep everyone posted on what it cost to have repaired.

Cheers,
    Corey

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I just DIY mine, wasnt to bad. looks perfect, no broken trim (Which was exactly why I did it my self)

3. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Just happened to my DB9 Coupe. $200 to put real suede on it.

4. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

So did I when I had my coupe. Easy job really. Just gotta clean properly and use the correct glue

5. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    I would attempt it myself if there were good videos on all the trim removal as I'm always afraid to break a hidden clip somewhere. I watched all the videos online I could find but none including NGS's old videos on the subject showed that part of the process. Cleaning the old foam and spraying glue is not something I'm afraid of.

This is why I'm looking for a place near me that has done it before on an F430 and I'm not just doing it myself or going to a generic upholstery shop.

6. PKIM

PKIM Karting

Jan 1, 2004
    Redlands
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Had mine done several months ago. East DIY. Just need to clean and reupholster and glue the headliner in place.

7. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    You know where to go .. Classic coach

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

8. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    This would be overkill for Classic Coach. If my car was a 288 GTO or something like that, they are the place to go, but for a normal Ferrari, their prices are just a little too much. I had them redo the handle on my tool kit. It was almost $400 with tax if I remember correctly. My father-in-law who is a shoe maker laughed when he saw the work and the cost. He said he would have charged one of his customers $30 to do the work. He obviously would have done it for free for me, but I didn't want to impose.

I did speak to my mechanic Fonzi, and he will be able to do it next week. He just did one recently so even has the correct foam already.

Cheers,
    Corey

Yellow Compass and flash32 like this.
  9. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Totally agree ..glad fonzi can do it

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk