355 - Fun F355 YouTube Video | FerrariChat

355 Fun F355 YouTube Video

Discussion in '348/355' started by Mike Morrissey, Jun 20, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mike Morrissey

Mike Morrissey Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2018
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike Morrissey
    JSinNOLA, ShineKen and Senshi458 like this.
  2. Senshi458

Senshi458 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2015
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Erik
    James started to follow my cars instagram for 2-3 months ago, I discuss this with Ken and thought he maybe will buy 355 GTS :D I think its very good for 355 marked that he bought, will get a lot more attention to this cars :cool:

ShineKen likes this.
  3. bcar1

bcar1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 2, 2017
    NYC/NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Car is a 2.7 not a 5.2 looks like, weird for a 96 but I feel like I’ve seen a few that way- also i thot the redline was 8500?

Qavion likes this.
  4. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    This guy is well known in the YouTube supercar scene. This will expose the 355 to a new audience.

ShineKen and Senshi458 like this.
  5. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I cringed when he said "restomod."

6. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Mr. JWWOW!

7. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    not his first 355 video.

Senshi458 likes this.
  8. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    If you're any kind of real car enthusiast, it doesn't take long for the 700-hp twin-turbo laptop computer supercars to get old. They're dumb on a conceptual level (what are you doing on the street with 700hp? and no, driving a car that does the Nurburgring in 6:45 does not make you a better driver). They're not beautiful to look at (some of them are truly ugly, like all the new McLarens). They don't actually sound that good. They're not engaging to drive. What is the point?

9. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    I wonder how many mistakes he makes with the other cars he reviews? The 5.2 was a "mild tweak"(sic) which produced less power.

How do you measure the weight of an engine lid which has gas struts?

Mike Morrissey likes this.
  10. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    Yeah it’s easy to nitpick these things as we know the car inside and out, as longer term owners it does get annoying to notice all the little things said that are incorrect. They state at the end it sounds great for a stock car but it’s not even a stock muffler.

Despite this it is always great to see more F355 content.

11. bcar1

bcar1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 2, 2017
    NYC/NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob
    yeah not nitpicking, more just a curiosity- how many other 96 registered cars have 2.7s?

If restomodding means swapping out for a capristo and changing the interior from crema to a diff stock color than Id think 50% of the active users on here are guilty of that!

Senshi458 likes this.
  12. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I've seen a few, all european - there were different regs in Europe so they kept building 2.7's into 96 (and somebody even posted a 97, which seems really odd), not sure if it was to use up parts or what.

As to the deck lid, you can tell by feel (struts or not) that it's extremely light, especially as compared to the frunk lid.

Restomod - depends on what they're doing.

The factory brakes are truly inadequate on modern rubber.

The driving position sucks, the wheel is just too far away, at least for me. I can't do the traditional shoulders against the seat and wrist on the wheel without my knees hitting stuff or my head stuck in the headliner. Just not possible to get a proper performance driving seating position. I'm not that tall, 6' (well, probably 5'11 now as I know a few discs have compressed some :), I'm not sure who they built it for but I'm Italian and it definitely doesn't fit me.

Factory exhaust is heavy and there are better sounding solutions. Factory headers/cats are a known bad combo.

We know there is a decent amount of power on the table even on a stock engine between cam timing and tuning changes to ignore emissions.

Factory shock towers are weak and were revised in, I think, '97, along with challenge upgrade parts to do the same.

All of those are, imo, not just acceptable but required mods if you actually want to drive the car properly to its full potential.

Other things worthwhile (imo) - CoP ignition, revised springs, slick shifted gate and a bunch of challenge parts like wheels, grill, motor mounts, brake cooling ducts and trans cooler...

That'd make a nice resto mod and all reversible except the shock tower mods, and on that you can either be proactive about it or do it after they get deformed on track, your call. I'm about halfway through those and have kept all of the stock parts, but I'm not sure why as most of them will never go back on the car. Next for me to tackle is the driving position.

If we're talking body kits, non structural CF, 21" rims and the like, yeah I'm not a big fan but it's his car so if that's what floats his boat, sure. Not sure why you'd pick a 355 that you call out as one of the most beautiful Ferraris and then butcher the looks, but some people like to add their own flare or the few things they think are missing. I could see replicating the GT/LM race cars, but my issue with a lot of that is you're guessing at the aero instead of using track/wind tunnel developed solutions that the race teams actually used, and could just be adding a bunch of drag and no real aero benefit if you just throw parts on in the name of looks.

mclaudio, DaisyCutter and Philipnz like this.
  13. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    5 cylinder heads. Ultra rare 355

IvanRico, DaisyCutter, bcar1 and 2 others like this.
  14. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter Karting

Jul 15, 2014
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Dayan
    I have a '96 car which is a 2.7 but also came with airbags. Maybe just a mongrel Euro-car phenomenon. Build date late '95.

15. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    There are US 2.7 cars with airbags.

DaisyCutter likes this.
  16. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    Mines Aus delivered, 96 model, 2.7 with air bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaisyCutter likes this.
  17. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    All US cars are airbag, I have a '94 build 2.7 with airbags. I'd argue the non-airbag cars are the mongrels :). But they also have one of the nicest Ferrari steering wheels ever made, so tough to call them that.

DaisyCutter likes this.
  18. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter Karting

Jul 15, 2014
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Dayan
    Probably should have been a bit clearer with my comment. I was referring to the '96 model year. It seems a common misconception, as Mr JWW stated - that an airbag car is a 5.2 car over here. I didn't know 2.7 airbag cars made it to Australia though. And yes...I have early steering wheel envy!

19. Lucian iasi

Lucian iasi Rookie

Dec 28, 2017
    Full Name:
    Lucian
    I made a video with my friends and my F355 where we just couldn't stop laughing every time we revved the engine. It's such a joy to share that kind of fun. For editing, I used Movavi Video Editor. It's really straightforward and packed with cool features that made our video look professional, like adding effects and cutting clips without leaving any watermarks. It was super quick to learn, even for someone like me who isn't a pro editor. If you're curious about all the different things you can do with Movavi, like using their awesome filters or getting creative with transitions, you can read more here: https://www.movavi.com/learning-portal/free-video-editing-software-no-watermark.html.