Buying (used) one this year | FerrariChat

Buying (used) one this year

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by sergrufo, Jun 18, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sergrufo

sergrufo Rookie

Jun 18, 2022
    Full Name:
    sergio
    Aloha. first post. made up my mind to buy something this year. red on tan, at least 5 years old. looks like i have to go to mainland (nothing on craigslist HNL for months). shopping ebay and dupont. two questions relevant right now:
    1) hardtop (like a 575M) or convertible (f430 or california (i know it has a reputation as a girls' car, but...))??

2) the f430 i see is a 2005 with 1,000 miles -- worried about turning a collectible into a regular (not daily) driver.

Mahalo,
    sergio

2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    There are 2 Calis on Facebook Marketplace.

3. sergrufo

sergrufo Rookie

Jun 18, 2022
    Full Name:
    sergio
    Thanks! I always forget about fb.

4. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 7, 2006
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gary Robinson
  5. sergrufo

sergrufo Rookie

Jun 18, 2022
    Full Name:
    sergio
    thanks. rented the california on turo last year and liked it. i have e93 which has held up well. looking to go see 3 in san diego next month.
    thanks agian. sergio

6. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 7, 2006
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gary Robinson
    Gary has a few cars in the $135k to $62k range (he doesn't sell junk):
    https://www.bobileff.com/copy-2-of-cars-for-sale

7. sergrufo

sergrufo Rookie

Jun 18, 2022
    Full Name:
    sergio
    Thanks.
    is there a good garage to park/store to store a car in Honolulu?

8. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    I have really enjoyed having a convertible in Honolulu. I have had a couple and have not noticed any unusual deterioration of the leather.

I would not hesitate to ask the dealership to help find a car. That might not result in anything, but it can’t hurt. Buying a car on the west coast and shipping it here, as Gary suggests, is also a good option. I shipped my car over by air (described at some length in this forum), but sea generally works fine.

I hope you can find a car you love and enjoy driving it here. Join the Ferrari Club; it’s a good group. We will be glad to have you!

9. sergrufo

sergrufo Rookie

Jun 18, 2022
    Full Name:
    sergio
  10. sergrufo

sergrufo Rookie

Jun 18, 2022
    Full Name:
    sergio
    Anyone in HNL care to come take a look at my driveway/garage -- i fear it is too steep and especially the f430 will bottom out entering the garage, even with the top up... i am in the aina haina area and have lots of cold beer/etc. (it seems like a 20 degree slope on one side and my bmw only clears garage floor lip with the top up. -- going to grind the lip down this weekend).

thanks either way.

11. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    Sergio: I met the new sales manager at the dealership today. They may be able to help you find a car, and if necessary help with shipping and titling a mainland car that they find for you. His name is Richard and his number is 808-593-8888. You might give him a call to see if they can perhaps help.

12. sergrufo

sergrufo Rookie

Jun 18, 2022
    Full Name:
    sergio
  13. DoubleD33

DoubleD33 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2012
    Pasadena, CA / Oahu, HI
    Full Name:
    Dan D
    If you still want an opinion shoot me a PM. I have a steep drive at my house in LA that I pulled a 360 and a 458 in and out with no issues.