Burbank airport | FerrariChat

Burbank airport

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by JTT, Jun 20, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JTT

JTT Karting

Jun 16, 2020
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    J Taylor
    #1 JTT, Jun 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
    Hi. I will be in San Francisco and Burbank in September. Other then the obvious tourist attractions is there anything anyone suggests as a must see or a restaurant that I must go to? Can any one recommend a good car service from Burbank to the Reagan museum?
    Thank you in advance,
    Joe

2. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    You might want to add a list of YOUR personal interests and/or preferences along with potential (daily ?) time allowances for any extracurricular(?) activities.

3. JTT

JTT Karting

Jun 16, 2020
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    J Taylor
    Thank you for the response. I will hit most of the usual touristy spots that interest me that I have found online. I obviously have an interest in automobiles and am a foodie. Restaurant recommendations would be most appreciated.
    Joe

4. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    Not a lot of great restaurants in Burbank. The Smoke House is decent, an old school establishment with some history.

Mirek likes this.
  5. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    Chiba Japanese is near Burbank airport. I always stop there after I land. Popular with the locals and won't disappoint. Not upscale or fancy but has good food.

6. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Some of these might already be on your list, but for car related places or things to do in or near Burbank:

- “Autobooks-Aerobooks” (I hear they also host a C & C Sat. am).
    - “Bob’s Big Boy” cruise night every Friday eve. (one of the oldest continually running anywhere).
    - “LaCanada-Flintridge C & C” Sat. am (l’ve only been once, last year with less than hundred cars in attendance, but heard that before pandemic it was common to see 300-500) …
    … and …
    … if going there, you’re only a hop, skip & a jump away from Angeles Crest Hwy (one of the most iconic mountain driving routes in SoCal, i.e. scenic & twisty. Lot’s of motorcycles zipping around. Amazing fun in a cool, open sports car, in my case vintage one).
    - Oh, and then there’s that guy Jay’s place (right next to the airport) and few other cool private collections/garages in the area, but all require invitations.

Colorado Blvd in Pasadena might be a worthwhile drive for variety of good restaurants.

PenP likes this.
  7. Tegethoff

Tegethoff Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2014
    Los Feliz
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I second Autobook Aerobook, awesome place and good people

The La Cañada/Flintridge C&C was great precovid, its not 100% back but it is always a morning stop on my way up the hill to highway 2/Angeles Crest.

Speaking of Sat mornings, Handy market on Magnolia @ Buena Vista (just up the street from AABook) smokes meat in the parking lot, a big hunk of tri-tip is great when you stop for lunch on the side of a mountain overlooking LA.

BUR to the Reagan library isn't far, I'd just use Uber/Lyft

8. 350HPMondial

350HPMondial F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2002
    18 mi from the surf,, close to Pismo, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwardo
    Drive North to Santa Barbara.
    Beach town, smiles everywhere, Henrys Beach has The Boathouse Restaurant or, Luckys in Montecito

Extreme1 likes this.
  9. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I'll make a note of and try this ^^ next time I come up to "Bob's" (usually staying overnight somewhere nearby) and head up ACH eastbound back to home. How early do they have any ready ?

10. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    #10 darth550, Jun 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    Raffi's in Glendale for Persian. Castaway has a great view. Tam O' Shanter in Los Feliz. Granville is good. Miceli's for old school Italian with singing wait staff. Vitello's old-school Italian made famous by Robert Blake! :eek: Check out The Baked Potato for live music. They get big acts playing there and it holds like 50 people.

Do you want a limo or just UberX?

350HPMondial likes this.
  11. JTT

JTT Karting

Jun 16, 2020
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    J Taylor
    Thank you for the restaurant tips. I don’t need a limo. I really just want a reliable driver to take me to to Reagan museum and back. I’m not sure how many days I’ll spend there yet, so I may require a car service for other things.

350HPMondial likes this.
  12. Tegethoff

Tegethoff Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2014
    Los Feliz
    Full Name:
    Adam
    9am according to their website, but they start smoking at 730, so it's a bit earlier for sausage and chicken, a bit later for ribs and tritip

TTR likes this.
  13. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Thanks.
    While I’ll try to remember that if/when I’m in the area during accommodating hours, but for ACH drive it seems too late, as I prefer to get started shortly after day break.