0-200 kilometers per hour in 6.7 seconds !!! | FerrariChat

0-200 kilometers per hour in 6.7 seconds !!!

Discussion in '296' started by Tsachi458, Jun 14, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tsachi458

Tsachi458 Karting

Dec 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Tsachi man
    0-100 2.7 …..
    Very fast

IvanRico, ryalex and maximilien like this.
  2. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    Driving the 296 GTB on the 29th at Ferrari of Houston in real world. Cannot wait.

SECRET and ryalex like this.
  3. rxbg

rxbg Karting

Apr 11, 2010
    USA
    jesus. that's faster than 765LT. a plaid might still be faster, but would depend on how fresh it is.

ryalex likes this.
  4. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    We'll see how it performs once the GPS readers are attached. But I expect this car to be hilariously quick. It has 830 HP......

Thecadster, Slicknick, SECRET and 2 others like this.
  5. kbaillie

kbaillie Karting

Nov 4, 2009
    I can confirm that the Plaid feels faster, and by quite a margin. It's just savage in a straight line at every speed! The 296 doesn't feel nearly as immediate and brutal on acceleration. I expected that to be the case before driving the 296 and, even then, the magnitude of the difference caught me a little bit by surprise. Just goes to show how impressive it is what Tesla managed to create with the Plaid's powertrain.

That said, the 296 has PLENTY of power, plus all of the other things that put a smile on my face (quick reflexes, whistles, whooshes, pops and whhaaaaaaa-whaaaaaaaa-whaaaaa!). Still well worth the purchase, and I will consider myself one helluva lucky guy to have both in the garage! They're two incredible examples of the state of the art in automotive performance, achieving very different goals exceptionally well.

LMH and ryalex like this.
  6. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    I much prefer the Italian aural symphony that does not accompany a Tesla experience.

FIN612 and SECRET like this.
  7. mtxv14

mtxv14 Karting

Jun 30, 2017
    STL
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I have a Model 3 P and it feels about as fast as my 458 up til about 85 (458 wins up top) but it's soulless. It's no different than my coffeemaker. It's an appliance I turn on, do something with, and turn off. I suppose it's a mark against it, but I think for me it's the perfect daily driver. I just don't see myself moving into an RS5, M3, etc... at the price point.

I'm test driving the 296 this weekend, hoping to put down a deposit if it feels right.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  8. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Think Car & Driver had the big boy last year hit 6.1 secs 0-200km/h and 2.0 secs dead 0-60mph..certainly the fastest most addictive car I’ve driven.. tour de force

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  9. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Might as well put your name in now before the test drives so you don't end up at the back of the queue when people at the test drive in your area realize how awesome it is.

Caeruleus11 and kbaillie like this.
  10. kbaillie

kbaillie Karting

Nov 4, 2009
    Oh, I totally agree with you on that front! One of the many reasons that I am excited to own both! :)

11. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    296 test drive report:
    Was at Ferrari of Houston yesterday to test drive the 296 after placing my deposit last year. Love those guys--great folks to deal with. Two GTBs and one GTS with the Assetto Fiorano pack were there. Yellow GTB had racing seats. I drove the Rosso corsa GTB with comfort seats with Daytona stripes (which is what I ordered). Plenty of cabin room, with the seat fully back and I adjusted the steering wheel to suit me. The gauge cluster and controls was very favorable, although the turn signals were not intuitive and the manual cancellation took some getting used to. Drove the car for about 15 minutes, which is enough to form a decent first impression given the limited nature of the available roads which were only the service roads and freeway,. The openings in the traffic limited the ability to stretch the legs of the 296, and provided no chance to test its cornering ability. Performed no standing start; however, the straight line acceleration when rolling is epic. Akin to loosing the hounds from hell with the aural accompaniment of 1,000 banshees wailing. We blasted from 40 mph to 140 mph in seconds and tossed out the anchor as the traffic ahead closed. The gearbox is almost seamless, with no banging of shifts. The downshifts provide burbles, popping and other glorious sounds. I heard no turbo whistle or other indication of their presence, which some commentators have noted.The steering feels light and the wheel thickness in my hands was just right for me. My overall impression is that Ferrari has a definite winner with this little rocket.

P.S. Parked side by side, it is much lower in height than a 458, which surprised me.

TR007, piratepress and Olbe like this.
  12. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    296 is supposedly 46.73 inches while the 458 is 47.8 inches.