F8 - How many owners had the dealer replace the battery before taking delivery of your new Ferrari | FerrariChat

F8 How many owners had the dealer replace the battery before taking delivery of your new Ferrari

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by CChung, Jun 22, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CChung

CChung Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2003
    Southern California
    With all the topic of battery failures and using the battery tender, I was wondering how many people had the dealer replace the battery, as a preventative measure against future problems, before taking delivery of their new Ferrari. And if so, was it covered under warranty. Thanks for any replies.

2. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    I’ve had a few failures with my 812 battery, but not planning on having the dealer replace the F8 battery pre delivery. Car is supposed to be here in the next couple days, so now would be the time

3. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Dealer replaced the factory battery prior to delivery at my request. I paid for it. Some do it as a courtesy. Not considered a warranty issue but a precaution.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. Regular Guy 01

Regular Guy 01 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    #4 Regular Guy 01, Jun 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
    I have not had the opportunity to buy a new Ferrari as of yet but I have purchased a pre-owned "14 458 spider in 2019.
    My car was sold by Continental AutoSports in Hinsdale IL.
    I heard of issues with our batteries way back then and I called the dealership asking about my battery a year after the deal.
    They told me that they replaced mine when it was consigned and I had a fresh one when I purchased it.
    Nice to find out my dealer was looking after me when the deal was done and had my best interest at heart.

3 years and no problems as of yet.
    Life is good.

GG

Rexcat458 and Chizz like this.
  5. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    My dealer replaces the oem battery prior to delivery as a proactive measure .

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Rexcat458, Chizz and AD211 like this.
  6. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Free of charge?

7. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Yes . They do it for all the new cars before delivery. It’s less headaches for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    Mine gave me a new one too

Rexcat458, junc and Chizz like this.
  9. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I purchased my 458 last year from an exotics dealer and asked them to replace the battery. They did, no charge.

Rexcat458 likes this.
  10. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

Good for you, I was an out of state buyer in Illinois and the car I was looking at was in Austin, Tx at the Ferrari dealer there. This is mid last year, anyway, I repeatedly asked them to tel me how old my battery was, AND THEY NEVER DID. Now I have the car here in Illinois and I will be taking it in for its 7th service call, (the first one I have had) and I will ask them again, Whats my battery date? And if I get nothing, then I'll look but I have not had any problems at all so all is well. Fear is the other guy's problem!

11. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Continental are good people. They put in a new battery as part of my purchase of a pre owned 458. No extra charge (no pun intended!).

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Regular Guy 01 likes this.
  12. Regular Guy 01

Regular Guy 01 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    Need4Spd,

I agree, they are good guys :D

Your pun made me laugh.
    Great way to end my night!!

Regards,
    GG

Need4Spd likes this.
  13. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    My 2014 458 Spider had a battery that lasted eight years. It was fairly easy to open the battery compartment, but I couldn't see the date stamp. At my last appointment my dealer laughed and told me that the "Genuine Ferrari" sticker made it obvious it was the original battery. It never actually failed, just became very reluctant on startup. Best of luck.

Attached Files:

Regular Guy 01, SD455TA and Rexcat458 like this.