2009 GranTurismo F1 pump/relay | Page 3 | FerrariChat

2009 GranTurismo F1 pump/relay

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Jdubbya, May 17, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    DHL sucks. They ditched their US domestic operation quite a while back, so no telling how (or if) something will arrive. Usually with a customs charge. When I order from the UK I always beg them to ship it FedEx, even if it costs more.

2. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm not a fan of Fedex either. Well see usually USPS updates tracking ok but not great.

3. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Well the accumulator finally showed up. Took it like two weeks to make it out of LA up to me. No idea why. Now I need to figure out how to get to it and see if I can get this job done. What started out as a weekend job is really dragging on and I want to drive the car now that we're getting some decent weather.

4. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    You have found patience grasshopper, become one with the accumulator, allow it to find its place

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    If it was DHL, they have no domestic service.

6. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Oh if it were only that easy!?!? :)

7. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    It was DHL then transferred to USPS, they are the ones who had it for about two weeks to get it from LA to Seattle area. Dunno but it is here now it's my turn for the pain.

8. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Ok, long story (multiple stories?) but this has been sitting, too much work just before retirement, too many other projects I needed to finish with the nice weather, vacation...and a hassle with trying to buy a rebuilt accumulator.

This is now my next project. So what is the easiest way to lower the rear subframe? I haven't looked that closely at it yet. I don't have a lift, I'm doing this with multiple jacks and stands.

I can get the new motor in but still need to lower it all to get to the reservoir and now apparently pull the actuator when I go to get it all bled.

Gonna get started on this tonight or tomorrow. Been sitting for way too long already.

9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    At this point..it may just be better to send it in and have it done. Spend you time on other more productive projects.

10. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks for the help.

11. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    Just read this post... When the clutch was done a new pump was installed. It was not a cheap one either IIRC. Hope your enjoying it still otherwise. I miss those morning startups.

12. Signor Buona Wrencha

Jun 21, 2008
    Albuquerque
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    As an aside, the drivetrain photos posted by windsock are for the Automatic Transmission version of the car. That's a ZF box behind the engine, an exposed driveshaft, and a large differential at the rear.

13. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Other than this it's been a lot of fun. :) I'll get it going again one way or the other.

APA#1 likes this.
  14. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes I noticed that.

15. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    The picture was just for reference the cars are all assembled the same way and the F1 cars came down the assembly line the same way and the body paired to the entire drivetrain.

Jdubbya likes this.