Sold - 1977 USA 308 GTB | FerrariChat

Sold 1977 USA 308 GTB

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Hannibal308, Jun 18, 2022.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    #1 Hannibal308, Jun 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
    1977 US 308 GTB #21081

US$90K

34K miles original.

Plusses: Original miles, interior and paint, there is literally no rust on this car’s b0dy (other than normal surface oxidation on the underside of panels...no bubbling or any evidence of meaningful rust anywhere that I have ever looked), Campy wheels in excellent condition, new XWXs, Carbs completely rebuilt, brakes rebuilt, pertronix ignition, timing belts with Hill bearings...all in under 1000 miles. All glass in excellent condition. Interior leather in excellent condition with mild patina and no holes or tears anywhere in leather (see below). Driven short distances regularly.

Minusses: Original paint has classic crazing. This car was over zealously polished and there is an area on each of the front fenders where the paint was polished through so the yellow-tan primer can be seen. It is visible but does not stand out like dog’s balls. The left rear fender has a similar but incomplete burn in the paint that does not show the primer but is dull. There are a few small indentations on the upper surface of the right front fender that look like hail damage but aren’t seen anywhere else on the car so likely are not hail. Before I had the car it was in an estate sale...it looks to me like a mouse or mice got into the interior and enjoyed the synthetic vinyl right next to the shifter gate where they left two small defects, and the same vinyl around the parking break lever where they left a roughly silver dollar sized defect. Each can be seen in pics. There are no other damaged areas that I have found and there are no areas where they appear to have set up residence. The interior smells of leather and oil and fuel, just as my other two 308s...no strange pest smells or anything else untoward. The front bonnet release is a cable to pull...the usual lever and surround are MIA.

Car has a partial tool kit and full jack kit, full-size campy spare, original operators handbook, and the modern fuse block uninstalled with instructions. The original Californian mirror will come with the car...I leave it off to avoid breaking it when walking past the car when it’s covered (I’ve done this on one of my other 308s).More pics to follow...

Attached Files:

2. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
  3. Martyt

Martyt Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2022
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Is the car in Hawaii?

4. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    Good question,

Car is in Cottonwood, AZ

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    A very fine example....GLWS!!!!

one4torque likes this.
  6. built2grind

built2grind Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2016
    The Peninsula
    Full Name:
    ANDREW
    Looks like a fun car to enjoy while working on it. Love the colors. Good Luck!

7. SteveG75

SteveG75 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2010
    FL
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    Wow, exact color scheme/interior as 21169 which I sold 5 years ago.

8. aguynamedjoe1982

Jul 5, 2022
    Austin Texas
    Full Name:
    Joe Haas
    I went to high school near there, wish I had the money for that. It looks great.

Sent from my B131DL using Tapatalk

9. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    Due to our robust economy, price reduced to $84,999.99 OBO. PM for my contact info if desired.

10. cbmcdona

cbmcdona Karting

Jul 19, 2022
    Full Name:
    Caleb McDonald
    Beautiful car! It’s my GTBs twin, which is also a 77 black over Bordeaux. With the serial number you have, it must be one of the very first steel GTBs. I have number 23063 which was a November 1977 car. As they supposedly only made 745 steel GTBs in 1977, yours has to be one of the really early ones. Great car.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    It really is a great car. Not perfect, but a really great car. It would be a total keeper if I didn’t have a ‘76 glass car and a ‘77 dry sump too. I bought this one while my dry sump was being restored and bought my glass car while this one was having the major and carbs done. When it was done with the major, all three cars showed up. Stable is too small.

of2worlds likes this.
  12. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    Fire sale! $79,999 OBO. No, it did not catch fire. This is also not my dry sump that I recently over-reved, in case you follow the 308 threads. (I’ve never over-reved this one).

this is seriously the closest thing to a no-rust car you will ever find. Original miles. It’s obvious when you see her. All carbs rebuilt with refinished linkages and throttle cable return, brakes all rebuilt…this is a great deal for anyone who loves GTBs like I do.

Full price offer will get my euro fiberglass bumpers, the front euro bumper mounts, and a pair of NOS Carello euro front side marker lights so you can make it look just like a euro when she’s repainted.

Ryan S. likes this.
  13. Horse That Prances

Jul 22, 2019
    One of the all time best sounding Ferraris is a Carbureted 308!!!!!!

14. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    Recession pricing: Now $74, 999 OBO.

In case you missed it...full belts, Hill tensioner bearings, carbs and linkages ultrasonically cleaned and rebuilt, throttle return unit rebuilt, brake caliper pots all rebuilt with new pads and lines, new XWXs on all four corners, new Facet fuel pump, new plugs and ignition wires, new pertronix ignition with new rotors, oil and oil filter, air filter, trans fluid too! All just less than 1000 miles ago. I’m driving this car so mileage is changing slowly. Car is in Northern AZ.

AbbyAk and one4torque like this.
  15. AbbyAk

AbbyAk Rookie

Jun 9, 2013
    In N. Phoenix. First time on this forum in many many years. Is the car available to look at ?

of2worlds likes this.
  16. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    Price change $70K.

Not sure what to add. I drove this car 159 miles today starting at 3,400 feet over an 8,000 foot mountain with AM temperatures in the 40s, over to Prescott where the altitude is 5,000 feet, then back over the mountain and all around the Verde Valley and she ran like a charm. Somebody out there wants a 35K mile early GTB with no cats and the early euro cams that runs like a champ. This is a great car. The one I’m restoring was a complete POS compared to this one. If I had started with this car I would never have bought my other two. Look at what’s been done to take care of this car, it’s around $15K of major service stuff you won’t need to do again for ages: carbs, linkages, brakes, ignition, tires, timing belts and tensioners...

Ryan S. and of2worlds like this.
  17. Yoric

Yoric Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 8, 2005
    Full Name:
    Yoric
    Hannibal,
    My son lives in Paradise Valley and I would like to know from you whether you feel I can trust your GTB to do a fly-and-drive Denver-PHX. The cosmetics are befitting a 45-yr old original car and I'm OK with that, but I do worry about its mechanical status and reliability (LOL) in spite of the fact that belts/bearings, carbs and brakes have been done recently. Email me at: landeira AT colorado DOT edu or call me at 303 651 2599.
    THX
    Ric

18. Yoric

Yoric Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 8, 2005
    Full Name:
    Yoric
    Does anyone here know if this car has been sold? Because I am seriously looking to buy an early GTB such as this one and I have not been contacted by the seller after two days.
    Any help in this regard is much appreciated.
    yoric

19. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Best to PM the seller. He was online this morning...

20. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    Just sent you a text. I’ll call you tomorrow as it’s late. Apologies, but I just saw these messages…best, Hannibal.

21. ferraricn

ferraricn Rookie

Mar 12, 2019
    Full Name:
    henry zhan
    Is the car still available 9093583336

22. Yoric

Yoric Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 8, 2005
    Full Name:
    Yoric
    Seller and I have connected as of today. Thanks for helping out everyone.
    Yoric