Gated Manual 360 Coupes - Modena Market | Page 102 | FerrariChat

Gated Manual 360 Coupes - Modena Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by Kevin Rev'n, Apr 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dino6304

Dino6304 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2020
    CT
    Full Name:
    Laurence
    208k with fee seems reasonable for a 5000 mile gated Modena. It did however have six previous owners and an IRS seizure history.

Doug. likes this.
  2. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    How do you rationalize the main necessary to actually use this car? They don’t like to sit. Seals gaskets hate sitting idle. Or is this over blown?

3. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    In my experience, it is over overblown. Now, starting it, driving it and “working it” are different things. Using 9/10ths or 10/10ths will have immediate issues, if it sat for long periods of time. But 5-6/10ths maybe not? I have a car with basic only service, in perfect working order with everything as it should be, under 6k miles. Freon still full and ice cold. Still smells new. I love the fact that it is pretty much “as delivered.” One set of tires and 3 oil changes, a set of air filters. I am not 100% sure because history in 2001-2004 is unknown. 2 owner car, last owner for nearly 20 years. Best driving car I have owned. I think mechanics do more harm than good. But what do I know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modena_Michael and one4torque like this.
  4. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Car nut- good data from a real person!

hard to keep miles that low???!

5. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    When you have another 1-2 to drive, nope, LOL. I always save have a driver and an investment, hahaha.

I am not called Carnutdallas for nothing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E60 M5 likes this.
  6. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    As these cars age, I feel history becomes "stories" and hold less and less significance, because it will become difficult to find one without some type of hit. Especially the manuals because rarity will Trump stories.

robertjskelton likes this.
  7. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    robertjskelton likes this.
  8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    FerrfanFL likes this.
  9. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
  10. Dino6304

Dino6304 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2020
    CT
    Full Name:
    Laurence
    #2535 Dino6304, Jun 8, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
    A 20,000 mile red/tan gated Modena just sold on BaT for 220K (including fee).
    I find this result encouraging.

one4torque likes this.
  11. Some Guy in the sky

Some Guy in the sky Formula Junior

Sep 19, 2018
    Now I need to increase my insurance ... again.

12. GT500JR

GT500JR Rookie

Dec 21, 2019
    Chicago IL
    Full Name:
    JR
    Vegas CS likes this.
  13. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
    It looks to me, price-wise, to be in the BaT ballpark. I would think some combo of reasons:
    #1 not reaching the national audience that BaT does
    #2 arriving at a price destination in one fell swoop now that so many people are following BaT auctions where prices escalate until exhaustion
    #3 its not at a bargain price today
    #4 people might be concerned about the economy and the rapid price increases of cars lately

14. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Multiple red flags. No shields or daytonas, egg crate front grills, 6 year old belts, dash needs to be removed and completely redone, stereo popping out, aftermarket wheels. All that on top of the mileage discount (which to me would be preferable so I felt better putting even more on).

15. GT500JR

GT500JR Rookie

Dec 21, 2019
    Chicago IL
    Full Name:
    JR
    I appreciate you not replying “crappy owner!” Hah!

I feel the same, but I’m biased. Probably at the high end of the range but I don’t think out of bounds.

dash was redone 2y ago, major in summer 19. Not sure why they didn’t post the whole svc history, which is complete.

oem f430 wheels for better rubber options and no shields may be a plus to some?

500tr and robertjskelton like this.
  16. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Why would they post a picture of a 2016 belt change if it’s been done sooner? Why is the stereo sticking out? If I were a prospective buyer, my assumption would be because it will no go in correctly for some reason?

Did they not guarantee the work when they redid the dash? It should not be wrinkling again after 2 years.

17. GT500JR

GT500JR Rookie

Dec 21, 2019
    Chicago IL
    Full Name:
    JR
    That’s a great point on the records- I think they picked a random assortment of records vs putting the complete history up. Stickies, major, and dash were all done end of 19 or early 20.

thx for the input guys- appreciate the help.

Dewinator likes this.
  18. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Ummm....those are OEM 430 wheels, the dash is not nearly as bad as many of them I've seen, the stereo is probably nothing (so it could be easily fixed by seller), the seats and grilles are stock, the only thing I could see being a "red flag" would be the belt service, which again, is easily corrected.

GT500JR likes this.
  19. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Most people are going to see the ad, not the car! When easy things like pop the stereo in and showing the most recent belt service rather than the previous are fixed in the ad, it's going to generate a lot more interest!

Personally I would ebay swap the wheels out for 360 ones too, but I guess that one is just my own preference and some people might like the 430 ones.

GT500JR likes this.
  20. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Challenge Wheels > Starfish

21. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i like the 430 wheels on the 360, can never go wrong with challenge wheels!

GT500JR and JSinNOLA like this.
  22. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Not in ease to clean!

robertjskelton and JSinNOLA like this.
  23. GT500JR

GT500JR Rookie

Dec 21, 2019
    Chicago IL
    Full Name:
    JR
    The 2020 invoice shows stickies and dash done. Dash for the “discounted” rate of $3k+ thru the Ferrari dealer. I think some of what appear to be wrinkles might be glass reflections/distortions in the nighttime photos? Still not sure why they didn’t post the 19 major.

guess there are worse things than taking the car off the market, driving this season and next, doing the major and then selling right?

24. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Ew. My car came with Challenges. Promptly swapped them for starfish (plus a few grand of course). I just don't get it. Nothing looks better than a 5 spoke in my opinion..

Need4Spd, mx1, Dewinator and 2 others like this.
  25. Dino6304

Dino6304 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2020
    CT
    Full Name:
    Laurence
    I actually put my original starfish wheels with original Bridgestones in the basement and put 19” CS wheels/PS4S tires on my Modena. Wheels and paint color are extremely subjective.

Prabjot likes this.