Novitec Techtronic - No longer an Option | FerrariChat

Novitec Techtronic - No longer an Option

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by harrish1985, Jun 23, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. harrish1985

harrish1985 Formula Junior

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    All -- I had solely the rear muffler installed on my F8S (Novitec Valveless muffler). The car started throwing CEL codes and "Catalyst Temp. High" messages. Took it back to installer, who's been phenomenal to work with, they troubleshot and the response they got from Novitec is that the ECU software on the 2022+ F8s is no longer allowing the Techtronic to trick the ECU into thinking there's a GPF filter and therefore the techtronic is not compatible.

My options are to tune the car or return the car back to factory exhaust. I inquired if there's a tune that doesn't touch anything on the powertrain but simply eliminates the CEL and Catalyst warning error.

Has anyone else been experiencing this?

2. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Sorry to hear that! I have the Novitec Race exhaust and the Tectronic plug in module on my 2022 Tributo and have not had any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. harrish1985

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    Please PM me or provide more details about who did your install. Maybe my shop can speak with your installer? I'm not sure as I'm at a loss here.

4. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Will do

Chizz likes this.
  5. Hunter911

Hunter911 Karting

Mar 8, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Ugh, horrible. No issues with my 2021 Tributo (same setup). I already did my annual service (2 months ago), not sure if they did a software update, but I'm good so far. Hope there is a way for you to get this sorted without tuning.

6. harrish1985

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    Spoke further with my installer. Both Novitec and Capristo have thrown in the towel on 2022+ Ferraris where the plug-in modules are no longer working. Spoke with my Ferrari SA and this is also the case with SF90s. You can have it tuned so that ONLY the parameters that affect the OPF filter errors are modified so that the CEL and emissions error doesn’t populate. Do note however, that the tune is not cheap and apparently this is the only work around for aftermarket exhausts with the new ECU software.

Chizz likes this.
  7. iMrMark

iMrMark Karting

May 24, 2021
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks for the update on this one. real bummer as the novitec bits sound so nice. What do you plan to do?

8. Fixer03

Fixer03 Karting

Nov 1, 2015
    Same here I have a 2022 and full race Novitec and no issue at all.

9. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Even if it only removes that i wouldnt tune it
    Most ecu throw a tamper code
    Warranty gone

10. harrish1985

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    What’s the production date on the 2022s you guys are referencing?

11. SNKTWN305

SNKTWN305 Rookie

Aug 25, 2020
    Orlando, FL
    You should check with David to see if he ordered the right Tectronic plug for your car, I believe Novitec offers 2 different variants….

12. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    November 2021

13. harrish1985

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    yeah did that he confirmed that one variant is discontinued and there’s only one option now

14. Fixer03

Fixer03 Karting

Nov 1, 2015
    April 2022

15. 250boano

250boano Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2022
    Europe
    Full Name:
    DD
    Spoken to Novitec - their Tectronic units do work on 2022+ cars. Unit works fine on F8's and SF90's.

16. harrish1985

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    My dealer ordered a replacement Techtronic to rule out the first techtronic possibly being faulty. I haven't heard anything yet but I'm hopeful. They've been in contact with Novitec but Novitec was stumped on the issue as well. The codes being thrown are specifically for the OPF filters.

spyderman likes this.
  17. dubby

dubby Rookie

Aug 15, 2013
    please keep us posted. what are you planning to do?

18. srtullio

srtullio Karting

Mar 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Sorry to hear that. The idea of adding an exhaust to my ‘22 is sounding less and less appealing.

RoadRonin likes this.
  19. RoadRonin

RoadRonin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2020
    San Francisco
    Same. I’ve been following these threads closely. The sound is really the only missing piece. Missing that extra bit of drama and theater that completes the experience.

Keeping hope alive though as there still appear to be many that have successfully improved their exhaust notes.

20. harrish1985

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    22+ ECU software triggers CEL and emissions error. Novitec confirmed with my authorized installer that the techtronic is no longer a viable option. Alternative is a tune that exclusively eliminates the OPF removal filter related errors. I spoke with some Ferrari techs and they did advise that the 22+ cars including SF90 have the updated software. For general maintenance etc. you won’t have an issue with dealer with a tune that’s exclusive for exhaust. If you do have a power train related issue alternative is to flash back to stock tune. Everyone is different but the exhaust note on the Novitec is completely worth it. I personally couldn’t stand the OEM exhaust sound as it was way too quiet and did not sound like a super car at all. Been successfully running with the tune for the exhaust for a couple of days now with no hiccup and an awesome exhaust note.

Chizz, iMrMark and Hunter911 like this.
  21. todd cloud

todd cloud Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Flashing back to a stock tune will be logged.
    The re-flashed tune will be stock, but not factory.
    Any power train warranty claims could be denied by FNA with ample legal footing.

Chizz, 9650max and Phillychoi like this.
  22. 250boano

250boano Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2022
    Europe
    Full Name:
    DD
    Once again, I've spoken directly to the MD of Novitec in Germany - this isn't the case. I know multiple 22+ F8 and SF90 running the Tectronic without issue.

AD211 likes this.
  23. todd cloud

todd cloud Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Could be a mid-model year ECU update that is catching later 2022 F8?

24. harrish1985

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    I’m not discounting what you are saying but we tried 2 Techtronics spoke with Novitec USA and Novitec Germany and got confirmation on every front that the “Novitec engineers” are “stumped” and that the new ECU software is causing a glitch with the OPF filters / emissions. The DME tune has eliminated the CELs related to the exhaust. There is clearly a new software update for 22+ F8s.

25. StevenF8

StevenF8 Karting

Feb 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Steven
    I have the novitec exhaust and techtronic with no issue on my 22. It was delivered in December 21 so it was an early build. Not sure if there are any open campaigns for a software update but if there is do I even do it if it can potentially cause issues with the techtronic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk