Boxers are undervalued | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Boxers are undervalued

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by ross, Dec 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Tom, that's not gonna happen, this whole EV take over is going to take a lot longer to happen, if it happens for 30+ years. Think about it, do you really thing even 5% of the world population can afford electric cars, not to mention even here in the USA we will not have the infrastructure to support them. Hell California has rolling blackout now, how are they going go EV in the near future.

turbo-joe likes this.
  2. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Boxers are SO OVER VALUED and should be under $100k, they are S$IT!

MS250 and Boomhauer like this.
  3. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    ^ yep

4. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    What? please tell me what would even make you think it had turbos or a supercharger? do you consider the sun sets in the west? kind of a no brainer, right?

Right!

5. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    tom, I think we both are in the same boat. I also make my living fixing those old cars ( not only ferrari ) but also retired since last year. I can not sit around and not work on cars, but I´m really afraid that in a few years those cars are not allowed anymore to go on public roads. also then the fuel price will be here in europe around 3-4 € each ltr ( not gallon ) and who like to pay for driving 100 km then 140 €???

6. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    you are dreaming to get one so cheap? hahaha
    so go on dreaming

ChipG likes this.
  7. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Just responding to the question buddy. Don't even remember what the question was. I've moved on since then.

ChipG likes this.
  8. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    The political cost of a ban on ICE cars will not be paid by any politician; rather, at most, the cost of operation will be pushed higher, to convince more people to use other means to get around. Think of taxes on cigarettes. There will also be a key problem (inflation) with increasing the cost to use a ICE car or truck in the absence of a practical and cheap alternative. I also have hope for 'green' e-fuels, such as being developed by Porsche. While e-fuels may not be cheap, how often do I actually commute long distances in my BB?

As to values of a BB, despite about 1000 of each of the Countach, BB and F40s being made there is a huge spread in their values, proving that rarity alone does not influence the market.

While I enjoy my BB, the Testarossa is an easier (but similar) car to drive at half the price; the Countach is far more exciting to drive (at twice the price), so maybe the BB is correctly priced. I only wish I could provide some F40 insight...

AHudson, boxerman and 71veedub like this.
  9. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    It was out of love :)

ag512bbi likes this.
  10. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Maybe, had a blue one in the 90's and have been searching for the current owner. I paid $36k for it, I would honestly pay $200k for it today and spend $100kish in resto but no more

11. 71veedub

71veedub Formula Junior

May 31, 2006
    Boston/North Shore
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Don't think I've seen a blue BB, @ChipG .. love to see photos but guessing you may not have any if it was that long ago..
    Which blue was it?

12. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=blue+ferrari+boxer

First times always a *****, right?

Where are you on the north shore?

13. 71veedub

71veedub Formula Junior

May 31, 2006
    Boston/North Shore
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Haha yes I'm sure I've googled that but recall not finding many actual blue BBs, mostly models, video game models/renderings, actual BBs in other colors, and blue 512TRs. There are a few real ones showing up currently, this one claims to be blu chiaro looks great but RHD

https://www.prestonclassicsltd.com/512bbi

also this one which looks a bit darker but probably also chiaro

https://ritholtz.com/2016/01/155954/

I'm about 25mi due north of Boston

36k for a BB in the 90's, sorry you sold it..

14. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

15. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    link not work :(

16. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

17. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
  18. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
  19. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Correct, I purchased it from Paul back in 2014. And, it’s currently for sale at Ferrari of Atlanta.

20. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day 4right,

Thanks for the update! Wow, your car sure looks very, very nice and it really should command a premium, as there are not that many in your car's condition.

All the best with the sale!

Cheers,

Sam

21. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Thanks Sam. It’s been a joy to own. Original paint, complete engine rebuild, billet differential, suspension rebuilt including the Koni’s, wheels refinished, new TRX tires, new leather seats, new carpet. Just turn the key and drive, an amazing Boxer! Picture of the engine just before it was re installed. Image Unavailable, Please Login

samsaprunoff likes this.
  22. johnaz

johnaz Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2009
    Carefree, AZ/Anchorage, Alaska
    Full Name:
    John Schwamm
    This is the type of Boxer to buy, not many like this. I personally love the Zegna interior, having owned 5 Boxers, 2 with Zegna.
    This one appears to have all done. Great colors and I do prefer the black bottom half like the original BB.

But in my view the economy is going to hold back prices now. Think they will all decline if things continue to point to recession. Sellers will find it hard to find buyers in times of recession.
    John

23. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Maybe, on another note buyers will be cash rich as they are looking for opportunities to invest. People often turn to non equities in these times for alternative investment opportunities.

24. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    #274 375+, Jun 29, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    +1 a radioactive topic, no one wants to discuss this. You should post this on the Dino forum:eek:

25. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day All,

Another data point will soon be known, as a 1981 512BB is coming up for sale on BaT:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/512-bb-on-bat.661583/

Not to disparage chassis 33625, but the car looks somewhat tired and is in need of some attention (immediate needs are tires and carpets) and love.

With that said, if 33625 does sell, the final price will need to be taken in context given the car's present state and needs. Howwever, YMMV.

As I mentioned before, to others who are unfamiliar with the Boxer service costs, etc the BaT auction's included recent service receipts will not encourage others to jump in. I have no clue to the full service details and work provided, but a number of the labor efforts for the various services raised my eyebrows. I am very familiar with the time/effort involved for many of the services, as I have done these on my car and so I am a bit skeptical of the hours billed. The result is that these service amounts would certainly scare away those that would consider the car.

Cheers,

Sam

swift53 and 375+ like this.