First spec done! | FerrariChat

First spec done!

Discussion in '296' started by Dseig001, May 7, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
  2. amandeep18feb

amandeep18feb Karting

May 6, 2022
    Seattle, USA
    Full Name:
    Aman Singh
    Looks beautiful. If I get an allocation, I will be doing something very similar..

3. Olbe

Olbe Rookie

Mar 24, 2022
    Finland
    Blu Corsa is definitely my choice. I would like to get white (I mean paperwhite) seats with blue stitching and blue horse, but wonder how would they look after using. Maybe small part of doors in white and lower dashboard panel in white too.

Detailer friends told that it is possible to do ceramic protection film for leather parts so they dont get stains so easily and it would be easy just to wipe clean with wet cloth.

If anyone has experience with white seats and some details (small parts of doors and lower dashboard) with white leather it would be good to hear.

Are those wheels Diamond Cut Forged Glossy Technical Grey? Looks amazing!

Btw. What is blue carbon?

4. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    I have Blu sterling in my GTS and had Gyeon ceramic coating applied to the leather on the seats, left them with a glossy hue to them. We've tried multiple methods to remove the coating as recommended by manufacturer and can not, all I can hope for is that it will wear off in time. I have had the same ceramic coating done on my G wagons, Flying Spur, and my Pista without an issue but this time around must be a new type of leather top coat that isn't working with the ceramic coating. So, please be very careful irrespective of what color seats you choose.

BTW, Blue carbon is the final clear coat that's put on the CF with a Blue tint. You can red, green etc its all the clearcoat that gets tinted.

Olbe likes this.
  5. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    the bright yellow calipers are a huge distraction. im leaning away from them being so noticeable. try silver or black calipers.

Retail, jm2 and JimPVB like this.
  6. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Yea I’ve used Gyeon ceramic on my leather for all my cars. You typically want to apply it very light let it sit for 20 min and buff it off. It should NOT be glossy and the leather really should be unchanged but I’d recommend trying on a small inconspicuous area first.

My wife’s new 2022 X5 has light seats and it works great. She is very hard on cars with our two kids. Small about of water and leather detail solution and it looks brand new.

Olbe likes this.
  7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Most automotive leather has some degree of protection against stains to begin with. I wouldn’t worry unless you are getting some material for which they require you to sign a disclaimer. Or you are very very hard on your car. When using any product on your car, you want to make sure its developed for modern automotive use- in this case- modern automotive leather use. Its been a while but I remember friends stripping off the protective layer on their car leather using older highly regarded leather cleaners. It ruined their interior.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

8. Olbe

Olbe Rookie

Mar 24, 2022
    Finland
    Thank you very much for your comments! If the delivery time for the car is ~2024 I am sure there will be a lot of development what comes to ceramic coats for leather materials, and imho good detailer would try it to some small part that would be least visible if there appear any issues before applying coat to the whole interior.

I just think the blu corsa exterior and white seats with blue stitching would look really amazing and that combo would be worth to do some extra cleaning every now and then :)

Shorn355 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  9. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    There a post someone noted that the blue stitching used by Ferrari is much lighter than blu Corsa. The person actually had the parts refinished to match. I think it’s on the 488 forum. It looked amazing.

10. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Beautiful spec!

11. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

F8 . He changed the blue strip in the middle of the seat. So the leather doesnt match.

12. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    IMO as long as you are happy that the blue leather doesnt match the colour of the car.

IMO silver calipers.

mdrums and Edward 96GTS like this.
  13. Slicknick

Slicknick Karting

Oct 15, 2019
    Willebroek, Belgium
    Full Name:
    N. Y. Yazgan
  14. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Haven't seen blue carbon with Blue Corsa before - had a tough time matching blue carbon with blue on my 812 - it seemed to go better with a darker blue. The attached picture shows blue carbon next to glossy Blue Montreal by the rear spoiler. The other picture shows blue carbon next to glossy Aluminium 64350163 paint. This may give you a better sense of how blue carbon looks. I've also included a picture of matte blue carbon on the interior so you can get a sense of how that looks also.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds and F2003-GA like this.
  15. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    Blue can be hard if you’re pushing for a match.

I’m going for the carbon and leather to be close, but I was going for a light blue exterior and a contrasting but complimentary interior.

16. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Sounds good.

17. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
  18. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    When I did my 812 GTS, Atelier/TM, they recommended a baby blue color which to me was very pastel especially since I did interior accents in Santorini. So, I pushed back and had them use the santorini and match it with the same thread color so it didn't look off. Results came out great. Many times Atelier will push certain thread colors that don't match the CDLT stripe unless you force them to look better. I had the same experience with Giallo Monte Carlo for my SF90 spider, they eventually found the stitch to match the yellow exterior.

Edward 96GTS and jm2 like this.
  19. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    Alright. Just having fun.

Would this build look better with blu electtrico?

that’s where I’m leaning. Also considering a giallo Triplo build as a GTS for my wife

20. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    I would change the calipers to silver, nice spec.

21. BLUESL

BLUESL Karting

Mar 17, 2014
    London
    Blu corsa is a great colour - I have it in my F8 Spider - but care is needed when trying to match and I would say there is too much blue in this example. You can get a stitching thread which matches well, but for leather accents, blu medio is not it, I think blu Santorini is better. Blue carbon is a big extra expense which in my opinion contributes little.

22. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    I’m strongly considering blu Electtrico to aid in matching nicer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

23. BLUESL

BLUESL Karting

Mar 17, 2014
    London
    This is my F8 Spider, blu corsa, crema, Santorini stripe, carbon racing seats. The door panels were changed to restrict the amount of crema inside, otherwise it’s too much.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. kbaillie

kbaillie Karting

Nov 4, 2009
    Beautiful! How's the creama holding up for you so far? Jeans stains or anything else been an issue?

ScottS likes this.
  25. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Overall it's nice - it should if you like it ;)
    Personnally I'd still go for black for the upper dash, it would add a contrasting touch and may also have some benefit regarding potential windshield reflection.