Actual Driving Impressions/Thoughts | Page 12 | FerrariChat

Actual Driving Impressions/Thoughts

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by jumpinjohn, Nov 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Couldn’t agree more..

j09333 likes this.
  2. ok458

ok458 Karting

Apr 2, 2010
    Totally agree

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

JJ77 and j09333 like this.
  3. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    as a follow up to ownership, left car fully charged, cable then disconnected, last week of November. Just back from Winter in Brasil and started car again March 24th. Battery showed 22% charge and started up right away. Only light that has come on was passenger E - Latch, which could be from someone trying to get in my car or a fault of the battery running low. I sold my pista 6 weeks after taking delivery of my AF car, and was a no brainer to me, and most of my problems with the pista was the Pita lithium battery bs.. to be able to go away for a length of time and car starts again is priceless to me and would advise any pista owner to trade to an AF car if the price delta is not too much. Wouldn’t trade to a non AF car though. AF option is what SF90 is all about IMO…

j09333 and of2worlds like this.
  4. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Spot on. AF is the only way to go.
    Also, long battery life!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  5. Bijalmadhani

Bijalmadhani Rookie

Dec 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bijal Madhani
    Awesome post! Luvd it

6. Bkclients

Bkclients Karting

Nov 30, 2010
    The MAJOR problem with the SF90 is in the looks department. Standing side by side with a Pista shows the regression of Ferrari design. We’ve all heard it the Vette looking rear end and the unfinished front end design. Car shows people swarm around the Pistas and much less so the bland design of the SF90.

It is what it is …

Pista > SF90>296 GTb.

7. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    All in your opinion of course because I went for a run the other day with a Pista and a bunch of other exotics and that wasn’t anywhere near the reaction I experienced.
    Pista is a beautiful car no doubt but the SF90 is far from being a pig.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder also art is often misunderstood by the general masses.

perrinnation, JJ77 and REALZEUS like this.
  8. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Had to check this wasn’t a post from 2020… lol.. had pista have AF SF90 and you are talking nonsense from my experience of both cars living in the UK. AF SF90 has way more reaction and gravitas against my old Pista.. Vette lights.. oh dear!

perrinnation, Lagunae92, MLA and 2 others like this.
  9. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Couldn't disagree more from personal experience...

10. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    I did a pretty big car show a few weeks ago. I always look around afterwards to see who posted picture of what cars up. there were exactly zero pictures of the sf90 there. 100s of pics here, 0 sf90: https://www.avants.com/news/avants-classics-on-the-green-2022

personally I think it is a great looking car, but it is clear this is a minority opinion! who knows, maybe it'll be a late bloomer!?

of2worlds likes this.
  11. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Amazing show with something for almost every taste. Maybe the Tifosi were blinded by that purple HEMI 'Cuda... ;)

12. Bkclients

Bkclients Karting

Nov 30, 2010
    It could be a late bloomer who knows, but unless it’s specced just right the outside isn’t too appealing. The inside, however, along with the drive is next level. I’m glad Ferrari finally fixed the crap battery situation which is in most Pistas.

13. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    That's a matter of personal opinion.

perrinnation and MLA like this.
  14. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I have exactly the same experience, also in UK. Also SF90 side profile is much nicer and more balanced than the Pista. Rear and front v Pista is much more about who likes what. Still, SF90 has real presence and is to my eyes a very attractive and has some especially nice angles, and a couple of awkward ones, like most cars.

jpalmito and of2worlds like this.
  15. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I guess that’s a move up from the Camaro light! LOL!
    ;)

16. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    #291 Cocoloco, Jul 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
    Pista's is final design of 488 - adding stripes aggressive aero design carbon wheels etc.
    Put a 488 next to a SF90 basic spec or SF90 AF Spider next to a Pista - results will be different.
    Nice show - never understood why anyone who doesn't like anothers car would say anything if it wasn't nice. This is why people don''t go to car shows - disrespect kills the thrill.

17. jo_ker

jo_ker Karting

Mar 29, 2014
    Germany/Austria
    my pista felt way more racecar.
    my sf90 had 2.000kg and no AF. it nearly wheelied if WOT. :D
    didn´t loved the sf90 (non AF). liked it somehow. but sold now.

18. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    Oposite here, sold the pista after the Sf90 Af arrived. just day and night for me. Have to admit i drived the pista less and less, first the 765lt arrived than the sf90. Just didnt make sense to keep the Pista. Sf90 no around 5000km also on track, a fantastic car

perrinnation, REALZEUS and j09333 like this.
  19. KZEVO

KZEVO Karting

Jul 25, 2021
    thanks for sharing. What are your thoughts on 765LT and how it compares driving wise to your sf90.

of2worlds likes this.
  20. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    In my view you cant compare them, expect maybe the simular performance on higher speed.
    There you have the sf90, a technologie master piece, a Gt car, which you can drive quiet piecefull and easily, but by changing the mode to qualfiyng and the magnetino to race changes the car completly in to another level. Yes the car is relativly heavy, and when you drive long and hard on a track in my view it eats the tyre more than for example a pista(but def quiker). the weight of the car is not much noticable, unless you are on the edge, and the nany do a perfect job in my view.
    Traction on 911 turbo s level, allways, all the time everytime, fantastic, as long tyre are warm and dry.
    on the other hand it can be dangerous, as the car gives you a lot off confidence, but you have to be aware 1000hp are 1000hp, and it can go quikly in the wrong way. Very stable on hihgspees, cabin noise not an issue.
    The 765lt is quit the oposite, traction compared to the sf90 very low, you even can spin the tyres north of 124mph if you want. Very light car and very powerfull. Quit a bit of a hooligan. More nervous in highspeed then the sf90, more cabine noise, more of a race car. Dont get my wrong you can go easy on the 765lt, but the car is not made for that. He wants to be driven hard and fast and be loud. Techwise not comparable to the sf90, 2 different aproaches, neither is wrong
    Steering as always, one off the best in the busissnes and gives you more and better feedback than the sf90 (oposite to what Il CO said, but i guess he has not much a clue about mclaren)

In my view you cant go wrong with those car, both fantastic but somehow very different. This is my personal view, so i guess it depends to your preferncy

KZEVO, Cocoloco, Coincid and 2 others like this.
  21. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Have LT spider 812 GTS due next month and SF90AF in months - time to sell Speciale & 16M Reading these posts from owners are much appreciated.

Glenn Quagmire likes this.
  22. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Sell Speciale & 16M…..Whatt???
    Please keep one of these pinnacle NA cars. I had that same duo and ended up selling the 16M. I did sell my first Speciale and missed it so much, bought one back to keep forever. This and TDF are keepers.
    I have SF90S and 296 GTS on order but don’t know if those are keepers for me. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

of2worlds likes this.
  23. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Senna is favorite coupe and hoping LT doesn't push out Senna.
    Remember 16m you had in white.
    Too many cars some haven't driven for years but for maintenance.

plastique999 likes this.
  24. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    LT wants to be driven quite hard I agree. Nice review.

25. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Hot damn!
    I’m eyeing the Senna closely, really love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cocoloco likes this.