"Sticky" Parts Repair in Phoenix? | FerrariChat

"Sticky" Parts Repair in Phoenix?

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by BruceC, Apr 18, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    Does anyone know of a "sticky parts" repair service located in Phoenix? Scottsdale Ferrari apparently contracts with a local service, but my service tech admitted "Sticky RX" is their first choice. Beyond that they didn't have much info they could or were willing to pass along - no website, or details on how the sticky surfaces are treated. If anyone has used this service, I'd really appreciate hearing more about your experience.

I have used Sticky RX in the past and thought they were excellent, however, when I contacted them, they weren't certain they could maintain or reproduce the blu scuro color of the parts in question.

2. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Did you try Sticky No More - Exotic car interior refinishing services ?

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  4. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks - I was curious about the "local" service since it's unclear how some of the parts are removed and I'm always concerned about breaking off plastic tabs etc. when I do it on my own. I know Scottsdale Ferrari would manage it at an added cost & delay.

My thinking at this point is to take one of the easier parts out and send it to Sticky Rx for evaluation having had excellent results from them when I had my 430 (and yes, unfortunately, some of the circular vent clips were damaged by the indie that removed them for me).

5. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    #5 BruceC, May 17, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2022
    Thought I should close the loop on this thread for the sake of accuracy. I did send my steering column trim to Sticky for refinishing. It was fairly gummy & pretty marked up around the ignition switch from previous owners and honestly looked worse from my attempts to clean it. The finish had deteriorated to the extent that I wasn't even sure if it was a mat black or blu scurro, a color that I thought would be a challenge to replicate. Sticky refinished the parts in blu scurro and they are a perfect match with the rest of the dash trim. I talked at length with the owner, Dave , about his process and it's readily apparent that Dave is a perfectionist which clearly works to his customer's benefit. There's little doubt in my mind that having the parts "cleaned" locally would not have produced as satisfying of a result. Couldn't be happier.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Outstanding work ... may I ask the cost? Having some issues on my California T in that area, as well as inside the gauge housing, although mine is black in both areas. Have been impressed with StickyRX's work. Did you remove the housing yourself?

7. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    StickyRX is likely the most expensive option out there. He charges a flat rate of $300 for steering covers in black and a $200 upcharge for colors. I believe he should be able to email you a price sheet for the common "sticky" items for your Cali.

The steering trim wasn't too difficult to remove - did the same on my previous 430, but some parts can be tricky, like the grab handle for my rear hatch involved more than the 2 screws holding it in place, so I resorted to cleaning it in place which gave an "OK" but not perfect result.

When I did my 430, I shopped around and it seemed pretty apparent to me that the quality of finishes varied quite a bit with some companies simply doing vinyl overlays where graphics were involved, e.g. on HVAC control lettering. StickyRx reapplies the lettering to be factory correct using laser marking. I don't know anyone else that does that, so for me, it boiled down to a case of getting what you paid for. In the end, I spent ~ $2k on the 430 including several pieces where the graphics were compromised and was very pleased with the end result.

vjd3 likes this.