Ferrari ROMA | Page 202 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. godwinlee1800

godwinlee1800 Rookie

Jun 25, 2021
    Full Name:
    Godwin Lee
    Hello there! My Roma has been in and out of the dealer for this issue as well. Any more info? Software updates/refreshes killed the light for a way but it came back. Now they are thinking of replacing the door latch mechanism.

2. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James

of2worlds likes this.
  3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Above and beyond indeed, great when people care about their job!

RamsHmb likes this.
  4. SLC4S

SLC4S Karting

Jun 21, 2022
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Yeah there are some great specs for sale. Designing and ordering the car is fun for me though. And on something this pricey (will be the most I've ever spent on a car) I don't want to miss out on that part of the experience. I actually bought a VERY different car to fill the gap while I"ve been waiting for a 911 Targa4S allocation which will now be a roma. Bought a Jeep Wrangler 392, took the top off the week I got it and haven't put it back on. Honestly that thing is so much fun on the street that I'll be fine with that and my DD while I wait. Having 500ish horsepower naturally aspirated V8 in a topless wrangler to enjoy the beautiful sounds it makes is arguably the most fun you can have in a car for less than $90k. Its hilarious. And they hold their value well.

Boots and Dsald like this.
  5. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    There is nothing better than having FUN in a car. Some of the most fun I had driving was in my buddies Evoque convertible. Hands down one of the ugliest/ridiculous cars ever but the most positive reactions I’ve ever gotten were in that convertible Range Rover. The 392 Wrangler sounds like a hell of a good time!

6. SLC4S

SLC4S Karting

Jun 21, 2022
    Full Name:
    Nate
    thats beautiful... I go back and forth on whether I think Roma looks better in light or dark colors

7. BryanRoma

BryanRoma Rookie

Feb 25, 2022
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Bryan Fan
    So here is the thing. I’m still waiting for my allocation for the Roma and there’s this 2018 gtc4 lusso just arrived in the dealership with only 3000km. 400k price difference. What should I go for. I understand Roma is a new model and has all the new technologies and the lusso is a V12 the ultimate GT. Anyone can help me out. Thanks.

8. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    750 miles/year for 4 years? I'd be worried about something which has done so few miles tbh... Assume you mean 40k price difference rather than 400k? Which currency?

Phenomenal car by all accounts, never driven one but to my eye I just don't like the look of the rear. I'd stick with the Roma but ultimately it's a question of do you want a used hatchback v12 with a degree of practicality or a beautiful new coupe with a bit less.

9. fws357

fws357 Karting

Mar 27, 2022
    It's personal preference. For me, I don't like the look of the lusso, and Roma currently holds better resale value.

10. BryanRoma

BryanRoma Rookie

Feb 25, 2022
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Bryan Fan
    Sorry, I meant 40k Canadian.

11. BryanRoma

BryanRoma Rookie

Feb 25, 2022
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Bryan Fan
    Yeah, the roma does have a better resale value and Roma is a better choice in a long term

of2worlds likes this.
  12. Verum23

Verum23 Rookie

Aug 14, 2021
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Hi Bryan, I am planning g to place the order for the Roma next week. Can I ask you when did you place the order * I am in Toronto. And did you get any word from dealer how long are still placing orders for the Roma, Thx

13. Dsald

Dsald Karting

Mar 12, 2022
    Full Name:
    Chris Johnson
    I am 3 days into Roma ownership, and I am loving it. Much better than the v12 DB11 we had before this.

Everything about it just feels quicker in comparison. Still getting used to the DCT, but so far very happy with the car.

14. BryanRoma

BryanRoma Rookie

Feb 25, 2022
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Bryan Fan
    I placed my order back in Nov 2021. The dealer told me it’s a 8-10m wait back then, but when I called in yesterday the dealer GM told me it’s gonna be Dec or Jan production. He said the production line is delayed.

Verum23 likes this.
  15. Verum23

Verum23 Rookie

Aug 14, 2021
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Thanks, I am going to place my order in 10 days... Delays are everywhere.
    Which color did you chose ? f1-75 is the one I am planning to order...

16. BruBru

BruBru Rookie

Aug 1, 2021
    Full Name:
    BRUNO SAVOIA
    I am also in Toronto amd originally placed my first deposit in June 2021. I received my allocation this past February and vehicle is set to arrive In 2 to 3 weeks

fws357, of2worlds and Verum23 like this.
  17. Verum23

Verum23 Rookie

Aug 14, 2021
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Last few weeks are the hardest, but the most rewarding. Congrats on a brand new Ferrari. Can you share any feedback for me before purchasing my 1st Ferrari ?

of2worlds likes this.
  18. BryanRoma

BryanRoma Rookie

Feb 25, 2022
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Bryan Fan
    I chose the Nero Daytona.

19. BryanRoma

BryanRoma Rookie

Feb 25, 2022
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Bryan Fan
    Congratulations, in May the dealer told me my vehicle is July production but now it’s Dec or Jan 2023 production. I feel like they pushed me back and cut someone else in line.

20. fws357

fws357 Karting

Mar 27, 2022
    You probably need to find out exactly where you are on the list and how many allocations they receive per month on average. Are you a first time buyer? If yes, you may have some leverage. All F dealers are required to have certain percentage of their sales to go to first time buyers. First time buyers aren’t that easy to find in some geolocations these days.

21. BryanRoma

BryanRoma Rookie

Feb 25, 2022
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Bryan Fan
    I’m a first time buyer. In March I was told I’m the next one on the list and I double checked again in May they still say I’m the next one on the list with July production however I checked again this month I’m pushed to Dec/Jan production…..

22. dk3

dk3 Karting

Dec 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    D K
    Seems like delays here in the US as well, not much you can do about it unfortunately.

sd dave likes this.
  23. SLC4S

SLC4S Karting

Jun 21, 2022
    Full Name:
    Nate
    For what its worth I placed an order last week and was told 18-24 months should be my expectation but lately they've been beating their delivery estimates with customers.

24. dk3

dk3 Karting

Dec 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    D K
    I ordered 1st half of last year and was told at best ~9 months, it's been a year and no timeline yet