My experience as a new Ferrari owner | FerrariChat

My experience as a new Ferrari owner

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by BKC, Jun 29, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BKC

BKC Rookie

Jul 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    L
    I have owned my Ferrari 488 Spider for 3 months. It was 3 years old and I am very glad I bought this piece of art from the official dealer showroom. I get to pull the red blanket off the car and it was totally an experience. I get to visit the Ferrari service center and see tones of vintage Ferrari. To be really honest I was hoping to see if I could pull some chicks with a super car. My friend said I would get a girl friend within a week and girls would come to talk to me. Both didn't happen lol.

Let me jump straight to the good stuff and talk about what I get out of being a Ferrari owner. I join the Ferrari Owner's club and get to have breakfast at exclusive golf clubs and venues. I get to talk to KOL and youtubers. I am mid 40, at this stage in life I am looking for different experience.

Ok I took girls for rides and park my Ferrari in front of hotels just like in a James Bond movie. It was a blast both for me and my female companion.

Oh yes so it is not only the sound and the acceleration. It is the life experience I am getting. I am not saying you will get a lot of sex but it is a bloody good time enjoying the car with friends.

ryalex likes this.
  2. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    My goodness…tons to unpack in that post. I will let others, far better equipped than me, offer full analysis.

3. JOHNCJ8989

JOHNCJ8989 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    John
    Dow’s up today. All I got…

Thecadster and Texas Forever like this.
  4. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    I wish my Ferrari got me a lot of sex . lol Parking in front of hotels always gets a lot of attention. Breakfast at golf clubs, not my thing . The real thrill is not having anyone in the passenger seat, and going for a super long drive in the mountains and canyons, that is what the Ferrari experience is all about, I could care less about anything else, fancied or real for that matter lol .

Thank you

furmano, ddg599, Buzzl and 8 others like this.
  5. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Driving a ferrari is a bit like being a bodybuilder, you think the ladies will be throwing themselves at you, but in reality its other men that are interested LOL

DutchFerrari, pcht5, furmano and 27 others like this.
  6. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    My Ferrari is a dude-magnet.

furmano, rampante550, Dane and 9 others like this.
  7. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    My Ferraris are guy cars too, for across the age spectrum. My daughters' female friends (teens) are not interested, the boys are swarming.

With women, I think the issue is that (if I can generalise please), women who see a guy in a Ferrari, know that he thinks that driving it means they will want to have sex with him. So it leads to this complex psychology. "That guy thinks I will think he's sexy as he's in a Ferrari and I'm not simple and easy so I'll put up a barrier".

It's not that they aren't impressed, but they don't want you to know it, as it's too obvious.

And it's a particular kind of women who openly like you if you drive a car like this, the "spend money on me!" Types, who you could pick up in a bar by buying a bottle of Cristal. Or..you know.

For attracting women (apart from the purely motivated by money kind) the sad truth is you would probably be better off in a Fiat 124 Spider or 1990 MX5/Miata. But otherwise, 488, stonking car, congratulations and enjoy!

LussoLife and LK1 like this.
  8. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Sorry…but the cringe factor is strong here.
    Why are you making me embarrassed for you? Shrugs.
    In any event…the beauty is you can enjoy your car however you see fit. Cheers!

9. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I guess I am just too old and been married too long. I have honestly never drawn a connection between my cars and girls wanting to have sex with me. It just never even entered my mind.

ddg599, rampante550, Zanny1 and 8 others like this.
  10. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Reminds of that Larry the Cable Guy joke.

The first time I had sex with a girl was in the back seat of my father's car. My dad could barely keep his eyes on the road! :D:D

11. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO

Thats classic !

12. FerrariFinally

FerrariFinally Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I'll pass on this thread...useless.

Texas Forever and italiafan like this.
  13. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Glad you are enjoying the car and the various "lifestyle" aspects of Ferrari ownership-

FWIW In my experience I got more girls driving a Geo Metro than a Ferrari but I've found a sense of humor and making girls laugh as well as just being fun to be around and treating people nice will get you more girls than any exotic car. What I enjoy(ed) was meeting someone by chance when driving my DD (Jetta at the time) getting to know them- messing around and then casually mention "hey we should take the Ferrari to dinner" or "hey let's go to this event in the Ferrari" AFTER they already liked me and we hung out- Completely different dynamic than "hi there- I'm Scott- that's my Ferrari outside- what's your name?" :cool::cool:

Enjoy the car- Pics! Cheers :p

14. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    I wonder which Ferrari will garner you the most sex ?

Thank you

Thecadster likes this.
  15. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Best vehicles to have to draw female attention.. pick-up truck..jeep..anything towing any kind of fun vehicle (jet ski, snowmobile, boat).

The original Fiat 500 works extremely well..had a few great evenings with one of those..it's cute..

Best one so far..Bentley Azzure convertible. Oh my. That thing was a magnet.

16. BKC

BKC Rookie

Jul 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    L
    Ar yes I am looking forward to the Club to offer track days or a mountain drive in Italy. This thread was not meant to be 100% about girls lol . Fyi some girls ask me to drive them but they are not really my type. I only do things I enjoy. For the ones I like, I don't mention to them before hand that it will be a Ferrari. It gives them a surprise and also they won't feel like they like the car more than me.

17. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    The truth is, as how the other fellow put it, for me , my Ferrari repelled woman, and attracted guys. sad , but true . The woman are convinced that any man driving a Ferrari has a small dick, and has some sort of lack of attention issues. Freud talked about phallic symbols, in a sense, a Ferrari being a penis extension . I hate to admit it, but I have a small prick , so maybe hes right ?? lol

Thank you

mar76, UroTrash and Texas Forever like this.
  18. RossoCorsa22

RossoCorsa22 Karting

May 11, 2022
    Oakland, CA
    Full Name:
    Kareem
    I have always found that a surefire way to make an impression on a woman is to ask her to lunch, very casually. After she says yes, tell her to meet you at the airport because you're flying her to lunch in your own personal aircraft :cool:

19. BKC

BKC Rookie

Jul 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    L
    I just wanted to know it first hand. In my case, Ferrari helps 20% ? If she does not like you, then you don't want her on your car anyway.

20. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The one you sell and put the proceeds in a hooker fund :p:p:p:p:cool:

21. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
  22. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    Amongst other things I see a person who owns a Ferrari but who is not a Ferrari owner.

23. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Attracts pre teen boys and middle aged men.

That’s ok Inlove driving them.

If you drive it long enough you’ll get it. It takes some more than others

Dohangs, paulchua and Thecadster like this.
  24. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
  25. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    It's just a prop. While cringy, there's been more than a few times we've been approached by women simply for the car alone. My buddy and I were at Sand Hill, and this girl came up to us first thing she asked "do you do modeling for a living" - that was funny (in more ways than one.)

That said, don't buy the car for women - it's like saying an outfit alone will attract females - true it can help, but you are still you.