812 Replacement Rumors | Page 60 | FerrariChat

812 Replacement Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Thecadster, Jun 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheBlueCarbon36

May 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    Blue Carbon
    Thank you very much ohno! Almost everything here sound like good news.
    The lenght is very specific. Is it me or it's quite odd to have this kind of info at this stage? Do we know if the shortening comes just from the design or if the car will loose the shelf behind the seats?
    As far as what regards the engine, in the latest post it seems like more people pend towards ICE only. I have to say a hybrid (expecially if not PHEV) wouldn't probably be that bad on a GT which already doesn't have lightweight as a focus point. I have to admit that the possibility to move silently in traffic coming home or getting out of the city is not a bad thing. On the other hand I don't know how batteries would be on the long term. I like to hope that Ferrari thought about this and people with "regular" cars won't have to face Laferrari's problems. Otherwise all hybrids Ferraris will depreciate like crazy compared to the old ones after the 7th year.

polishhammer83, ohno and F2003-GA like this.
  2. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Couldn't agree more.

And if it looks anything like the Roma, uggh, that would be taking a huge step backwards.

Lagunae92, Bundy and Thecadster like this.
  3. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    As another 812sf owner I completely agree. The Roma does nothing for me aesthetically.

4. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Make that a Roma without a back window...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    If this car ends up being NA12 it could look like a lowered Cybertruck and they'd sell out on launch day.

Ferrari marketing is so strong that we are at the mercy of the designers doing something beautiful, because even if they design something that is ugly by overwhelming consensus, any of us pulling out of an offered allocation as a show of protest won't register with them as there will be hundreds of people lining up behind us. I can't even complain about it cause I'm first in the culpability line ... the 296 engine looks like a Kazakhstani refrigerator and still almost blew my dealer in gratitude for offering me one of their first five GTS allocations.

Long gone are the days of three years ago where they used to bait you with a Pista to buy a Lusso or Portofino that they couldn't move ... the Portofino waiting list is now as long as the Pista one used to be. And before anyone says the probable recession will change all that, despite the worst quarter in equity markets and crypto meltdown, my dealer hasn't has a single order for any model cancelled to date. It might change, but that's where we're at right now.

If this is indeed going to be a an NA12 Ferrari almost everyone who can get one will buy one, whether they love the design or not. Thankfully, although all of us have our aesthetic preferences, over the last few decades Ferrari cars are sometimes stunning, sometimes underwhelming, but on the whole consistently attractive and almost never catastrophically ugly. Basically always between a 7 and 10 out of 10, so I'm sure this will be somewhere in that range as well.

But it's fun to talk about as if any of design opinions matter. :)

6. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    It wont change - with 180k people on the planet with US50m+ in investible assets and Ferrari producing 10k cars a year demand will always outstrip supply. A $0.5m car is 1% of these folks nett assets. This does nor include people with $25m + in nett assets etc etc

Senad, italiafan and Thecadster like this.
  7. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    And another here too

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

kazuya369 and SirTony76 like this.
  8. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Having a car with an ICE will probably be the biggest ego show off in the next 10-20 years......
    Until petrol stations will stop making petrol available!

Shack and italiafan like this.
  9. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    prediction: never is when gas stations stop existing, never

DQSF, nmcclure, Caeruleus11 and 5 others like this.
  10. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    polishhammer83 and MDEL like this.
  11. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Never say never....
    politics....

12. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    correct, 300,000,000 cars/trucks in USA and same number throughout Europe gives a lot of politics to overcome, never going to happen
    not to mention there will never been sufficient EV production is replace all of those, ever...there will be a dramatic change in the next decade on all this

13. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    True, very true. Logic would dictate all of this.
    However politics seem to think/force a change faster than we think can happen.
    The ban of new ICE sales is more or less done for 2035.
    Several countries have now also banned new busines lease car sales with ICE in 2025.
    So change is coming wetehr want it or not and regardless if it makes sense.
    That's what politicians do.
    Shout things against the wind and try to figure out how to actually achieve those things afterwards.

I keep on re-living my dream of roaring on the highway with a V12 against electrical silence..... And the world will be a beter place for it (those few seconds!)

14. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    There will be no change coming, in the end, EV production will be insufficient, not even referring to lack of demand and charging infrastructure that does not exist for millions of such vehicles.

And, of course, there are some serious problems that remain, for instance, EV buses are being banned everywhere they are tried.

see the results:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=france+ev+bus+fire

https://www.google.com/search?q=germany+ev+bus+fire

https://www.google.com/search?q=uk+ev+bus+fire

etc etc

you will not be able to park an EV in a public garage...

https://www.ri.se/sites/default/files/2020-12/FRIC%20D1.2-2020_01%20FIVE%20conference%20presentation%20Multi-storey%20car%20park%20fire%2C%20presentation.pdf

trust me, there will be a reckoning, EVs will never be dominate form of transport, ever...

15. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    v well put

F2003-GA likes this.
  16. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    I shudder at what one would do if this is the case, and the 812 replacement becomes a gorgeous Roma with some elegant ties to the past... with a NA V12...

Hahaha

17. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    “…gorgeous Roma…”

sampelligrino likes this.
  18. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Oxymoron

gliazzurri, Thecadster and JTSE30 like this.
  19. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    What did they replace it already?

Nothing new on the AM site……..

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

20. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
  21. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    I dont think the US/China/India/Russia/Asia etc have banned any ICE engines - so 1/2 the worlds population dont care what some Belgian "do gooders" think (4% of the worlds population in EU). Secondly do a rough calculation on the energy needed to charge these EV's and you will need a heck of a lot of nuclear/coal fired energy (forget the unreliable green stuff). So you are just "kicking the can" down the road.

I am however warming to mild hybrid (296GTB etc) as it seems Ferrari and others are making this tech add serious value ito speed, torque etc and the weight penalty is being managed better and better.

22. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    "energy by renewable", just a few more centuries and maybe, naw, nevermind

As for hybrid tech, good luck there, post warranty costs may be unbearable, we will not know for a while, but, good luck.

ScrappyB, Eilig, JagShergill and 4 others like this.
  23. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK

As 1/4th Belgian myself (my paternal grandmother was from Antwerp), even though not a Belgian national, I detest this comment. The Belgians have little to do with the EU policies. Belgium was just chosen as a neutral ground to base the EU monstrosity, as the Germans-French-Italians (the big three who started it) wouldn't bulge to each other. Then the Brits joined the furore, but then left, fortunately. The EU policies are carved by the EU Commission and the EU Parliament and the representation is analogous to the population of each Member-State.

BTW, the 296 is a PHEV (the highest degree of hybridisation), not a mild hybrid.

Maximus1973 likes this.
  24. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Spoken like a learned pro! Except Manzoni hasn't produced a single design above a 5 with the exception of Pista and that was mostly PF "inspired". When majority reviewers say its a great car despite what you think of the looks that's not a compliment.