Spotless Water System | FerrariChat

Spotless Water System

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by luvair, Jun 30, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    Does anyone have personal experience using both of these Spotless Water Systems?

https://crspotless.com/product/dic-20/

https://crspotless.com/product/simple-chuck/

I'm familiar with the different specs and watch the Youtube videos.

It is for home use and want one that is easier to move, and use. I realize one Simple Chuck is slightly more expensive and the cartridges are more expensive too. But that is OK for me.

2. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login I have a CR spotless system. Best money I ever spent.
    Before buying this I would wash my car with 2 bucket method and then dry with a waffle towel.
    As I learned more about washing I progressed to a foam cannon and power washer and drying with a leaf blower. I read about CR Spotless and bought the system with with mounted on the hand roller. I also bought a Big Boi heated air dryer system too. In the past using these methods it took me at least an hour to wash my car.
    Now I can wash my car in about 15 minutes and I really don’t use the Big Boi dryer
    I rinse my car with CR Spotless and then just go for a drive. It’s amazing that there are no water spots on the car and the class is crystal clear too.
    Here is my set up

luvair likes this.
  3. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    I can very well relate to your previous wash methods. Always been a careful two bucket guy and at least a hour to properly wash and dry with proper detail products. Kind of reminds me when thought ceramic coating wasn’t for me, until purchased a car that was coated. So much easier.

Question:

If the car was dirty, including grime, perhaps brake dust on wheels…. is foaming enough to lift all the dirt? Then it’s so simple to rinse off with the spotless system?

My thought, if car is dirty, still need the two bucket method, then rinse with spotless system. Then it’s done.

Thanks much.

4. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    #4 Ferris Bueller, Jul 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
    Image Unavailable, Please Login The wheels on my 575 get dirty from brake dust just by driving around the block. The best wheel cleaner on the market in my opinion is Sonax
    I normally spray it in all 4 wheels then use a rim brush once the Sonax turns red/black.
    My cars are always garage kept and get washed when I bring them back from a drive or before I go out the next time so the foam cannon works well. There are some cases when there is a bit more grime on the car so I hit the whole car with the foam cannon and horse hair brush with a rinse bucket for the brush between panels
    I constantly re soap the car between panels so the soap doesn’t dry. Once every panel is washed I rinse the car then run the water thru the CR Spotless for the final rinse essentially rinsing off the untreated water. My cars turn out spotless.
    Washing the 575 and the Alfa Quadrifoglio would of taking me the better part of an afternoon
    I can wash both cars in under an hour now

luvair likes this.
  5. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
  6. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I still like my solution.. portable battery operated power washer filled with distilled water for final rinse

Regular power washer connected to home water for the rest of the washing process

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

7. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    I don’t remember if the dimple chuck eas available when I bought the DIC -20
    The simple chuck looks nice, compact but actually does 400 gals.
    I added isolation valves do when washing the unconditioned water is used the turn the valves for final rinse running thru the DIC . Just saves on the resin and it will last longer.
    Unfortunately the DIC fell over when I moved the cart one time and the PVC valves and hook up broke so now I just use quick connect fittings
    It’s actually easier that way too

8. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I have the Simple Chuck and its been great. I went this route from the standpoint of just having to replace cartridges instead of buying bulk material. Also, the Simple Chuck seems to handle more water before you need to replace the cartridges (yes, your water quality will utlimately decide on how much you change it). I replaced cartridges this year and they sent the new cartridges along with a shipping label and I simply sent the others back. Pretty painless process.

luvair likes this.
  9. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    One more Q: what brand / model power washer do you use for the foam gun / washing? I have a gas power washer one, but really need a solid electric one with guess 1.8 GPM. Lots of choices out there. Kind of leaning toward Dewalt or Ryobi. Then replace with premium hose hose, wand with quick releases.

I ordered the Simple Chuck, so now looking forward to my new and easier washing processes.

Thanks guys.