812 Replacement Rumors | Page 61 | FerrariChat

812 Replacement Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Thecadster, Jun 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Apologies if I offended any Belgians (even if 1/4 Belgian) as this was not my intent.

Maximus1973 and REALZEUS like this.
  2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    No worries mate, I just felt that I should clarify that the EU is not run by the Belgians. The Belgians are just the hoteliers of the European overlords, if you may. I am glad the UK is out.

jpalmito, F2003-GA, italiafan and 2 others like this.
  3. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Ferrari's new Power 15 warranty will extend mechanical and electronic components to 15 years - So no luck needed just buy the coverage
    https://www.ferrari.com/en-US/corporate/articles/ferrari-extends-its-class-leading-aftersales-services?amp=true

TheBlueCarbon36 likes this.
  4. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    I do not agree, the 'power15' is very generically defined on that link in what is covers, probably need a dealer to give you the full breakdown of what is covered, etc.

"Electronic components" is too generic, needs clarification. And, quite telling is "LaFerrari Power" section, it does directly mention the battery/hy-kers...so, I presume power15 does not cover similar items in the hybrids due to the lack of similar mention...

And, costs, if it is $10K/year then there is potentially no difference between paying for new battery/inverter/etc if/when it needs it versus paying ahead for power15 coverage...

I could not find specific language of power15 exact coverage items, if you have, please post...

5. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    They just announced it, I'm sure more info is forthcoming - If its 10k a year they will sell ZERO policies

6. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    LF battery replacement: $200k. No thanks.

7. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    More fun. From 2024 the ISA system will become mandatory for all EU cars. It’s a systems that’s hits the break when you cross the speed limit!

8. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Speed control
    Unable to lease ICE cars
    Unable to buy EVs only lease them(you will own nothing and be happy- see music and video streaming, living in government controlled housing etc)
    The list goes on.
    The degree of control of the population is reaching a high not seen since the Middle Ages when serfdom was considered the norm and only royalty are meat.
    But drive your Ferrari V12 vehicle in protest! The long front hood poking a middle finger in the eye of the body politic!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

day355 and Maximus1973 like this.
  9. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Disagree since lots of folks (like me) buy the V12 policy and it hit nearly $7k this year. The 2-year extension of the 3-year full warranty was something like $23k I think. If a warranty doesn't cover that giant disposable battery in a hybrid or full EV then there is no point. I'll bet it will but they will apply enough prorating to the terms that it will make it hard to decide. For sure will be a hot potato situation for whoever gets stuck with the cost of replacement like turbos. If you have turbos and the battery with no warranty then hold onto your butts!

Eilig likes this.
  10. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I am sorry, but that's incorrect. The "speed limiter" does not actually limit speed. First there is a visual warning, then an audible one, then the accelerator pedal will get stiffer. The driver can still push through the resistance though and the car will accelerate as desired. The system is also fully defeatable, with a button, or via the menu.

Avia11 and BILLYS62 like this.
  11. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    This system will cause more traffic wrecks than it prevents.

Caeruleus11, R J, italiafan and 2 others like this.
  12. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    I'm sure it is.... at first.
    Since all data will be shared how long before speed tickets will drop into my mail box or warnings from the insurance companys!?

Caeruleus11 and italiafan like this.
  13. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    In theory the data will be anonymous. The EU has serious privacy laws. At any rate, it will be easy for a workshop to turn the system off.

BILLYS62 likes this.
  14. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Mmm Hmm…. I always trust the ruling class to never over extend their control. The reality is that once it is adopted, it will be full utilized - all in the interest of public safety.

15. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    According to the article you can push through it for a short period of time, presumably to pass, then it resets to alerts, etc.

16. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    That's why we 'll just turn it off, like we do with the stop-start.

BILLYS62 likes this.
  17. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    So you’ll get your car and every time push a button to defeat the environmentalists accomplishing nothing, and then push another button to defeat the safety nannies which also accomplishes nothing. And you don’t feel some type of dystopian anger?

18. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Is it that hard for someone to push a button or two to defeat a couple of systems?

19. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Philosophically speaking—YES.

They’re not a “couple buttons.” Can’t you see that?

It’s a dystopian metaphor. Are you that “concrete?”

008, vonbeeler, Thecadster and 2 others like this.
  20. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes
    And eventually non defeat able.

italiafan likes this.
  21. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    And you thought the prices on the back catalogue were too high now, I'm afraid you ain't seen nothing yet!

Once the realities sink in....and then there will be the reckoning several years later when no new cars/trucks are available for 50%+ of the population....

italiafan likes this.
  22. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    italiafan and Eilig like this.
  23. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    I doubt the powers that be will allow the global economy to crash when car sales drop 50%.
    But fun it won’t be

italiafan likes this.
  24. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I thought this was a joke but based on the subsequent posts its pretty pathetic. Speed signs are a suggestion in modern society and only come into play for ticketing purposes. COVID rules proved this. Seems the greens/regulators saw that traffic took a normal and safe flow at speeds deemed safe by the operators and their equipment. I saw for two years the right lane be reasonable and used for anticipating turns, the center lane for fast transit, and the left lane for autobahn. There were a couple of morons but very rare.

Read a NHTSA report that confirmed this referring it to an increase in "speed dispersion" which is the speed difference between lanes. The report showed that traffic crashes actually declined. Traffic fatalities increased but seems that it was related to decreased use of seatbelts and increased use of drugs and alcohol - specifically dope. Lots of dope being sold, smoked, and showing up in crash victims systems. Put the pipe down Mario and stop being stupid.

I can't imagine the car messing up the pedal feel during accelerating. The car literally telling me how to drive. Pushing back on my commands. No thanks. I find it "Chicanerous and Deplorable". And soon to not be defeatable.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Thecadster likes this.