Wanted - 2022 Tundra | FerrariChat

Wanted 2022 Tundra

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by BoulderFCar, Jul 1, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Anybody have contacts to get one close to msrp? Preferably East of the Mississippi. 4wd Limited. Red,
    Blue or white. Thanks.

rampante550 likes this.
  2. DavidRS4

DavidRS4 Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    I can order you a Ford or Ram at under MSRP if you are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. BoulderFCar

Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Thanks for the offer. I sent a note on an f150.
    Tundras are all $5-10k over msrp. F150’s are starting to show up. I stopped by the smallish dealer in Asheville today and they have 10 unsold f150’s on the lot. One that may work. Selling for msrp and the sales guy seemed like a good guy. At any rate, some light at then end of the availability tunnel as opposed to 6 months ago.
    Side note- all the F150’s had auto start/stop delete. That eliminated one of the chips that was hard to get and had trucks hung up. Fine by me, I hate auto start/stop.

4. DavidRS4

DavidRS4 Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    Msged you back :) I remember 2 years ago they couldn't give away Tundras. Got one of my friends a Tundra on a lease at $249/month with $0 down back in 2020.

F150s are not as supply constrained as some others. We have a number of them.

BoulderFCar likes this.
  5. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    I have one. I personally don’t love the truck. Would consider selling it. 6k miles on it if you don’t mind used.

Not the color you want — gray. 4x4. TRD off-road package.

Message me if you want to discuss my truck or the the truck in general.

Good luck!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. BoulderFCar

Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Thanks for the offer. You’re the third person I’ve come across that has the coolest New Tundra but doesn’t love it. You have the hot model. It will take about 15 seconds to sell it.

The local dealer has an F150 I want. Of course I’ve run into option creep. What started as a nice XLT has turned into a Lariat with more than I intended- Extended fuel tank, gotta have it. B&O sound? Of course! Moonroof? Why wouldn’t I? And on and on.

So far, I like the dealer. We’ll see how it goes when I try to buy it Tuesday.

Texas Forever likes this.
  7. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    I REALLY miss my f-150.

I have been stopping by Ford dealers trying to make a deal. Haven’t been able to make one…. Yet.

technom3 likes this.
  8. BoulderFCar

Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I'm not going to get a good deal. MSRP and $600D&H. I'm sure the discounts will increase in the next 6 months but I like the truck and don't feel like the hassle of having to go somewhere else for $1000 off. We'll see how it goes when I actually try to buy it....

9. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    #9 LARRYH, Jul 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    On the F150 ask for X PLAN pricing thats friends and family pricing in my area just about everyone gets that since we used to have a ford plant here…it would amount to maybe 4 or 5 k off list price and does not cost the dealer anything just have to ask for it …we bought two F150s in the
    last couple of months using X plan

10. adc

adc Karting

Feb 1, 2009
    You can join Mustang.org and get Xplan PIN for Ford. I think you would need a digital plan for $35.00. Or, if you own over $1000 of Ford stock-you can get Xplan PIN from Ford. I understand it is a bit of a pain.

I just got 22 F250 Plat Tremor after 10 month wait but may sell that and order 2023 F-150 when the order banks open.

Texas Forever, LARRYH and BoulderFCar like this.
  11. BoulderFCar

Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tom
  12. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    Looks great!! Congrats!

BoulderFCar likes this.
  13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    he wants a quality truck.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I'm keeping my 2012 so far, I'm not hearing the new generation is that much of an improvement, if at all. disappointing considering the last generation was so long in the tooth.

rampante550 and GatorFL like this.
  15. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Some wastegate problems right out of the gate which was disappointing.

rob lay likes this.
  16. BoulderFCar

Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Thank you. I like it more than I thought I would. I really started wanting a Tundra and I like them but I just couldn't pay the premium or pull the trigger. To me, the F150 just fits better. Strangly, I like the previous edition Tundra better. Really subjective I know. Aprox $72K out the door including all the BS and 3%NC tax.

Highs-
    -Great dealer experience although I paid list plus a free bed mat. I didn't have to travel though, nice guys that knew the options and I was in and out in 20 minutes.
    - Much better audio than I expected. The B&O system sounds good.
    - Comfortable seats
    - Really good low noise HVAC and ventilated seats.
    - the infotainment screen is really quick and is easy to work with. Range Rover is that you?
    - The whole truck is quiet.

Lows-
    - I'm sure they'll be selling for $5-10K less than I paid in 6 months.
    - I really like a "wheel" of some type like my BMW's for infotainment. Pretty much everything on this is on the touch screen so it always in gunky looking.
    - Be VERY careful if you're buying one remotely. Due to chip snafus some come through without start/stop ( good for me) but some don't have Sirius which is odd in a $70K truck. Who knows what is in and out on other ones.
    - The native nav system is odd in that it's included for 3 years and then the screen goes dead if you don't pay $90/yr. Seems weird.
    - It's still jiggly. Much less so than my F350 but still wiggles a little.

One day into but I'd do it again.
    Option list below. You can see the start/stop delete.

LARRYH, rob lay and GatorFL like this.
  17. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Interested in why it is you don’t love it, as I’ve been considering one as my next truck. What about it do you not like?

18. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

Air down those rear tires that'll help

BoulderFCar and Thecadster like this.
  19. yudkib

yudkib Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2020
    No one likes the infotainment knobs but me and you. I’ve come to terms that my S3 will probably be the last car I own with one. Only Mazda is fighting the good fight these days last I knew - even BMW has integrated touch on the screens, so you know the knob is on borrowed time.

BoulderFCar likes this.
  20. BoulderFCar

Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tom
    2 weeks with the F150 as a daily driver-

It's been a while since I've had a full sized pick up and like many I wanted one for a variety of reasons I could rationalize. A few reactions after two weeks on the road-

- It's big and approaching a pain in the ass in a town like Asheville that has tighter streets and spaces than many. If you worry about one being big to drive compared to an X5, GLE or even a Tahoe, your concerns on well founded.

- I like the size on the Interstate. It's stable and quiet.

- The 3.5 EcoBoost with the 10 speed is the best powertrain IMO. Really well sorted and plenty of power. To me, it feels more powerful than the Tundra off the bottom and I think the F150 is lighter too. Could be both things. The 10 speed doesn't hunt or lag. Finally, they work well.

- Still jiggly. It's not bad but if you're expecting the suspension refinement of a a German SUV tone the expectations down.

- I get about 20MPG on the road and have averaged 16MPG mostly city which I think is pretty good. I absolutely love the 36 gallon extended tank.

- Great HVAC. It just works and works well as opposed to my new X5 that's always trying to outsmart me when I start it.

- The flat floor in the back is better than ever. The last pick-up I had was an F350 and the F150 has a flatter bigger floor in the back.

- I love the interior of the F150. It's not material quality like a big body German but the cubbies and utility is fantastic. The console that folds to a workspace is clever as hell.

- First time I've had a power tailgate and it's fantastic. No clue how well the fancy power tailgates with built in steps and GM's cut out will last. I'm concerned about rolling a touring bike on a ramp over the tailgate. I'll find out next week.

- The utility is still exceptional. I had to haul some granite counter tops and didn't got through the hassle of hooking up a trailer.

- For me, full size is the only way to go even though it's full sized. Better motors and when you need the interior and exterior space you need it.

I'm glad I bought it.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

NbyNW, arizonaitalian and technom3 like this.
  21. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Great looking truck, well optioned. I got my first truck 8 months ago, shopping took some time, but there were discounts out there (we have only 1 small dealer that had no inventory and high prices near me, so I had to shop nationally). Lots of BS/Lies out there, but did end up finding a one with "close enough" options for $5k under MSRP.

One question, I like the Ford's so nothing behind the question beyond hoping to learn...

Why go with the Ford over the RAM 1500?

22. wahoowa

wahoowa F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2008
    _East Coast_
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Rob, in the unlikely event you hadn't researched , that double din radio can be swapped out for some really really cool tech. Basically bringing you "2022 current" from a infotainment perspective.

I'm a curmudgeon but that 5.7 platform is freakin' awesome!

rob lay likes this.
  23. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Im happy with my 2015 5.7 Tundra.
    In 60k miles besides tires and brakes Ive done the shocks, the vehicle drives as it did when new.

There is no doubt that the Ford steers and drives better, more lux.
    The Tundra though feels like it would last forever.

The only reason I see to get a new truck is fuel economy and maybe better seats/steering, but I dont daily the truck anyway and it will run just fine on regular.
    Yeah a ford would be a more comfy ride, but somehow at 60-100k I think youl be looking for anew truck, whereas the old Tundra i expect will happliy go to 200k just as it is.

What makes the new Tundra so special?

rampante550 and BoulderFCar like this.
  24. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    Its not. I don't recommend trading for it.

arizonaitalian likes this.
  25. BoulderFCar

Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Good question and I don't have a great answer. I've had 4 F250/350's in a row and it was probably harder to break the brand than I'd like to admit. Also, my wife liked the F150 because the controls more closely matched the other Ford pick ups. For her, how the switches work is a very sticky thing.

IIRC you got a diesel RAM that was a great color of dark blue? Hope it's working out well.