If we have the money : $3M rare Enzo or the upcoming $3M T.50 ? | Page 17 | FerrariChat

If we have the money : $3M rare Enzo or the upcoming $3M T.50 ?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by elmadi, Aug 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Heavy? They are claiming around 1200 kg and it's power/weight is far superior to that of the T50.

2. rmolke85

rmolke85 Formula Junior

Mar 11, 2013
    Yes that’s the CLAIM. Evidently AM chose some cost savings/weight additive and supply chain/vendor shuffles and they will be seeing 1500kg. Look at the AMG One. It’s no different.

There is a reason the weight is so important to race cars. It’s hard to translate to Super Car able to be registered for the road.

3. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Is that 1500 kg claim verified? I find it very hard to believe, given Newey's attention to detail and the level of engineering that has gone into the Valkyrie. The AMG One is a different beast altogether. Much bigger and heavier batteries. At any rate. customer Valkyries are already on the road, so it won't be long now till we get the truth.

Boomhauer likes this.
  4. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    1400kg is the stated weight in the logbook from what I hear, either way they didn't get anywhere near their intended figure. further into the project lots of materials were changed for heavier but cheaper versions as costs etc were getting out of hand.

i'm not aware of any Valks that are in customers hands as all (or at least an extremely high majority) have refused delivery as the car isn't working correctly as present - as to how far they are away in finishing ironing out the various problems, I don't know

the track version only version of it is working fine though, it is simply a less complicated machine

the t50 is the only car I actually trust to make the claimed weight

5. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    I would guess SP3 does weigh way more than 1000 over GMA. I put my TdF on scales and it was 3,800 lbs with half a tank, lifters, hi-fi, full carbon, alcantara. If I had to guess
    SP3 is in the same weight vicinity as TdF.

6. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
  7. rmolke85

rmolke85 Formula Junior

Mar 11, 2013

Fan cars work, fan cars are fast!!

Woppum and elmadi like this.
  8. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
  9. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
  10. rmolke85

rmolke85 Formula Junior

Mar 11, 2013
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

A total failure. Didn’t even get the thing sub 3000lbs, you drive in a coffin, and the gearbox is so whinny it’s unbearable to drive. These new HyperCars are a joke In my view. 127in wheelbase!!!! What the hell is this thing for anyway?

Twosherpaz and elmadi like this.
  11. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I’ll take one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

willcrook and Boomhauer like this.
  12. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Do they seriously have a wiper right in the middle of the windshield all the time? Worst design solution ever

13. rmolke85

rmolke85 Formula Junior

Mar 11, 2013
    I’d TAKE one too.

The CGT is miles better in every way, 107.5 wheelbase tiny in comparison.

The fact that AM ditched Newey midstream, and didn’t hit any of his targets, means its a failed project that got completed on a budget. You signed up 6 yrs ago for a Newey designed car at 1000kg and got a watered down version that’s having trouble completing development. It seems like a tough one to swallow. Same with the AMG One.

Twosherpaz and plastique999 like this.
  14. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Next Ferrari hypercar is the real deal.
    Being able to build a competitive Formula One car isn’t enough to design a polyvalent road hypercar.

15. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Since when is a 1300 kg (dry), 1150 HP hypercar a failure? It should outrun everything out there around a circuit. Weight is just a number; what matters is how a car feels and performs. The SF90 Stradale was weighed by Evo magazine at 1740 kg (with a full tank of fuel), which corroborates the claimed weight of 1570 dry, and is breaking lap and acceleration records left and right!!! Also what is wrong with the wheelbase? Formula 1 cars have a wheelbase of more than 3.5 metres! A long wheelbase gives superior stability and cornering in quick bends. It also allows better aero, as there is a longer floor, to accommodate the ground effect tunnels. The car is amazing (of course remains to be tested, but there is no reason for it not to deliver), you seem to have some sort of beef with it...

willcrook and Boomhauer like this.
  16. rmolke85

rmolke85 Formula Junior

Mar 11, 2013
    Street cars are now too big with loads of electronics/and therefore they feel like video games. That’s cool but there’s a reason people pay $100s thousands for a lighter weight any era 911 these days.

I guess I finally feel like it truly is a dying art that will not make it to the future. Try as they might, they could not make the original intentions pan out. And if you think weight isn’t important then why does every F1 team fight for grams?

Many of these current cars might have trouble becoming collectibles as they deteriorate and the expense to redo them is unknown. Too complicated and too big to be considered toys. They feel giant, they go fast straight, they can’t do normal backroad driving well visibility sucks. As a track car they make much more sense.

There’s many reasons a Mac F1 is $15m and mostly because it’s the antithesis to almost everything after it. Especially these newer gadgets.

I could get after a Le Mans Ferrari hypercar for the street if they do it. At least it will have racing cred like a new Ford GT. F40s also went racing and they are the only one of the supercar series to do so.

17. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    More as a collectable, than a driving tool. Old 911 are notorious for their poor handling.

Perhaps the original intentions were unrealistic. It also has nothing to do with a lost art, it has everything to do with regulations and requirements of 2022, as opposed to 1982.

I didn't say it's not important, I said that it's just one of the parameters and that despite the weight, modern supercars are much more capable than older, lighter cars.

I beg to differ. On some British B road, they do feel wide, but that's always been the case. On some wider roads, they are great.

Rarity and cult status. A 250 GTO is 50 million and as a car it is crap compared to today's cars. Market price has nothing to do with the technical merits of a car.

Boomhauer likes this.
  18. rmolke85

rmolke85 Formula Junior

Mar 11, 2013
    #418 rmolke85, Jul 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    If GMA gets a fully federally US legal car done at 2400lbs with todays technology then everything you just said is moot.

It’s a lost art still achievable but tough to do because of corporate mandates. A miura didn’t need to be so small, but that’s why they are considered some of the best looking cars ever. We only really needed supercars. HyperCars are somewhat useless because the limits are so high and they are too big for a lot of places. It’s just fact.

Mac F1 is a watershed moment for supercars on so many levels it’s not funny. Even though it’s lucky win and time for Le Mans, it did it. First overall, that’s not insignificant in showing it’s technical merits and achievements in period. I’m pretty sure that goes the same for the 250 GTO in being a sports car, not a prototype hypercar. They are the better road cars used in racing, will always trade higher. Hypercars try to be prototype race cars and it usually doesn’t translate well to the street.

john a barnes likes this.
  19. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The GMA is a much smaller car. It might as well be a more usable road car than the Valkyrie, but it certainly won't be as quick or as extreme to drive.

day355 likes this.
  20. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    even as a failure the valk is still light and will perform extremely well

Boomhauer and rmolke85 like this.
  21. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    At this point any owners who receive the cars should be happy enough, regardless of the targets. I would not want to be a deposit-placer for an AML vehicle past this year: https://karenable.com/aston-martin-the-stroll-era-how-does-it-end/

22. rmolke85

rmolke85 Formula Junior

Mar 11, 2013
    In the end it looks like GMA will pull of what had been billed to me as simply impossible, from some really credible folk. 12,000 revs and actually street-able. Aston seems to have proven it’s hard to integrate fantastic hardware and software into a seamless package.

After seeing the Blue car go hard at Goodwood and driven on the road with the Mac F1s on tour it’s apparent that the art IS still alive and in the correct hands for the moment.

Just remember many of the GREATEST artists throughout history created their best works late in life. Gordon is at the top of the game right now in engineering road cars, super/hyper whatever.

willcrook and elmadi like this.
  23. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    Same here :)

24. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011