The end of Ferrari, as we know it | Page 17 | FerrariChat

The end of Ferrari, as we know it

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by johnk..., Jun 16, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    The Stinger does pretty well

paulchua and Jaguar36 like this.
  2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

Really? What about the Pista? Better in every way - looks, performance, exclusiveness and can be driven regularly without issue.

paulchua likes this.
  3. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO

The Pista does not have the famous dual rear tail lights, and besides the Pista and the F8 share the same motor, so I say, the F8 is the better machine . No way is the Pista Better looking. The F8 is the best looking Ferrari since the aforementioned , its that simple, as I always say . other wise it looks the same as the 488 as well as the ass end of a 458 , which is not a bad thing, just not the F8 .One other item, I dont want my Ferrari to be named something that sounds like a plate of pasta, good grief lol Stupid name, what kind of drugs were the brass at Ferrari on when they named it that ?

Thank you

4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Classic case of what I have is best. No comparison in anyone else's mind that is semi objective.

5. 695

695 Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2021
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Chris
    You may think it is ugly, but as they explain in the walk through of the car with Max Chilton, it's basically a LMP2/LMP1 car that is road legal.

You can not be into fast cars and race cars and not want to try this car, just because it is electric? Having a car that you can use on the road and also track on Silverstone at LMP1 speeds - of course you can drive slower if you are not comfortable at those speeds :)

6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    ddrewesusa and Shorn355 like this.
  7. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    It's completely ridiculous on the open road, unless you're excited to put your life in danger and that of others at the same time.
    Wanting 2000 hp when 90% of drivers don't already know how to use 500 is nonsense !

8. 695

695 Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2021
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Chris
    :) It's 1.000 hp with 2000 kg of active downforce at 0 mph. The SF90, the Tesla Plaid and the Lucid Air has 1.000 hp but not the downforce, so which is more safe? On public road you still have to follow speed restrictions as you do in any car.

And you do know that 90% of the general public would say exactly the same as you just did for all cars with more than 500 hp, right?

paulchua and Boomhauer like this.
  9. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    I tried so hard but I can’t feel absolutely no excitement for an electrified car..
    Like an unnatural behavior.

Shark01, JTSE30 and day355 like this.
  10. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross

Sad to see IMO.

jpalmito and Shark01 like this.
  11. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    My only problem with EV cars is the market should make this decision, not government clerks.

12. 695

695 Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2021
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Chris
    So no regulation on tobacco and drugs either?

What the market want short term does not always align with long term viability, sometime it is even in direct opposition.

paulchua likes this.
  13. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    That's not a valid comparison. My point is various government clerks are mandating the end of ICE vehicles. The market place needs to make this decision.

JTSE30 and 695 like this.
  14. 695

695 Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2021
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I understand what you are saying, but the market will never take global warming and the need to reduce CO2 emissions into account, as well as the market would never take misuse of prescription drugs into account. You actually have a greater chance of impacting what is happening with government decisions than you do with market forces.

Boomhauer and EnzoItaly like this.
  15. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    IMHO the market will decide… against $6 gasoline, smog tests, leaking engines, and major services. Yes, car enthusiasts will miss the sounds of a big heavy V12 or the flat six, but most people want to skip the pumps forever and get less familiar with their mechanics.

Most car buyers are not us. And they will happily buy an EV that covers 0-60 in sub 3 seconds.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Boomhauer and Texas Forever like this.
  16. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    This is the difference between you and I. Being a native American and a adopted Texan (I've only been here 45 years), one of my core beliefs is the government screws up everything it touches. There are no exceptions to this rule. Government clerks and politicians can screw up a wet dream. :cool:

17. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    My guess is my next car/SUV daily driver will be a EV. We get a lot of sun at my Texas home. If I can put solar panels on the roof and use this to recharge a battery and, thus, a EV, I'll do it in a heartbeat. I could care less about 0-60 in my daily driver.

However, I will hang on to my ICE sport cars until they prey my dead cold fingers off the steering wheel. :eek:

plastique999, 695 and Bullfighter like this.
  18. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    92,955,807 miles from the sun
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    Since you stated this it got me thinking about what is needed to do so. It looks a little crazy but here is an article discussing how many panels are needed to charge a Tesla:

https://thegreenwatt.com/how-many-solar-panels-to-charge-a-tesla/

G. Pepper and Texas Forever like this.
  19. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    ddrewesusa and 695 like this.
  20. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    For the 40%+ of the population with no regular overnight parking situation that will ever include ability to charge, I think they will be completely against as well, not to mention the very premium pricing for most EVs, way out of reach...

21. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Pricing for computers, cell phones and flat screen televisions was also way out of reach. I wouldn’t hold Porsche, Audi or Tesla as affordability benchmarks. Costs come down.

For those without private garages, charging may be done at the office, or via battery swap stations. This really isn’t as complicated as trucking flammable liquid around the country and having everyone dispense it into their own vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

paulchua, 695 and Shorn355 like this.
  22. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    I’m partial to the Unica
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

paulchua likes this.
  23. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    > The Pista is the track focused 488
    > Pista is track in Italian

ginoBBi512, Boomhauer and 695 like this.
  24. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    THOSE arguments and rationale are valid and I tend to agree- I just don't want EV buyers telling me their buying one to save the planet- just admit you want one- for many of the intelligent reasons you articulated- :cool:

Boomhauer and 695 like this.
  25. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Believe me I am not an EV proponent but the home charging thing is a weak argument- as I can attest when I brought that up when having a friendly argument with one of my EV proponent friends who simply asked me if I had a gas pump in my garage..... I bought the next round :rolleyes:

paulchua and 695 like this.