SCHUMACHER | FerrariChat

SCHUMACHER

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ginoBBi512, Jul 3, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    I watched the MS documentary again on Netflix tonight, if you have not seen it, you should watch it. Mika and Alonso were some great competition while he was at Ferrari. In any event, God hands his talent out to very few, Im glad MS was one of them .

Thank you

Texas Forever and jpalmito like this.
  2. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    This Schumacher documentary is very fair I have to say.
    We can’t say the same about the Senna documentary unfortunately.

3. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    It is excellent. Every time I see Mick Schumacher’s photo on the F1 coverage it takes me back.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Dane and ginoBBi512 like this.
  4. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    What was wrong with the senna documentary? I take it you didn't like the coverage of alain prost?

5. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

It was a good watch... But they could have done so much more!

6. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Of course,
    Not the true story between the two drivers.
    One sided documentary to make money.

7. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    It's out now?! I'll have to look for it tonight. Thanks!

8. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I loved it. I don't think putting alain down increased the amount of money made.

It was an amazing documentary based on how it was made and how they strung all of the video content into a seemless movie. It was absolutely beautifully made. One of the best documentaries of all time. The skill it took to put that together using 99% period footage is unbelievable

Shorn355 and audi_328 like this.
  9. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I saw it months ago on Netflix. Maybe it comes and goes…

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Oh, might be a different one. I heard there is a new one coming out that his family consulted on, shedding some light on his accident and life since.

11. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Could be… I’ll search Netflix. The one I saw covered his career and the accident. It was remarkable.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Shorn355 likes this.
  12. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Sorry not my opinion.
    For instance the Senna lap inboard in Monaco was said to be done in 1988 but in fact it was 1990.
    Amateurish I would said.
    The complex relationship between Prost and Senna is totally ignored.
    Absolutely no reference to the last six months before Ayrton’s death when he called every week Prost to chat about the Williams or the last weekend in Imola when he said to Prost « to my friend Alain, I miss you .. »
    A shame.

13. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Having one onboard photoafr from the wrong year is the complaint?

Yes they should have shown that but I think you are making it a bigger deal than it is. It was obvious to me that they had a bond.

Also if you think senna is bad... Then don't watch the Schumacher documentary. You want to talk about stuff left out? Hahahahahahaha

14. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Piquet (who is in the news for something else recently) when asked who was the better driver, him or Senna?

He responded, "I'm Alive"

Stay classy old man...

I'm starting to understand why so many people hate Piquet. Can you imagine the things he says in private if this is what Piquet proudly says in public?

HotShoe and Ira Schwartz like this.
  15. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    I love Senna as a driver.
    But everything is not black or white isn’t it ?
    Raw truth is always better than fairy tales.

16. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    #16 ginoBBi512, Jul 5, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    No one in F1 s history can equate to what Senna did in an F1 car, except MS on occasion , you have to remember Senna was kicking everyone s asses in a 3 peddle car, in the rain, and once in a car stuck in 6 th gear , thats what makes Senna a 4 TIME WORLD CHAMP, PROST IS A PUNK, HE AND THAT FROG THAT WAS RUNNING F1 WERE ****ING CHEATERS, SENNA DROVE HIS CAR THROUGH THE BREAK DOWN area LIKE HE WAS SUPPOSE TO, AND THEY DISQUALIFIED HIM AT AT THE JAPANESE GRAND PRIX, SUCH ******** . MS took his last 4 titles in the sterile era , in the end, he had no competition whatsoever. Senna was even beating the computer controlled car that Williams was running , while he was still at McClaren, so yes, Senna is and always will be the absolute best F1 driver that ever walked the face of the Earth .Schumi was great , Senna was in a class all by himself, its that simple.Why was Prost not disqualified when he deliberately turned into Senna , the same way MS did to JV , another punk move by the two Frogs .The same as when they moved poll to the dirty side of the track, good grief . Senna did not listen to Gods small still voice that day in April 1994 at Imola, telling him to sit this one out, and that got him killed.

Thank you ,

chekraze likes this.
  17. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The Schumacher doc on Netflix had his family's approval and help, but is quite lacking. Very very few if any interviews with Rubens Barrichello for instance, which is ridiculous as they were teammates for a long time when he was dominant, and a truly non-biased view of MS would have at least shed some light on his clear position as #1 driver and ruthless tactics. A *very* generous portrayal of MS, almost like a living eulogy. I thought it needed a lot more.

18. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I'm still concerned about your unwillingness and inability to express your thoughts and feelings on matters :D:p

chekraze, jpalmito and ginoBBi512 like this.
  19. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    I just finished it, and this echo's my thoughts.

I thought a whole lot was left out, it should have been a multiple-part doc. Still very good and a fitting tribute to the driver and man he is.

20. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Gino is by far my favorite FChatter. Every post is riveting, has me on the edge of my seat. I literally click on every post started by Gino, and he never disappoints!

ginoBBi512 likes this.
  21. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    24 hour ban, offensive post.

22. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    wow, if true that is really nasty and pathetic.

paulchua and Ira Schwartz like this.
  23. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO

My apologies , I promise to keep my " dont be an idiot " filter on , and thanks for only the 1 day ban .

Thank you ,

24. ScreaminRevs

ScreaminRevs Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    You actually echoed what Derek Daly would say quite often on TV broadcasts, ginoBB. I live by the mantra If it's true then it's not racist. Those who were offended by said remarks should look to themselves and ponder the reasoning.

ginoBBi512 likes this.
  25. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Well, Im guilty of letting me emotions get the best of me, with that being said, like in my other posts, I feel a connection with Senna. I could never have dealt with the FIAs and Prosts ******** as good as he did, now mind you, I do like Prost, he was a good driver, but he knew Senna was better, and he had to cheat to try and get over on him, and the FIA pres co signed his cheating. Hell , now they are giving out drive through penalties like its going out of style for Gods sake , to many rules I think. I wonder what would happen if F1 went back to , whatever team had the right formula to win , within a small amount of guidelines , one being no electronic suspensions, build your car however your team sees fit , just like the good old days, which teams would be on top ?

Thank you