2200 mile road trip in our 599 | FerrariChat

2200 mile road trip in our 599

Discussion in '612/599' started by GasAdams, Jul 6, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GasAdams

GasAdams Rookie

Jun 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Gas Adams
    My wife and I just got back from our 2200 mile trip from Colorado to Wisconsin and back in our 599. What a great car! It performed flawlessly. Here's what I learned:

• I've had the car for a couple years now, but only did day trips and a couple track events. I've always wanted to do something longer.
    • The car is so comfortable and just eats up the miles. The cabin has plenty of room and the seats have enough adjustment for at least 8 hours of driving.
    • The AC is fantastic!
    • Obviously, the car is fast. With everyone driving 90mph across Nebraska and Iowa, it was nice to be able to still jump around cars when I wanted.
    • I was worried about breakdowns so I packed the storage under the trunk with oil, spare belts and some tools. I didn't need any of them.
    • I only had 1/32 left on the tires before I hit the wear indicators, so I bought new MPSS's. I figured a blown tire in Nebraska or Iowa would be a disaster.
    • My car is usually very clean...which I had to get over. There are a lot of really big bugs in Wisconsin.
    • I got a solid 18mpg. I think it got better the faster I went.
    • It burned no oil at all.
    I'm thrilled with the 599 and hope you are able to enjoy yours on a road trip.
    -Gas
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Gas- Looks great with the GTO wheels and grille. Sounds like a fun trip.

3. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

That is fantastic, congratulations! It looks like you have the right wheels on the car for such a trip.

4. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    One of the greatest road trips I've ever taken was my 2000 mile road trip in my 599 last year!!! (I have the thread documented with pics here)
    The car is absolutely fantastic and I a b s o l u t e l y regret selling mine......(but it was for a good cause!)

George Vosburgh likes this.
  5. FerrariFinally

FerrariFinally Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Fantastic trip.

And car does look sharp with gto wheels/grill and front air dam!