575 xenon headlight bulbs | FerrariChat

575 xenon headlight bulbs

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by paulsantoni, Jul 8, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulsantoni

paulsantoni Rookie

Jan 30, 2007
    Glasgow; Scotland UK
    Full Name:
    paul santoni
    Can anyone confirm what is the exact xenon bulb for dipped beam please? I know there are three types of that kind and wonder which specific one is for the 575.

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  3. paulsantoni

paulsantoni Rookie

Jan 30, 2007
    Glasgow; Scotland UK
    Full Name:
    paul santoni
    It is the Xenon dipped beam bulb I need

4. race4s

race4s Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    Hudson Valley
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Taz - would you know if this part, the parking light decorative that’s circled, be available for purchase without buying an entire light?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Probably not. Ferrari only wants to sell you the entire headlight. Does not show separately in the parts catalog.

race4s likes this.
  6. docapl

docapl Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
  7. paul328

paul328 Formula Junior

May 5, 2009
    Scotland UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Santoni
    thanks for that. I wondered if they were the 2 S

When we took the headlamp apart to check why the bulb cut out occasionally we could not see how to remove the bulbs. We cleaned up the connectors etc. Can you explain how the bulbs are changed?

8. docapl

docapl Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Paul - If the headlight sometimes does not come or dims and brightens, the problem is likely your ballast. The same ballast was used in several non-Ferrari models and can be sourced on ebay without buying the whole headlight assembly. That was the problem I had with my car. By switching the ballast from right to left you can confirm. It took me a while to figure out how to access but it is actually very simple after you have done it once. Unplug the ballast power cable and remove the holder clip. Next remove the fasteners I marked. There is one more black hexed one similar to the one in the picture which you can't see. Then you can undo the black plastic housing and get access. Follow the wire from the ballast to the bulb and undo the spring clip to get the bulb out. Hope this helps!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ferrari55whoa and Konadog06 like this.
  9. paulsantoni

paulsantoni Rookie

Jan 30, 2007
    Glasgow; Scotland UK
    Full Name:
    paul santoni
    Brilliant. Thanks for that.