2015 California T: Battery change | FerrariChat

2015 California T: Battery change

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by CBoal Cali T, Jul 9, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CBoal Cali T

CBoal Cali T Rookie

Jul 9, 2022
    Full Name:
    Conor Boal
    Hello all,

My family's California T has been a little bit neglected and left (without the Ferrari trickle charger) for about 2 months so there is absolutely no surprise in the fact that she's dead.

I have:
    - Tried three different chargers - all will not begin their "cycle" as the battery only has 1.3v
    - Tried jump starting it - which is probably not the best idea, but hey ho.

And have concluded that a new battery is probably best even if I can get her running, as it will probably just die again due to the OEM batteries being far from the best/now 7 years old.

Long story short: the battery looks fairly complex (fuse buttons/box on top of it and so on) does anyone have any experience in changing the battery on a Cali T? Is it something that a semi knowledgeable - ISH person could do safely, or is it a legit garage job?

I would just get it taken to a dealer, but I live on the Isle of Man so that is not an option.

Thanks a lot.

2. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    #2 Redneck Slim, Jul 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
    There is at least one thread here that shows how to change your battery. You will have to search. It is not a big deal. Your Owner's Manual should show how to deal with the minor electronic issues involved. Consider getting a quality lithium battery like a Braille i49CS.

CBoal Cali T likes this.
  3. CBoal Cali T

CBoal Cali T Rookie

Jul 9, 2022
    Full Name:
    Conor Boal
  4. spaghetti_jet

spaghetti_jet Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2005
    Europa
    Full Name:
    Bob