Oil pressure on my 91 Testarossa | FerrariChat

Oil pressure on my 91 Testarossa

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Clubisolation, Jun 30, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Clubisolation

Clubisolation Rookie

Jun 23, 2022
    Full Name:
    J.B.
    Looking for a quick answer as to if this is something that needs immediate attetion or not.

Day two with my "new" 1991 Testarossa. All seems to work well, the engine doesn't really "launch" very well when cold, seems to sort of just barely make it, but about 10 seconds later it seems to purr along just fine. One thing i noticed is the oil pressure gauge is almost zero when at idle, and it gets to about 40% under RPM's when revving, and then it sits around 55% when driving along at 50 miles per hour. Once the car is at idol again it falls of back to near zero, maybe 5%. is this normal for this car? or is that a warning sign?

All else seems great, outside of some cosmetic sort of stuff. The floor of the car on the driver's side sort of "gives way" a small bit when stepping into the car, but all looks ok. I assume the metal has just sort of warn out over the years of someone placing their weight in that same exact spot when getting in and out, etc... anyone else had that?

2. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Engine issues sound fine.
    Floor issue is unknown to me.

3. Clubisolation

Clubisolation Rookie

Jun 23, 2022
    Full Name:
    J.B.
    yea, the floor right where you might step into the car on the driver side sort of “pops” in and out, like a piece of sheetmetal which is flexing, etc. which I’m sure is what it is. Not sure if I can fix that or not though. Not a huge problem

4. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    #4 Mr.Chairman, Jul 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
    I would love to see how you get in the car. How are you stepping in the car unless your really short. You my friend are part of the bolster wear problem and your probably yanking on the steering wheel. To save the seats and your neck get in old lady style. Ass first then swing legs in. Launching the car when cold is a big mistake and your right, the car does not like it. Foreplay brother... Play with her first before you start romping. The gear box requires some finesse when cold and it doesnt take too long to get her worked up and ready. A mile or two the most. Oil pressure sounds fine.

I cant believe I'm still thinking about how you get in the car.. lol

R

5. technik1

technik1 Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Gus Technik
    Also check you seat rail bolts. If they’re loose the seat frame will have some play ;)

6. Clubisolation

Clubisolation Rookie

Jun 23, 2022
    Full Name:
    J.B.
    This is the driver side seat bolsters. It seems off to the side, but the seat is comfortable the way it is. And I’m 6.2. So not on the short side. And even so, the Testarossa is a pretty darn great driving car!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login