Taken Off Market - 1997 Ferrari 355 GTS - Gated. 5775 miles - 98% original | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Taken Off Market 1997 Ferrari 355 GTS - Gated. 5775 miles - 98% original

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by carnutdallas, Jul 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #51 carnutdallas, Jul 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    Like I said, everyone has a$$ho!es and opinions. I generally try to own and buy two of everything when I can. When I can afford one 355, why not buy another? A driver and a collectible. Just an opinion.

I sold one of the most expensive GTB cars in late summer 2019. Car is very rare spec 1999. US VIN delivered through Dubai. So it came to USA with factory roll bar, uprated brakes, tailor made interior - prior to Tailor Made. Fabulously nice car. Sold at BJ in 2008 for under $60k! Under 7k miles!!!! Car had 7 owners per CARFAX. I found 4 legit, I made 5 - dealers had to transfer titles, etc. I sold the car for $145k, net $138 to me after consignment commission. That was nearly a record. Cars black leather seats were dry. Due for service by time - 3 years - bull$hitz. Only had 1000 miles. All kinds of records. I had to immediately replace steering rack - it leaked in transport when I bought. I had an GTSF1 to drive so it was parked. Took to a couple shows. Gorgeous car.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

The new owner at $145k, completely Xpel coated the car. Full service. Sits in the middle of his collection. Car is $400k today. Billionaire owner has zero interest in selling. I tried to buy back in the under $300k days. He does not drive it, should still be under 10k miles today. I sold with 8800 miles.

This 5775 mile GTS is considerably nicer. No uprated specs. But has zero issues. Driving it may have issues? But don’t drive on 100 degree days. Let it warm up. Owners manual says inspect timing belt at 50k miles :) It has had oil changes. AC still cold.

A$$holz for every seats. All opinions. Mine could be really wrong. I tell you what. I will sell my 35k mile 1997 Spider Gated - New clutch, just out of Boardwalk Ferrari with clean bill of health. Everything working as it should. Drive it regularly. Major in last 5 years and a few thousand miles. Both cars $625k. That solves the conundrum. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith Collins and Closingtime like this.
  2. F129b

F129b Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    oc, calif.
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Love it
    Interested to see if someone brings all the $$ !!

carnutdallas likes this.
  3. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Not driving your Ferrari is like saying "I'm not going to have sex with my girlfriend because I'm saving her for the next guy".

DeltaHF_2, iMrMark, JohnnyTT and 2 others like this.
  4. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    OP has 2 girlfriends.

5. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I have 3 ;-)

6. C'dwic

C'dwic Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2021
    France
    Little question without interest, concerning the various rubber seals which over time crack or no longer have their elasticity... can you reassure us today about their effectiveness? Because even a very pretty woman must logically get ready with time

7. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I am thinking you never talk to the pretty women? LOL, but seriously….

If you worry about everyone’s past, present and future, then you spend all your time worrying and not enjoying. My 35k mile Spider has been serviced and enjoyed. As stated above, it came out of Boardwalk Ferrari 5 months ago with a clean bill of health. I had to replace two hoses soon after. This GTS has no leaks that I am aware of. I start regularly and bring to temp. I jack it up on the rear bumper and run it backwards so transmission gets to temp. Good thing I don’t have a glass garage and a d!k head father to make me want to kick the car. Appreciate the Zero Interest.

Happy Independence Day.

8. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Formula 3

Oct 24, 2006
    Highway to Hell
    Love your passion, carnutdallas, but I do have you beat, maybe by just a nose, but beat nonetheless for the BEST 355 GTS in existence...Hope collectors continue to stalk these and that $500k becomes a new benchmark price

carnutdallas likes this.
  9. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Life is Awesome! And opportunity is always around the corner. Taking Offers. Car will go on eBay, Autotrader and Cars.com soon. Want it to stay in this community. I know what I GOT! But my big number will be for someone else to enjoy. PM me with offers. I will gladly give out my telephone number to talk. Cheers!

Closingtime likes this.
  10. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Ah but your left foot will fall asleep!! :) :)

technom3 and carnutdallas like this.
  11. Closingtime

Closingtime Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Apr 1, 2020
    Good luck with the sale! She's a beauty. Let us know which site leads to the eventual sale.

12. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Guys there is definitely a chance this sells for $500K , the good news is Christmas is coming soon, and if Santa Clause is shopping for a 355 this year maybe he'll give $500K for this one. @carnutdallas i kid i kid..hehehe

cgt000 and carnutdallas like this.
  13. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    :)

Santa has never left me coal. Maybe the generic version of toys every now and then. This one is the real deal, but full blown retail was always a starting point :)

14. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    FYI, I found a boat….

ShineKen likes this.
  15. C'dwic

C'dwic Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2021
    France
    A boat ? Don't buy that, i had 12 differents boats during 21 years .... I spent a lot of money, more than cars... With a Time pleasure smaller...on a boat you must always buy something... Using or not ...and 5 years later, your boat has no value...

16. C'dwic

C'dwic Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2021
    France
    Rent it, more interesting and much less expensive...

17. C'dwic

C'dwic Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2021
    France
    with a boat, you cry twice, you cry with joy at the purchase and the same when you part with it!

carnutdallas likes this.
  18. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I know…. But I want to do the Loop.

technom3 likes this.
  19. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Guy with 20 girlfriends.... Dies before noon on day three of not saving them for the next guy

20. jdlegg

jdlegg Karting

Dec 22, 2009
    Bryan
    Full Name:
    James D
    An old bumper sticker from the 70's....

If it flies, floats or f*cks - RENT IT! "Goes fast" also belongs on that list.

21. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Let’s keep the commentary only about this actual vehicle and do away with the non-related boating humor or other discussion. Those are considered bumps and are not allowed in the ad section. Take any pricing discussion or market direction to the 355 section. Thanks.

Robb

rampante550, C'dwic and carnutdallas like this.
  22. DeltaHF_2

DeltaHF_2 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 26, 2020
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Matthew C
    Absolutely amazing car. If not today, soon. The market will come for this car at the ask. Exceptional cars continue to appreciate.

carnutdallas likes this.
  23. BrianNYC14

BrianNYC14 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Brian E
    Very nice F355!

24. patina

patina Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2005
    Lake Norman, NC