Did I mention about my son's name? | FerrariChat

Did I mention about my son's name?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by urraco, Mar 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. urraco

urraco Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2004
    Mexiko
    Full Name:
    Nitram
    my wife & I are pregnant (6 months) and we've decided that if it's a boy will be called Jethro Enzo and if it's a girl she will be called America Miura. let me know what you F-peole think Am I going too far?

2. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

None of my business, but Jethro?

3. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Lol. No I don't think that's too far... but then again this comes from a guy who is trying to convince his wife that 'Vespasian' is a good name for a boy (Roman Emperor, a good general who took over from Nero and fixed the place - we'd call him Vespa for short!). Baby's due in Sept.

I like Roman (ie. Lucianus, Odysseus), Celtic (ie. Ronan) and Gaelic (Tiernan) names because they sound good with my surname, Alexander.

My wife thinks I'm a little wierd :D. I don't like plain and boring things, whether it be names or cars... I hope my kid can live with it. Maybe just a more regular middle name he can choose to go by later if he prefers.

4. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Urraco and Ryan,

Congrats to both of you on the upcoming joyous addition to the family. :)

Urraco,

"America" for a girl? I sort of cringe at that. Then again I am accustomed to seeing African American girls from Oakland, CA with names like "Mercedes" and "Lexus." :eek: To me America is a bit much for a girl.

Ryan,

Please do not name your kid Vespa. My parents were like you and gave me a first name that I cannot stand to live with. I do use my middle name, but first day of class Professors ALWAYS call you by your first name, so there is no escaping it. As I have gotten older, I have begun to accept it and it does not bother me anymore. But Vespa for short is just giving the kids in junior high and high school more ammunition, that will be used against your kid. I would go with whatever your wife says on this one ;)

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    True. One of my brokers named his two sons Win and Hero! He complains that they get harassed on a daily basis at school. Not a good thing.

Congrats as well!

DL

6. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Poor child... no offense.

7. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    No insult intended, but you are naming a human being, not a car or a rock group.

There are so many handsome and pretty names out there to choose from, too.

Jethro Enzo and America Miura are pretty bad choices for names.

8. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I think getting creative with middle names are ok, because most people don't use that, but first name is just trouble, like Darth mentioned.

Good luck with whatever you guys decide. :)

Also is a car board a good place to ask about your kid's names?

No offense intended, just opinion :)

9. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Yeah, with those names unless they're tough kids, that would work against them.

Ryan - point taken. What about Ronan? I really like that... I don't think it's too out there. It's obviously very similar to Conan, and from the same language...

The other option we joked to our relatives was to name him after my dad and grandpa: James Robert, but then call him Jim Bob! If we end up in the South that would go over really smoothly :)...

10. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

I am not very old and don't have a lot of life experience so take it for what it's worth. With MTV, early images of sex, pressures of fitting in, and such things, being a kid is a really tough thing these days. It seems to get harder and harder as time and technology moves on. One needs to decrease the pressure a kid faces growing up, and I think with a name the parent has a lot of say. I still think if parents want to be creative, they can do it with their kid's middle name. Also it is a name a person has to live with through the rest of their lives. I remember sitting in my room when I was 13-15 years old, hating my parents, wanting to legally change my name, but I could not afford the costs. It has impacted my life negatively, and I think I would have been able to enjoy my youth more had my middle name been my first name. There was lot of animosity I had as a kid because I did not have a "normal" name. If your kid is a good kid, no name will change that. If they are exceptional, they will stand out in a crowd anyways, a fancy name is not necessary. People with names like "Bill" "George" and other such common names have gone places ;) I guess the point I am trying to make is, please do give it some thought for the child. Sometimes sticking out is not what the kid wants.

Ryan, I like the name Ronan, its a very good name. :) Better than Vespa ;)

11. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Name him William Joseph Robert!

...billy joe bob.

12. RSraddo

RSraddo Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Battle Creek, MI
    Full Name:
    Kyle Davidson
    Creativity is great but god gave you the power to create children, be SOMEWHAT repsonsible with this power though. Those names are very odd and would provide for a difficult life. Let the poor kid have some dignity and give them an odd middle name :)

Kyle

13. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    Ok curious now. So what is your real first name?

14. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    You are joking right? No offense ... but JETHRO? C'mon. I think if you are also a Lambo fan, and it appears that you are the boy name should be Enzo Ferrucio and a girl should be Donatella (Versace) Rossa OR Milla Miglia

15. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Sorry, I forgot to say CONGRATS !!!

16. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2002
    Houston
    I agree with the others that America is a bit much.

FWIW, I think the coolest names are ones where the first and last name combine to take on another meaning. For example, my last name is Chen, and I alwasy thought it would be really cool to give my kids names like "Bit" and "Kit", so that when the whole name is pronounced, it will be "B!tchen" or "Kitchen".

"Hi, nice to meet you, I'm B!tchen." How cool would that be?

Okay, not really.

17. mondial85

mondial85 Karting

Sep 9, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Casey Slattery
    Id be pissed at my parents is my only thought.

18. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Yeah you are going too far. Just give the kid a normal name.

19. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Here is another one..... I knew a guy (growing up) named DORK!!!!!

DL

20. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I hate to say but I'd feel bad for a kid with either of those names.The jokes that he or she would endure would be horrible.I can see all kinds of Beverly Hillbillies jokes that the jethro name would produce.Do the kid a favor and give them a normal name they won't be ashamed of every time it's called out.I'm sorry to be so harsh but that's what's going to happen.

21. clokey

clokey Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You've got to think of the kid and not yourself here.

As a follow up to linking names, I always remember a friend back in my university days....he was from Malaysia and used all three of his names....still brings a smile to my face. His name was "Chung Kee Kock"

22. GDautosport

GDautosport Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    NJ
    hahaha, one of my friends knows a kid at his school named Kit Chan

23. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    Miura is a nice middle name, but after that I'm with the crowd. Middle names in general can be anything, but first names are important.

Name a girl 'Mondial' and she'll end up a topless dancer, right?

Ken

24. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #24 360CS, Mar 5, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. mondial85

mondial85 Karting

Sep 9, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Casey Slattery
    Quote:"Name a girl 'Mondial' and she'll end up a topless dancer, right?"

Ha! I actually think Mondial is kindof a pretty name. I think its Italian for world if I remember.