Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 213 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I wasn't the one talking nonsense about the car's weight.

2. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Is no one getting their SF90s and posting pics or is my App not working, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Congrats! Must be a blast!

4. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
  5. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    Congratulations, looks beautiful! How do you like it ?

6. MikeJF488

MikeJF488 Karting

Oct 6, 2018
    London
    Full Name:
    Mike joseph
    Thanks, hope you are still enjoying yours. I absolutely love it, the only thing I don’t like is the touch controls, no doubt I will get used to them but they seem quite tricky and unreliable to use.
    Do you find you have to really push your front trunk down hard to close it?

7. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    I am still obsessed with mine LOL. I feel he same about the touch controls but all of the physical buttons/controls are behind the steering wheel right at your fingertips and I always use them, pretty much every control button is there.

Yes, same on he front trunk, position the base of your palm right on the centre and push very firmly, it will close with no issues.

Enjoy it in the best of health.

8. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Was told the opposite on closing the Carbon Grunk on SF90 Stradale. Best to close not in the middle but with both hands on the lower sides and yes it needs to be firm. 2 early uk cars were found to have small kinks put down to closing in the middle like previous V8 Cars.. enjoy anyway…

9. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    The hinge is in the center:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

that would seem to be where the pressure needs to be applied, just not too much, gentle pressure will do...

cesman and Headsuppassinglft like this.
  10. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Yes I know where the hinge is, middle like all the ferraris I have owned.. for me I’m listening to the service manager and using pressure either side of the hinge with both hands..

11. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    I disagree with that person, that puts pressure on parts that can bend until the latch closes...simple physics to me...

but, wait, you initially said 'lower sides' (yellow x), now you write 'either side of the hinge/latch'(purple x) ..big difference:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Headsuppassinglft likes this.
  12. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Not going to get into this while at dinner on a Saturday night and I’m not skilled to draw stuff but no, your purple and yellow are not where I close. Complete extremes of where I close it. Call it between yellow and purple x and equal pressure both sides. Closes beautifully and exactly where I was shown.. no way this guy who knows my business to his dealership is giving me duff info. Continue with whatever works for you,

348ts92 and JTSE30 like this.
  13. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    I see, I will try your method but that’s how the dealer instructed me and I found that was the only way it worked for me from the first go (most of the time) sometimes it needs more than one go depending on the pressure applied.

14. Jurassic86

Jurassic86 Rookie

Mar 20, 2017
    Dealer told me the same. Centre where the latch is. I tried it either sides as you show on your drawing and it doesn't come close to closing.

Maybe it's all down to the size of our hands hehe

15. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    Makes no sense NOT to push above the latch, the material will flex and suffer stress the further you push from the point of resistance.

16. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    You should read the thread again, I never drew anything, these yellow and purple x were drawn by someone else, interpreting what I said. It’s clear that in future I will keep my posts to photos and how great the car is rather than real world experiences. For the record I have had my car 11 months now and was specifically told that 2 early cars in the UK had shown some thought of kink, crease in the center of bonnet above the latch.. was shown a slightly wider closing position low down equal distance from the latch, going back to the drawing done by someone else, it’s further apart from the purple X”s, closer to where the design tapers up. Of course it is no where close to the yellow X”s drawn by some one else. There is a thread over on 296 about battery charging and they are not talking correctly about it, after 11 months of use in my car, I know about the charging procedure and how long it can go without charging to start correctly, but I’m not going to comment….

Senad likes this.
  17. MikeJF488

MikeJF488 Karting

Oct 6, 2018
    London
    Full Name:
    Mike joseph
    I now push down in the centre above the latch, gradually applying more pressure, until I feel it "click" seems to work best on my car

JTSE30 likes this.
  18. MikeJF488

MikeJF488 Karting

Oct 6, 2018
    London
    Full Name:
    Mike joseph
  19. Maser GTS

Maser GTS Karting

Sep 18, 2011
    Very nice, but I always like receiving the model car, even if it wasn't perfectly made to match my options.

perrinnation and F12JAJ like this.
  20. MikeJF488

MikeJF488 Karting

Oct 6, 2018
    London
    Full Name:
    Mike joseph
    I assume that will follow

21. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Love the little knickknacks Ferrari sends. Congrats again, Mike. Enjoy in good health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Headsuppassinglft

Dec 24, 2020
    Addison, TX
    Full Name:
    Christine Fritsch
    Is the luggage from Ferrari?

23. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Headsuppassinglft likes this.